PDA

View Full Version : Just Back, random thoughts

retiredfigment
04-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Just back from DW, 3/31-4/5. As always, Magical Express, magical. Left Cleveland at 8:45 and was walking around EPCOT by 2. EPCOT Flower Festival was beautiful. Stayed at POP first time. VERY impressed. Lots of fun, very clean, room size okay, pools nice, food court awesome, and bus transportation most convenient and prompt I have ever experienced. Used QS dining. Not sure I saved that much money, but sure love the convenience, though waistline does not necessarily like the free desserts. Someone recently asked if they would always have to eat hamburgers. We only did once, but that was by choice. Many options if you look. Went on Wild African Trek. LOVED IT. Aaron and Frankie were great guides and we learned alot. Went on HM twice. Make sure to go to the left if you want to experience new interactive queue. First time, hitchhiking ghosts just 'floated' on screen. Two days later, they were 'interacting' with the passengers. Crowds were high, but, hey, I was at DW in warm and sunny temps!

KylesMom
04-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm so glad that everything was magical for you - it's nice to hear that all the pieces fell into place and you had a great time. It sounds like the Wild Africa trek is most certainly worth the money. I'd love to give that a try!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

jonsmom
04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Just back from DW, 3/31-4/5. As always, Magical Express, magical. Left Cleveland at 8:45 and was walking around EPCOT by 2. EPCOT Flower Festival was beautiful. Stayed at POP first time. VERY impressed. Lots of fun, very clean, room size okay, pools nice, food court awesome, and bus transportation most convenient and prompt I have ever experienced. Used QS dining. Not sure I saved that much money, but sure love the convenience, though waistline does not necessarily like the free desserts. Someone recently asked if they would always have to eat hamburgers. We only did once, but that was by choice. Many options if you look. Went on Wild African Trek. LOVED IT. Aaron and Frankie were great guides and we learned alot. Went on HM twice. Make sure to go to the left if you want to experience new interactive queue. First time, hitchhiking ghosts just 'floated' on screen. Two days later, they were 'interacting' with the passengers. Crowds were high, but, hey, I was at DW in warm and sunny temps!

How much was African Trek p/p? No $$ on the website.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the report

faline
04-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Nice trip! Would love to hear more about the African Trek!

BrerGnat
04-06-2011, 07:20 PM
How much was African Trek p/p? No $$ on the website.

Disney's Website currently says "call for price".

The price initially was $129 per person. However, that was the "introductory price" and has since been raised.

The latest figures I've seen online price this tour at $189/person.

Dsnygirl
04-07-2011, 12:16 AM
:mickey: Thanks for the thoughts on your trip... it sounds like you had a great time!! Glad to hear you enjoyed Pop... we've never been, but we have friends trying it for the first time and it's nice to hear that you liked it. I did the QS meal plan my last solo trip and really liked it... found I had a lot more options than I thought, and would do it again. We just added some TS meals in where we wanted them, and saved the QS meals for bkfst! The Wild Africa Trek sounds amazing... it's been getting rave reviews, and that's so good to hear. We're hoping to do it in August, but also hoping the price drops a bit for the heat... ;)

Thanks for sharing! :)

garthbarth1
04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
sounds like a great time! We love the QS plan, and the desserts are a nice added bonus bc I love sweets...especially the chocolate cake at Pecos Bills :secret:. Would love to hear more about the African Trek! What it is, where, times, etc..

PrettyMinnie
04-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Glad your trip went well and you had a good attitude about the crowds!

slegrant
04-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Glad you had a fun trip! Thanks for sharing:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
04-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback on the Pop Century Resort, QS Dining Plan, and African Adventure. All good to hear!!!

Glad you had a Magical Trip!!

Thanks for reporting!
Julie:mickey:

artyboy
04-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the report! Sounds like a fun trip!

KatieDuck22
04-15-2011, 01:47 PM
sounds like a great time! Can't wait to feel that warm weather on my skin!

shadowden
04-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the updates! Sounds like a great time...!

January-2007
04-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks for reporting.