PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Dates

PrincessPixidust
04-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Does anyone know if MNSSHP dates are every night in October or select nights? :mpumpkin:

I checked the events page for October and the event is just listed as happening, no other details. I'm looking into a trip for my 34th birthday :party: with my family over Columbus Day weekend.

We've been to WDW for countless special trips and never seem to make it for MNSSHP... I'm usually a week later for F&W.

Thanks intercotees! :thanks:

Melanie
04-09-2011, 08:05 AM
It's just select nights, not every night.

Exact dates should be released soon. Usually they are out end of April/beginning of May.

PrincessPixidust
04-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks Melanie! I'll keep a lookout for them... :mickey:

04-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Look at the MK park hours for Oct., 2011 and then look for the nights that the park closes at 7pm. These should be party nights.

Schedules would obviously be subject to change but this should get you close, not "etched in stone" but close.

brivers222
04-12-2011, 01:20 PM
I believe for our week last year it was every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday... We went to the Mon, Tues, thursday during our trip..

BraddyB
04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
While you said you have never made it to mnsshp, I cant seem to get away from it. We were planning on going down november 2012 for the christmas party....Well it looks like the trip is now going to be our third October trip with mnsshp on the agenda.

As much as I wanted to do the christmas party, atleast I know I will have fun at the mnsshp.

Dont miss the beginning of the parade with the headless horseman, and stock up on candy while trick or treating for the rest of your trip !!!!

brivers222
04-12-2011, 01:31 PM
I am a little sadden that we aren't going to any MNSSHP this year. But i hope that the MVMCP's at least hold up somewhat for fun.

I will miss the trick or treating and very intimate character greetings :(

BraddyB
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I am a little sadden that we aren't going to any MNSSHP this year. But i hope that the MVMCP's at least hold up somewhat for fun.

I will miss the trick or treating and very intimate character greetings :(

Let me know how the MVMCP goes. The next MNSSHP trip we will be down there with my wife's family. Will be entertaining to watch her niece and nephews!!!

brivers222
04-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I sure will... as with my last trip reports... plenty of Pictures :)

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know if MNSSHP dates are every night in October or select nights? :mpumpkin:

it is select nights

I checked the events page for October and the event is just listed as happening, no other details. I'm looking into a trip for my 34th birthday :party: with my family over Columbus Day weekend.

it usually is at least a friday and one of the weekend days.

We've been to WDW for countless special trips and never seem to make it for MNSSHP... I'm usually a week later for F&W.

we missed it 2 years ago while we were down there too. we all got the flu and wound up in our rooms the 3rd day of our trip to the very end. we will be there from the 11th-21st of october this year and are planning on the MNSSHP too. I hear the headless horsman is wonderful.

Thanks intercotees! :thanks:

Have a great vacation

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 11:04 AM
While you said you have never made it to mnsshp, I cant seem to get away from it. We were planning on going down november 2012 for the christmas party....Well it looks like the trip is now going to be our third October trip with mnsshp on the agenda.

As much as I wanted to do the christmas party, atleast I know I will have fun at the mnsshp.

Dont miss the beginning of the parade with the headless horseman, and stock up on candy while trick or treating for the rest of your trip !!!!

HMMMM I am probably the only one who is not a fan of the mvmcp. i was there for it last xmas and i have to say while i liked the parade and show, not sure it was worth the extra money. Curious to see how the MNSSHP differs from the MVMCP. I am a really big fan of Halloween so I am super excited !!!!

joonyer
04-13-2011, 11:44 AM
HMMMM I am probably the only one who is not a fan of the mvmcp. i was there for it last xmas and i have to say while i liked the parade and show, not sure it was worth the extra money. Curious to see how the MNSSHP differs from the MVMCP. I am a really big fan of Halloween so I am super excited !!!!

Well, at MNSSHP, you can get all the trick or treat candy you can carry (if you want it). And the fireworks "HalloWishes" show is the best fireworks show of all in WDW (IMO) and the parade is really cool, especially the Headless horseman and the Gravediggers dancing with their shovels sparking on the street. Other than that, it's not a whole lot different from the Christmas party, except for the theme. The crowds will vary depending on the time of the month and the day of the week. We've always found the rides to be mostly walk right on, except for early in the party.

brivers222
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, at MNSSHP, you can get all the trick or treat candy you can carry (if you want it). And the fireworks "HalloWishes" show is the best fireworks show of all in WDW (IMO) and the parade is really cool, especially the Headless horseman and the Gravediggers dancing with their shovels sparking on the street. Other than that, it's not a whole lot different from the Christmas party, except for the theme. The crowds will vary depending on the time of the month and the day of the week. We've always found the rides to be mostly walk right on, except for early in the party.

I am hoping that holds true... i loved MNSSHP, and have been hearing mixed reviews of the christmas party... then again, prior to halloween party i heard some mixed reviews about that too...

AXOAlum
04-15-2011, 05:05 PM
And the fireworks "HalloWishes" show is the best fireworks show of all in WDW (IMO) and the parade is really cool, especially the Headless horseman and the Gravediggers dancing with their shovels sparking on the street.

Agree on all fronts! LOVE the music from The Nightmare Before Christmas too - that is one of our favorite movies. We went back in 2006 so I am anxious about going again soon!

BellesRose
04-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm with you...not a big fan of the Christmas party. But the Halloween party is AMAZING! Or at least it was...I haven't been in a couple of years :(