PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century??

Thepeterpan
04-09-2011, 12:25 PM
For all you people who have stayed at the Pop Century Resort, how is it? Good rooms? Great guest service? Is it loud? Any advice?

DCDisney
04-09-2011, 01:07 PM
It's my favorite of the value resorts. They've renovated some (all ?) of the rooms, so they have newer tables & dressers and have flat screen TVs.

If you're worried about the noise, ask to be in a building away from the main pool and away from the rooms that face inward where the football field is. There were always kids playing loudly in the football field area. Otherwise, noise wasn't an issue.

It's so upbeat and happy in its decor and theming. Food court is roomy and has lots of seating.

I give it 2 thumbs up for the money.:number1:

YatesMom
04-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I am staying here for the first time at the end of June. I can't wait to see the replies on this thread! :fingers:

disneymom15
04-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Of all the value resorts, it is our favorite. The new renovated rooms are really nice. Food court is great with large selection of food choices.

forever a child
04-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Here is the thread link to my review from our May 2010 visit if you are interested in reading it....

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=171222

YatesMom
04-09-2011, 02:14 PM
That was a very informative post. Thanks so much for referencing it for me. I'm really looking forward to trying out a value. I'd really like to try out all of the on property resorts at some point. I think my little ones will like the theming of POP and we've requested a room facing the lake opposite the bowling pin pool. Thanks again!!

Pop Centurion
04-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Pop is a very fun, cheerful, & colorful resort with great family fun atmosphere. I joke around a lot saying the resort has the same effect as caffeine. No matter how tired I am after a long day at the park, once I get off the bus back at Pop I suddenly feel pepped up & don't want to turn in for the night. The mix of the theme, colors, & kids running around having fun rubs off on you putting you in a great mood.
It can get noisy at times but I've never found it to be annoying nor ever been kept awake or woke up by it.

Ilovemesomedisneymom
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM
We are going in May and this will be our 3rd time staying there. We like it because it has it's own bus. Meaning at the other value resorts the transportation buses stop at all the resorts.

I can't wait to see the "New" rooms. I'm sure you will have a great time:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-09-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm headed back to Pop in 21 days and can't wait! It's bright, colorful and just so much fun. I can't wait to see the refurbished rooms!

The main reason I generally choose Pop over the other values is that it doesn't share buses, so the transportation is much better.

brownie
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
We stayed there just after Thanksgiving last year and enjoyed it. Our room was nice, the service was good, and we didn't find it loud. The resort was busy but was not at capacity.

Our only complaint was the bus service, which we only used a few times since we had our van there. I'd allow for extra time when using the buses to be safe, at least based on our experiences.

lovinmesomedisney
04-10-2011, 05:20 PM
We stayed at the POP for the first time this past February. I love all the values, but of all of them, I hate to say it, but the POP was my least favorite. I guess if you can get a room closer to the main building it is nice, but it seemed like we had to walk and walk and walk and walk to get to our room. I just don't like the layout as much as the others. I also thought the gift shop seemed smaller, maybe it isn't, but it was definitely more crowded every time we went in there. We love Sports and Movies the most. As far as the buses go, seems everyone on here likes POP because of their own buses, but we go every year and we never shared a bus while staying at the movies and the sports. We go to the parks from open to close, so that might be why, but I have yet to stop at another value resort to pick up or drop off. Also, the POP buses were the last ones at each of the parks. No offense, but after being at the parks all day, I hate being on the furthest buses. The rooms are nice and it is fun to take pictures because of the theming, but other than that, I like the other values more.

Belster
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
It's my favorite of the value resorts. They've renovated some (all ?) of the rooms, so they have newer tables & dressers and have flat screen TVs.

If you're worried about the noise, ask to be in a building away from the main pool and away from the rooms that face inward where the football field is. There were always kids playing loudly in the football field area. Otherwise, noise wasn't an issue.

It's so upbeat and happy in its decor and theming. Food court is roomy and has lots of seating.

I give it 2 thumbs up for the money.:number1:

I could not agree more!! We just love POP!!

crazygoalie39
04-11-2011, 01:02 AM
We love the POP. It's great for a value resort. Much better than when we stayed at AS:Sports. I would suggest getting a preferred room to be closer to the food court/buses. Also we did not find it loud at all and highly recommend it. :mickey:

nfrustaci
04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
we love love love POP !!!!!! it is a larger resort than the all stars.... get preferred !!! all rooms are refurbed. i never found it to be loud but we never go during peak season. well we went once during easter and will never go again. the resort wasn't that bad but the parks were crazy !!!! we are spoiled we go during the fall.

