PDA

View Full Version : anyone had a murder mystery party?

trevis
04-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi, so this might be a tad random, but today I was thinking about hosting a murder mystery party for my friends and family, and there are about a zillion different 'packages' on the Internet. So, I thought maybe somebody here would have had experience with one that they'd recommend?

I've never done it before, but it seems like a great idea!

tinksmom02
04-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Funny you should mention this...I was discussing this as a potential teen program at the library I work at, just today. So no, I don't have any experience with it, but will be interested in the responses you get!

Dulcee
04-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I actually just went to one! It was a bridal shower that was actually a pirate themed murder mystery. We had a blast! Everyone came in costume (some more elaborate then others) and the food was all themed with Caribbean theme. Having guests who "get into" character is key and our hostess choose main parts for those they knew would play act well.

I'm sorry I don't have any idea where they ordered the package. The guests had lots of fun but I will tell you the hostess said it was a lot of work/prep to make sure it all ran smoothly.

Ian
04-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Oddly enough, I just went to one too. My company took us all to one for our company anniversary back in October.

Quite honestly, I think we just went to a bad one because it was beyond hokey. Corny, incoherent, weird, ill-conceived ... just largely unenjoyable. Some funny moments maybe, but more embarrassing uncomfortable moments unfortunately.

Wish I had more to offer beyond, "Don't pick a bad one!"

In my dreams
04-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I went to a 50th B-day party that was a murder mytery party- LOTS OF FUN!!!:number1: Ours was a get-together for an old movie screen scarlet. Invitations were sent out asking certain people to be "characters" and to dress accordly. I was a "friend" of the scarlet so I poofed the hair using a ton of hairspray, bought the biggest gaudest earrings my lobes could handle, put on a glitzy top and wore a ton of bangle bracelets. The 2 people that ran our mystery had a few props and clue sheets were handed out while we all sat and ate). It was a great time for all the quests!!