PDA

View Full Version : ADR's just made for September

MarkC
04-09-2011, 07:22 PM
We just made ADR's for our September trip a couple of minutes ago. I can't remember if there is free dining during this period, but we were easily able to get all our reservations. Only two were changed by 15 minutes off our original requests, so I'm hoping this means crowds are very low during this time (Sept. 5-9).

Monday-- Yak n Yeti for lunch; Nine Dragons for dinner
Tuesday-- Sci-fi Diner for lunch; Biergarten for dinner
Wednesday-- lunch open; Hollywood Brown Derby for dinner
Thursday-- lunch at Earl of Sandwich (no ressies); Cap N Jacks for dinner.

We've been to Biergarten and Sci-fi before but the rest will be new, so we're quite excited about them. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let me know. Thanks.

akaDisneyDreamer
04-09-2011, 10:54 PM
I absolutely love Yak & Yeti (I had Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp for lunch and Fried Wontons for dessert ~ so good!) and Nine Dragon (I had Honey Sesame Chicken for dinner and don't remember dessert ... but the chicken was very good!) and these are must do places for my family! Great choices there. :thumbsup:

Earl of Sandwich is good too, but my favorite Downtown Disney place is Wolfgang Puck's Cafe (not the Dining Room) where they have the most amazing Macadamia Nut Crusted Breast of Chicken!

I haven't tried your other choices, but I''m sure they are probably good too! Have fun! :mickey:

jonahbear2006
04-09-2011, 11:02 PM
I wouldnt hold your breath for free dining during this time. They were saying it prob wont happen this year bc they did it almost all of last year and beginning of this year but some people are recieving pin codes for it. Your schedule looks like a lot of fun!! Looks good. The crowds during that week are fabulous!! We always go that week. Its our fav. time to go! Kids just got back to school so a lot of families arent vacationing! It may or may not be blazing. Weve been when it wasnt and we were there when a hurricane passed over us and that week it was like stepping into an oven. We walked outside and the air took our breath away it was so thick. I suggest taking caps. We took our ballcaps and put them in the fountains and that made it so much more comfortable with a wet head.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Sounds great

forever a child
04-10-2011, 10:12 AM
We have been to Earl of Sandwich. We did a take out of salads, drinks and deserts for our Dec trip since we had two QS credits left on our last day. It was very good. I would go there again. We tend to choose Wolf gang Puck Express mostly when we go to DTD. I am not a huge sandwich eater.

We have also eaten at Capt'n Jacks once during our first visit with DD. I really don't remember what we ordered or how it was. It was during spring break (my mistake as a first timer, LOL) and it was busy and there was of course a long wait. But that was before ADR's were the norm (I think). It was a nice looking family restaurant...but I can't comment on the food.

Like you, we have enjoyed Sci Fi and I have never tried Biergarten but I want to try it on one of our future visits. Have fun....we will be in WDW in late September too...so perhaps we will see you there. :)

the other micki
04-11-2011, 12:30 AM
We're going Sept. 7th - 15th, so our trips will overlap a little. We've only visited the same two restaurants that you've already visited, but we also plan to try Earl of Sandwich this time. Hope we have great weather and low crowds! :thumbsup:

ransam
04-11-2011, 10:04 AM
I wouldnt hold your breath for free dining during this time. They were saying it prob wont happen this year bc they did it almost all of last year and beginning of this year but some people are recieving pin codes for it. Your schedule looks like a lot of fun!! Looks good. The crowds during that week are fabulous!! We always go that week. Its our fav. time to go! Kids just got back to school so a lot of families arent vacationing! It may or may not be blazing. Weve been when it wasnt and we were there when a hurricane passed over us and that week it was like stepping into an oven. We walked outside and the air took our breath away it was so thick. I suggest taking caps. We took our ballcaps and put them in the fountains and that made it so much more comfortable with a wet head.

i'm just curious who daid that it wouldn't happen? All the planners i've talked to were pretty confident it was going to happen eventually in some way. it be a bummer if this is the frist year it wasn't offered because my trip would be off.

thank you for any inside info you have!

mickey_M_lvr
04-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Those ADR's look great. Very excited for you! We will be there a couple of weeks after you and didn't have a problem either. :fingers: for lower crowds...not empty but low crowds would be nice. :mickey:

it be a bummer if this is the frist year it wasn't offered because my trip would be off.

BTW They did offer it...you had to book by Dec 20th of 2010. I have free dining for my trip. I think people forgot about it already being offered for most of 2011. Early bird gets...free dining. :D

MarkC
04-11-2011, 11:23 AM
We're pretty excited about our choices as well. I had thought that free dining was previously offered for these dates. That's why I was surprised there was so much availability. We're also hoping for low crowds.

We're in our early 50's and this will be our 2nd trip with no kids, as this fall will be the first time they are both in college and in the dorms. Eating at different restaurants is one of our favorite things about going to Disney. All those choices and so little time.

yjgirl32
04-11-2011, 11:26 AM
We will there at that time. Looks Yummy and very similar to our ADR's- enjoy.

Disneyfirsttimer
04-11-2011, 03:57 PM
We have free dining as well. We visited last Sept with free dining and it was offered when we left. Our dates are 9/27 to 10/2.

Disneyfirsttimer
04-11-2011, 03:59 PM
:ditto: for Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. We think it is by far the best counter service in all of WDW. It is a little pricey if not on the dining plan, but well worth it!