PDA

View Full Version : Do all resorts have 24 hour QS?

DisneyDINK
04-10-2011, 06:13 AM
I was digging around on the WDW site, Intercot & other places, but I can't find what I'm looking for. I know the Poly (Captain Cook's) and the GF have cafes open around the clock. Do all of the resorts (mods and values too) have some sort of 24 hour dining option. I would guess they all need a kitchen to offer 24 hour room service. Is there a list somewhere of all of the 'round the clock options?

BugeyedMuggy
04-10-2011, 07:58 AM
I thought the only 24 hr QS is at the Dolphin. If your staying in the Boardwalk area it is just a walk away.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
04-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't believe any of the moderates or values have 24 hr. dining.

Mickey'sGirl
04-10-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't believe any of the moderates or values have 24 hr. dining.
Agreed. Even the refreshment area is closed for the night.

VWL Mom
04-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Roaring Forks (WL) closes at midnight.

DizneyRox
04-10-2011, 09:51 AM
We ran into this problem a few years ago. Arrived on a late flight and forgot to stop and get something to eat on the way. We ended up having to settle for the vending machine down the hall, which I think provided a meal of potato chips and soda pop.

We won't make that mistake again... Make sure you plan accordingly. I've found many times the parks are open later than the restaurants at the resorts. Make sure you're fed before returning to your resort, or stock up on snackable items in your fridge.

I found zebra domes make a wonderful snack in the room. They don't crunch, you don't need to reheat them and they are very tasty! Nutritious? Well, you can't have everything...

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Most resort QS locations close between 11pm and midnight.

I can tell you from experience that they are STRICT at the closing time. DH tried to get a refill at 10:59pm at POFQ, and they had already started taking the nozzels off.

ChipDale2708
04-10-2011, 01:07 PM
YC/BC doesn't have anything 24 hours either. We found that out a few trips ago when I sprained my foot at the MK and didn't eat much the next day because of the pain. I woke up not feeling well we had nothing in the room to settle my stomach - not fun. Now we always make sure to have beverages and some light snacks in the room just in case. :blush:

TheRustyScupper
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I can tell you from experience that they are STRICT at the closing time. DH tried to get a refill at 10:59pm at POFQ, and they had already started taking the nozzels off.

1) Should this happen again, ask for a manager.
2) From personal knowledge, open times are open times.
3) Managers have been disciplined for closing early.
4) One was almost fired on the spot! *
5) If it says 10:00, it means 10:00, not 9:59.
6) Simply tell them to replace the nozzles, if needed.
7) Or, you will speak with the General Manager!

* A manager started to close a QS early due to lack of business. Unfortunately for him, a big boss came in with guests with 2-minutes to go. The manager, not knowing him said they were closing. When the biggie announced himself, he asked the manager if he should fire him immediately. Definitely a tense moment. The biggie told him he would just do a disciplinary write-up. Now, the manager does not close until the clock strikes closing time !!!!

PETE FROM NYC
04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
We got back late at AS Music. Everything was closed.
The only option was room delivered pizza.
By far the worlds worst excuse for pizza.

BrerGnat
04-10-2011, 08:50 PM
There are only three 24 hour food place at WDW, that I know of:

Captain Cook's (GF)
Gasparilla Grill and Games (GF)
Picabu at the Dolphin

Even the room service only has a VERY limited "late night" menu, and I believe it's only served until like 1am? Maybe?

I think Disney would do well to have a 24 hour Ihop/Denny's style restaurant on property. I'd love the ability to have breakfast at 2am, personally.

ransam
04-10-2011, 09:06 PM
it kind of stunk. a couple years ago we got in late, was soooo hungry, staying at the POP, and had nothing to eat. we ended up taking the bus to DTD and was able to get something, but we were all so tired it would have been nice to just grab something and gone to bed

JPL
04-10-2011, 09:21 PM
It never made sense to me not to leave one place open late even just a grab & go location. Many times I have returned from the parks and wanted something to eat and had to settle for some chips from the vending machine before heading to sleep. At least it open for 2 hours after park closing figuring it takes most aout an hour to return from the parks using Disney Transportation at the end of the night.

