PDA

View Full Version : What signature restaurant is best?

steinx3
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
We are going to do the dining plan for a trip down over Christmas and I am wondering what Signature restaurant we should try? (which is worth 2 table services?)

Le Ceiler
Artist Point
California Grill
Cítricos
Flying Fish Cafe
Jiko – The Cooking Place
Narcoossee’s
Yachtsman Steakhouse

faline
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
It's hard to pick "best" from your list.

Le Cellier - I've not been there since they switched to Signature Restaurant status so can't speak to whether or not the change warrant the status.

Artist Point- very good but it would not hit the top of my list

California Grill - excellent food and very good views. We've run into some service issues here from time to time. Our most recent visit (February) was excellent all around.

Citrico's - a favorite of ours. Excellent service and food.

Flying Fish - haven't been here in quite a long time. Food and service was excellent. Unfortunately, we were seated near a family with unruly children which detracted from our experience.

Jiko - have been here a few times. Have always had excellent food and quite good service. Just dined here in February and had an excellent meal.

Narcoosee's - great view. Good food though we've had some variable service here. Just dined here in February and had a very nice meal.

Yachtsman's Steakhouse - only dined here once and had an excellent meal and service.

Jared
04-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I love Jiko and highly recommend it. It's absolutely worth the trip out to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. California Grill is widely considered the best restaurant on Disney property, except perhaps Victoria & Albert's.

I wouldn't base your choice on which restaurant is "worth" two dining credits. None of the places are actually "worth" the money you're spending, at least by most people's normal standards. You're at Disney World on vacation -- go enjoy the ride.

joonyer
04-06-2011, 07:36 PM
several years ago we tried Artist Point, and it was maybe the best meal I've had at WDW as far as the food and service. But my favorite place is still California Grill, for the overall experience. We've always had really good food and service and the atmosphere is top of the "world"! :thumbsup:

jenperich
04-06-2011, 10:57 PM
We've eaten at Artist Point, California Grill, Citricos, Jiko, and Narcoossee's. Out of those, Narcoossee's is our most favorite. The food is fantastic and the service has been wonderful. I really felt like the servers were there to make our experience the absolute best it could be.

With that being said, we also loved Artist Point. The service there was the best we've ever had at WDW. Our server was absolutely wonderful!

We are trying Yachtsman during our trip in Sept, and we hope for good things. :-)

RBrooksC
04-26-2011, 08:34 AM
I have only ever been to the California Grill. It was my honeymoon dinner. We are going again this year.

But I really enjoyed the experience. The check-in on the second level and the express elevator to the top was part of the fun in it. I like how you don't wait in the dining area.

Our table had a fantastic view and we were able to watch the fireworks from our table.

The filets we had were fantastic and well worth the cost.

crazygoalie39
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
I can't pick one "best" one, but top 3 would be Narcoossee's, Citricos, and Cali Grill.

DisneyDoug2
04-26-2011, 01:53 PM
My family has ate at most of these signature dining locations, the real questions is what are you looking for? If its steak then the Yachtsmen, if a fine dining experiance than I would suggest the Cali Grill or V&A, or if you looking for something that is more regional that Jiko's, Artist Point, etc.

TracyL
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
I agree that it really depends on what you're looking for and what kind of food you like. I've been to Cali Grill, Citricos, Artist Point, Le Cellier since it upgraded, and Jiko, and they're all marvelous.

That said, if you want a more exotic sort of experience with unique food, Jiko is definitely your best bet. If you want location, location, location, Cali Grill hands-down. Le Cellier does indeed have top-of-the-line food, but it is (IMO) dark and kind of noisy. If someone offered to take me to my choice of this list, I wouldn't probably choose Le Cellier first.

The absolute finest meal I have ever experienced at Disney, period, was at Artist Point. Food, service, little touches -- it was just flat out of this world. I'm going back for my birthday next month and can't wait!

MarkC
04-26-2011, 03:41 PM
My now retired dentist told me that the best meal he's ever had is at Bistro de Paris above Le Chefs de France. Very pricy but he said the food, service and view were all phenomenal. There are only about 4 tables so he said you felt like it was your personal restaurant. You may want to check it out.

Scar
04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
My now retired dentist told me that the best meal he's ever had is at Bistro de Paris above Le Chefs de France. Very pricy but he said the food, service and view were all phenomenal. There are only about 4 tables so he said you felt like it was your personal restaurant. You may want to check it out.There are definitely more than 4 tables, but I agree with everything else, except my dentist is still practicing. ;)

Of course, Bistro is not on the Dining Plan so it's not really considered "signature."

Mitzie
04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
We were considering The Brown Derby at HS...is that still considered a "Signature" restaurant? I know it is a 2 food credit location on the DDP. What are your thoughts on this place.

SBETigg
04-27-2011, 11:39 AM
We were considering The Brown Derby at HS...is that still considered a "Signature" restaurant? I know it is a 2 food credit location on the DDP. What are your thoughts on this place.

I like the Brown Derby, but of the Signature Dining places, I find it one of the least impressive for the credits. I would definitely still dine there- I like it a lot. But I would consider paying out of pocket and saving my credits for other dining experiences.

SBETigg
04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Le Cellier, have not been since it went to two credits (but not a favorite for me). Also have not yet tried Artist Point and Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Of the ones I have tried, I rate them in order of preference:

1. California Grill
2. Narcoossee’s
3. Cítricos
4. Flying Fish Cafe
5. Jiko – The Cooking Place

They're all really good, and I recommend them. It just depends on taste and what you are looking for in a meal. Jiko really wasn't as impressive as I expected. California Grill is outstanding for food and service, and atmosphere. You can't beat those views.

Not on the dining plan, but highly recommended, Bistro de Paris. And of course, Victoria and Albert's.

ransam
04-27-2011, 01:45 PM
my favorite was the California Grill.....i liked the flying fish, but not as much as others. it was good. service was excellent, atmospher was awesome, food was good, not great.....but the prices, even when on the dining plan was so outragious.

Stickey
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Jiko, excellent filets and service.

disneyparadejunkie
04-27-2011, 09:25 PM
To me it is no doubt that CALI GRILL takes it!

darthmacho
04-28-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm partial to Artist Point. My wife and I agree that it's our favorite restaurant, not just in WDW, but in the whole world!
I admit we're a little biased...:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
04-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Le Cellier - I had one of the worst dining experiences ever here and would absolutely not use 2 dining credits to eat there.
Artist Point - very good but the menu selections were limited for me as i don't eat mushrooms, venison, salmon or red snapper.
California Grill - for some reason I cannot get my DH to go here.......weird.
Cítricos - very, very good and is high on our list for our 50th anniversary celebration with the family.
Flying Fish Cafe - one of our favorites and if you're not a fish eater they have a great steak.
Jiko – The Cooking Place - the food was excellent but the 4 of us were seated along side a large, very loud and drunken group on a banquette with very little space in between. Not a pleasant evening.
Narcoossee’s - love Narrcoosee's and the surf and turf has got to be the best use of 2 DDP credits ever.
Yachtsman Steakhouse - my favorite, favorite and have wonderful steaks and the best waiter in the world Oscar.
Brown Derby - pay out of pocket and go for lunch.

TracyL
04-28-2011, 04:46 PM
I have to agree I would not put Brown Derby at the top of the list. It's good, and it's a nice place, but Citricos, Artist Point, and Cali Grill are all SO much better.

Fastpasssteve
04-30-2011, 11:36 PM
I do love Jiko...oh, lovely fillet of beef!

But, I must say, I love the opulence of California Grill along with certain menu items I fantasize about when I am home.

I do enjoy standing on the balcony there on the top of the Contemporary to watch Wishes over the Magic Kingdom in between courses.

I hope you enjoy your trip.