PDA

View Full Version : which conciergre would you choose??

Soph and Han's Mom
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM
we have stayed at the poly concierge and cr concierge in the past, but would like to try something 'outside the box' this time around! the kids are getting a little older and may not want to do the family vacation thing too much longer, so we want to try some new fun things while we have the chance.

thinking of trying either ak or gf concierge this june. has anyone had any good or bad experiences with one or the other? one's food or atmosphere better? please share...if i'm going to spend that kind of $$ i want to get as much info as possible:thumbsup:

KarenP
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I get loads of client feedback. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both are great but AKL seems to be the favorite for club level. It would be a different experience for sure if you are used to staying at a monorail resort.

BrerGnat
04-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Are you open to trying an Epcot resort?

KatieDuck22
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
You can't beat a Poly concierge. But....if you must. I tried the animal kingdom one once and i thought it was a good experience. I like it better than the Beach club one. they have great zebra cookies. it over looks the lobby so i can't say the view was breathtaking(compared to poly) the rooms were also a haul to get to to stay club level.

Soph and Han's Mom
04-10-2011, 11:52 AM
thanks everyone! after reading feedback and doing a little more research i have decided to go with akl. my daughter has always wanted to stay there in the past, but it was hard for me to give up my beloved monorail! it will sure be different being 'out in the sticks', but hopefully having a car will ease some of that pain;). it's also a surprise trip so seeing her reaction will be very fun.

looking forward to catching up with intercotees while planning my summer vacation:mickey:

DisneyDoug2
04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I have heard that the concierge area of AK is very nice, similar to WL were we typically stay, but the rooms are in a different building that the concierge area, so you have to travel from you room to the main building which include elevators and long hallways. We looked at staying there a few times, but this has always been a turn off, since we can not let our kids go by themselves to the area. As far as I know, AK is the only one set up this way.

mickeyman42
04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I wish I had the dilemma of having to decide between concierge services! maybe one day :mickey:

Soph and Han's Mom
04-11-2011, 12:56 PM
i did see that there can be quite a hike from the room to the lounge. i am a little concerned about that, but as long as the 16 year old goes with the 10 year old i think all should be ok. like i said, not too many 'mandatory family vacation' years left, so i want to try and get some different experiences in while i can! hopefully everyone will be surprised and enjoy themselves! i'll post a report after our stay and give my opinion on the layout:thumbsup:

believe me mickeyman, we have had many stays that were not concierge level!! over the years we have progressed from moderate all the way to where we are now. we also save $$ in other areas...we drive instead of fly, and we also don't really buy any souveniers at the parks anymore, so that is a huge money saver!! but we are definitely lucky to be able to have some great disney vacations:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
04-12-2011, 12:36 PM
We absolutely recommend the AKL club level. It's awesome - great location, great snacks throughout the day, and they even have some really great perks. I'd highly recommend looking into the Sunrise Safari - an extra cost, but a special morning safari at the AK (with plenty of time to see the animals and take pictures before the park opens to the public), along with one of the best breakfasts you'll ever eat at Disney. Have fun!

Soph and Han's Mom
04-12-2011, 02:44 PM
thanks for the info thanx!

does anyone know about the room views on concierge level? are they all savanah views or is that an 'upgrade'? i have read some conflicting info, so i thought i'd ask those who would know for sure:mickey:

i'll post as a new question too, but thanks for any info provided here