I'll never forget the night in October when my flight was delayed and I got to Pop Century starving. There was nothing available to eat and there were lots of people coming back from the Halloween Party also looking for food! I really think it would have be smart and profitable to have something available.

DisneyDINK
04-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the posts. I knew the Poly and the GF have a 24 hour option, but I wasn't sure about the other resorts and I hit a dead-end looking on line for closing times for the other resorts.

wdwfansince75
04-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I believe that the new 4th floor grab and go at the Contemporary is also 24 hrs...but like Captain Cooks and the old Food and Fun Center, the grill closes about midnight...and until the grill opens for breakfast (6 AM or so), only packaged food and drinks are available...no hot foods at either location from 12-6 AM.

BrerGnat
04-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I believe that the new 4th floor grab and go at the Contemporary is also 24 hrs...but like Captain Cooks and the old Food and Fun Center, the grill closes about midnight...and until the grill opens for breakfast (6 AM or so), only packaged food and drinks are available...no hot foods at either location from 12-6 AM.

When we stayed at Contemporary in 2009, Contempo Cafe CLOSED at midnight, every night. Roped off. Registers closed. Unless this has changed in recent years, this place is not a 24 hr location.

Scott C
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I have always thought that a subway type shop would work well for late nights. It is very frustrating to get back to the resort at a late hour and not be able to eat or drink. This has been one of my major complaints over the years. I understand that you don't want to fully staff a food court 24/7. But something could be done.

Thanks
Scott C

jnfr2424
04-12-2011, 09:22 AM
When we stayed at Contemporary in 2009, Contempo Cafe CLOSED at midnight, every night. Roped off. Registers closed. Unless this has changed in recent years, this place is not a 24 hr location.

I can verify up to November 2010 and it was closed as well at midnight evry night

KylesMom
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I think that when they moved the Food & Fun Center up to the 4th floor & renamed it, they also cut the 24-hour service at CR.

Especially with the evening EMH in place, it sure would be nice to have a place to refill your mug & grab a late night snack when you returned to your resort at 1 am!

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Especially with the evening EMH in place, it sure would be nice to have a place to refill your mug & grab a late night snack when you returned to your resort at 1 am!

YES! That is so true, especially since during those nights, it's very difficult to find open food vendors in the parks too.

If not a full service place, the resorts should have at LEAST a little room or alcove in the lobby with a good variety of vending machines. Sodas/drinks; ice cream; fresh snacks (fruit, yogurts, etc.). They have something like this at the Paradise Pier hotel at Disneyland. It's an entire room (that you enter using your room key) with about 10 vending machines selling EVERYTHING you could imagine that could come out of a machine. This is done there, primarily, because there is NO counter service food location at that resort. While it's sort of bizarre, I think it must work if it's been there for so long.

Hammer
04-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes, the lack of late night food options at the resorts is definitely an issue. Before DVC, I got in late to CSR and checked in at 10 minutes to midnight, and La Tienda closed at midnight. The front desk clerk called the store and asked her to wait a few minutes for I could pick up a sandwich. Great service :thumbs up: ! Was able to get a sandwich a couple minutes after midnight and picked up a margarita to go at the bar. Great way to start a vacation!

If you have a car, but don't want to leave property late at night, the McDonald's drive thru is open 24 hours. Had an after Jellyrolls meal there in 2007!

nfrustaci
04-12-2011, 06:28 PM
we got back late at as music. Everything was closed.
The only option was room delivered pizza.
By far the worlds worst excuse for pizza.

i soooooo agree with that statement !!!! Well i am from nyc (staten island, the land of the brooklyn italian ) and i will not order anything italian in disney, for that matter in florida at all. Yuck !!!