PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide- Crystal Palace for breakfast or lunch?

remy1014
04-06-2011, 07:13 PM
We tried CP for breakfast last year and I loved it. The puffed french toast and raspberry crumb cake were awesome. However, I would like to try something new and the lunch options look pretty good.

I can't get an breakfast adr before park opening since I am so close to my trip if that influences your choice.

Paying OOP- It will be DH, DD6 and myself

Thanks

sassy2000
04-07-2011, 09:03 AM
If you cannot get in before the park opens then I would suggest a lunch ADR. At least it will be a new experience for you. We have done both and enjoyed both. The food at lunch is good, not great, but what I expect for a buffet at WDW.

VWL Mom
04-07-2011, 09:16 AM
We usually book 10:45AM breakfast on EMH mornings. We go to the parks at 8A and get a lot done then go for our breakfast. They start to switch some lunch items in as it hits lunch time. Works well for us.

ryca1dreams
04-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I think I like CP more for the atmosphere than the food. Like sassy said, it is good but not great. With all things considered, I would go with the lunch, maybe even later than normal to avoid the rush - I think you would find it a good break.

KatieDuck22
04-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I went to the CP for lunch over the summer and it was a blast! It's set up like breakfast and has a fun lunch menu! I enjoyed it there better for lunch then breakfast to tell you the truth.:number1:

Kaps
04-08-2011, 02:56 PM
We have done both and prefer the breakfast over the latter. Breakfast was very good.

catkrazy
04-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Every trip I have every had we eat lunch at the Crystal Palace. We go around 12 noon and it seems like we must hit it right so it is not super crowded. It is a nice break between the morning and afternoon at MK. And the food is always delicious!! :thumbsup:

olivegirl
04-13-2011, 05:07 PM
For us the Breakfast is THE best!!! We make our ADR for 815am. We arrive to Magic Kingdom before opening and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Seeing the park at that time with no crowds is breathtaking!!! Plus my family does love the breakfast!!!! :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-13-2011, 06:03 PM
For me, the breakfast is much better! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
While I can't comment on breakfast, we really enjoy lunch there. The buffet switches around 11:30, and we like our ADRs for around 11:50. That gives us enough time to really enjoy the park for awhile & get an appetite going. Plus, it's a great place to cool off as the day warms up! :mickey:

crltkcagle
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I would recommend breakfast. Even though you can't get in early its still worth it. On the days we eat a big breakfast like that we usually skip lunch.

Belle_0717
04-15-2011, 02:19 PM
We've had breakfast, lunch and dinner at CP.

I like breakfast best - there are different kinds of dishes that you can't get at other restaurants. And try to get an early ADR too. You enter to the left of the turnstiles and you can get some great photos of JUST YOU on Main Street.

On our honeymoon, we took a later seating - no new breakfast food came out and they were starting to set up lunch. I was very disappointed.

Taking the family in 182 days - DH is up early on Sunday to call for ADRs.

KAT1811
04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Breakfast, hands down!! :thumbsup: :mickey: