PDA

View Full Version : Arriving a day earlier....

momofaprincess
04-10-2011, 05:27 PM
OK I thought I read the answer to this on here before but cannot find it now so maybe I dreamed it! :confused: Anyway we booked POR with 10 day tickets which we plan to upgrade to APs and dining plan. We have discovered that we can come a day earlier but we can't add a day because the promotion is over. We booked a night in a value for the first night. Is there anyway to get our tickets a day early from POR without messing up our ressies? I hate to pay for a one day ticket and we have to leave a day earlier than we had planned because of my husband's job.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-10-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't think that there is a way to get the tickets from your package.

What a number of people do, it have a "non-park" day on the first day ... maybe get waterpark tickets, go to DTD, take a tour (some don't require tickets), etc.

You can get your package first thing in the morning, so you'll be all set for day 2 of the trip!

faline
04-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Sorry, you can't access the tickets from your package until you check in for your package.

As suggested, you might make this first day a non-park day. You can go to Downtown Disney, visit resorts, spend time at the pool, go boating - there's lots you can do without going into the park.

gerald72
04-11-2011, 07:05 AM
I think we had the same dream.
I know I read this question before, and my first thought was "absolutely not."
But then someone came along and explained how they did it. But I can't remember how. And someone else verified it.
I think it had to do with going to the parks to get it done. Hopefully someone will come along with that answer (again).

faline
04-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Well, here's someone who does say they were able to get tickets early.

Arriving a day early (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=175422&highlight=day+early+tickets).

ortechie
04-17-2011, 08:00 PM
You can definitely pick up your tickets up to 3 days before your package starts.We did this last October at the guest relations window at DTD.You should be able to go to any parks guest relations window and ask for early ticket pickup.They will give you the paper tickets to use and the tickets will not be added to your key to the world card,it was no problem for us.

momofaprincess
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys. I would never have thought about it but I thought I read it on here and then couldn't find it. I really appreciate your help. We were just going to swim and hang out but getting our tickets would be a lot cooler! Thanks again!
:mickey:

CleveRocks
04-19-2011, 02:42 AM
Yes, it very very definitely can be done. It's been spelled out on another board by a current ticketing cast member. It's not getting away with anything, it's standard procedure.