PDA

View Full Version : 2 day NYC cruise

BklynChick
04-08-2011, 11:04 PM
The combo of a short cruise (perfect for a first time cruiser) with the convenience of leaving from NYC is proving to be nearly irresistible!

Don't know if DCL has done these type of cruises before...if you have been on one, please provide info. I would love some feedback before making final decision.

Thanks!

BrerGnat
04-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Disney did one of these out of L.A. just prior to the first Mexican Riviera sailing this year.

I read a couple trip reports, and most were pretty negative, mostly due to lack of activities onboard as well as poor food/hours of buffet. There was also apparently bad weather (not Disney's fault, obviously), that made being out on deck not especially fun.

I think these types of cruises are good for people who have ALREADY BEEN on a cruise, and who are looking for a quick weekend getaway. Lots of people think of these cruises as "trial runs" to see if they like cruising, but I think you don't get the entire cruise experience in just 2 days. It's almost too short to really enjoy. Part of cruising it its relaxing nature.

I went on a 2 night inaugural cruise to "nowhere" for travel agents several years back (on Carnival). It was fun, because I'd been on a few cruises already. If it had been my first, I'm not sure I'd have decided to cruise again after that...