DANAM
04-11-2011, 03:49 PM
LOVE POP!!!!! We have stayed twice and have been very happy. We also stayed at the newly remodeled Music in Calypso and we were pleased there as well, but I feel like you have to stay in preferred in the All Star Resorts to be close to everything. We have stayed standard at POP and had a great room close to pool's and Century Hall (and for us the parking lot because we don't use Disney transportation)

big blue and hairy
04-11-2011, 04:34 PM
I guess if you can get a room closer to the main building it is nice, but it seemed like we had to walk and walk and walk and walk to get to our room. That's surprising, because Pop is actually more compact than the All Stars. Since the buildings are four floors instead of three, the rooms are actually closer to the main building. Pop is by far my favorite of the values. It is the newest nicest and the only one (until the Movies refurb is done) one with LCD tv's in all the room, and yes DCDisney, they're all done. I would always recommend Pop as a first choice for a value.

:sulley:

olivegirl
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
WE love love love POP CENTURY!!! We have stayed there many times and love it more each time!! The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, the food is awesome and the rooms are clean and comfortable!!!! We were there in August and had a renevated room!!! Great is all I can say!! We usually get a room by Hourglass Lake!!! It is sooo quiet and peaceful!! The sunsets are just gourgeous!! The food court is large and has great food! We never had to wait more than 15 mins for a bus!! We love that we have a choice of pools!! Have a GREAT trip!!

lovinmesomedisney
04-11-2011, 09:06 PM
That's surprising, because Pop is actually more compact than the All Stars. Since the buildings are four floors instead of three, the rooms are actually closer to the main building. Pop is by far my favorite of the values. It is the newest nicest and the only one (until the Movies refurb is done) one with LCD tv's in all the room, and yes DCDisney, they're all done. I would always recommend Pop as a first choice for a value.

:sulley:

I guess we have been much luckier in getting our rooms at the other values. We stayed in Toy Story at movies several times, never paid for preferred, and in the Touchdown Building at Sports several times. We were in the 80s section at Pop. Our whole group decided we liked the other values better. Just a matter of preferences, I guess.

JerseyDad
04-11-2011, 10:12 PM
....last time we were at POP (Aug/Sept of 2010)...we could not have had a room that was any "closer". We were in the 60's Bldg 4 - Room 4111 (second room from corner - facing pool - and 50 steps to the BAR!!)...and I would LOVE to have that room again. And "noise" was never a factor for a poolside room (we've had poolside - ground floor...5 times).

I really can't say anything better about POP than that they basically "saved" our vacation last year. The staff is great...and THAT is what counts the most.

(oh yeah...it's a really great place to be also)

ransam
04-12-2011, 12:48 AM
i loved it. my favorite, but i've never stayed at a moderate or deluxe either.
espeically if you have kids, it's perfect. its a great location, lots of pools, very decorated. it gets quiet at night.
take some time out and make suer you go to accross the generation bridge...

DisneyNut6777
04-12-2011, 02:22 AM
DW and I stayed at POP for 6 nights/7 days last October (2010). We had a king room. It had been refurbished with the flat screen tv, and all. Very clean. Towel animals were hit and miss during the stay, but Mousekeeping was on top of everything!! Don't remember having many noise problems. We were not on ground floor, not sure which floor actually, maybe 3rd. It was next to a pool. I think there was a gigantic walkman by it, or a computer! We did not swim while there, but it did not seem crowded. Had Pizza delivered one night, it was good, but nothing to rave about. Went into the food court to fill our refillable mugs, and was amazed at the amount of people crowded in there. I almost turned around and fought my way outside!:blush: LOL. The check-in process was fairly easy, not a long wait at all, and the Lobby was outstanding. I enjoyed walking along and looking at the wall of memories? Seeing TAB soda, and things from the 60's, 70's and 80's that I had enjoyed at one time or another, all except the nasty TAB:ack:!! :D Overall I would rate our stay here at the POP Resort a 10!:mickey: Still looking for a home resort, so we hope to try POFQ now that they have been refurbed!! Enjoy!

princessgirls
04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
We typically DO NOT spend a lot of time in the room, and I knew once we tried the POP we probably wouldn't be going anywhere else....

For the price, it has A LOT going for it!!!
Rooms are clean and neat, yes, you could hear a toilet flush here and there, but it didn't keep me up at night.
Busing was organized!!! A first for me!!! They move people in and out at this resort.
The resort theme was really fun. Our girls LOVED it.
The food court (although I avoid in the am) was large and had many choices.
Overall, there was little for me to complain about here. We like to do other things, and the Pop fits into our budget nicely, and you know what, it's a really good bang for your buck!
Julie:mickey: