PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Old Key West

wendybird
04-06-2011, 03:43 PM
We are a family of three considering a stay at Old Key West in a studio. Were all of the rooms updated last year? How is the transportation (will not have a car)? What blds. are good locations (we prefer to be close to main pool and dining)? We need to decide between OKW and CSR....opinions and info , PLEASE!! Thank you!

Scott C
04-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Stayed at OKW last sept for two nights on the way home from the keys. We had a studio right across from the main building. It did not appear that it had been renovated yet. I found transportation frustrating - leaving in the morning was fine - but coming home at night wasn't. We passed by our room at least three times before we finally got to the last stop.

The food at the snack bar was fine - but the limited menu would get boring for a longer stay.

We did not have the opportunity to try out most of the resorts amenities. The pool area did look fun - but it rained while we were there.

In summary a very decent resort-but not at the top of my list

Thanks
Scott C

Pirate Granny
04-06-2011, 11:06 PM
I've stayed at both....like OKW better. Yes the bus can be a long ride, if you are at the last stop (Miller Road). But so can the last stop at the springs. Food court are equal not much choices...at least the springs you can eat inside. Springs is a LONG way from the parks...so initial ride is longer. Springs is newer, but I think OKW renovations are complete. I like he atmosphere at OKW. Toddler pool at springs is better...both regular pools and quiet pools are great.
So, for me it would be OKW...if you like walking to DTD then the springs would be for me.

Scott C
04-07-2011, 12:19 PM
I've stayed at both....like OKW better. Yes the bus can be a long ride, if you are at the last stop (Miller Road). But so can the last stop at the springs. Food court are equal not much choices...at least the springs you can eat inside. Springs is a LONG way from the parks...so initial ride is longer. Springs is newer, but I think OKW renovations are complete. I like he atmosphere at OKW. Toddler pool at springs is better...both regular pools and quiet pools are great.
So, for me it would be OKW...if you like walking to DTD then the springs would be for me.

I believe that you may have confused Saratoga Springs and Coronado Springs - The walk from CSR to DTD would not be enjoyable.

Thanks
Scott C

MN_Dad
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Only stayed at OKW, but love the resort. Nice boat ride to DTD, especially at night. The main pool is nice, but the kiddie pool does have a bit to be desired. As far as bussing, when we are staying by the main building we will get off at an early stop and walk to our room vs taking the ride all the way around the resort.