PDA

View Full Version : New york port

goofyfan4466
04-06-2011, 03:12 PM
does anybody know what port the new york cruises will sail from ? is it in new york or north jersey ? thanks in advance

BrerGnat
04-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't think they specified, did they?

My guess would be Bayonne, NJ. Most cruise ships leave from there, so there are facilities already in place.

coloradowendyl
04-06-2011, 04:35 PM
As per DCL 5 minutes ago, the castmember said that they have been told: Port to be determined, but will be either Manhattan or Brooklyn.

As we all know with Disney, anything is subject to change!

When we find out, we will post it on Intercot!

Wendy

ElenitaB
04-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Well, I found the answer in today's Crain's. The Magic will make its NY home at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal which is located in the 50's along the Hudson River. Here's link to the article (http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20110406/FREE/110409920)and an interesting tidbit:

City officials expect Disney to attract an estimated 45,000 passengers to New York representing about $11 million in direct spending here.

I much would have preferred the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal which is new and much less congested. But this detail certainly won't keep me from wanting to go! :blush:

GrandFlo
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Finally....DH has been wishing for this for years. We have been on the Wonder many times and loved it. We would go every year but the airfare gets to be too much.

To be able to take the bus from my house to the Magic is making me so happy. :cloud9:

We will be calling 8:00 on Friday morning :thumbsup:

waymickey
04-07-2011, 08:22 AM
I am so jazzed about the NY port!!:cool:
No more driving for a day to get to the magic. It will be great to have disney just an hour away. I can't wait to see what kind of excursions will be offered on these cruises.

shellyc
04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I booked the 5 night for August 12, 2012 while onboard the DREAM last week. I automatically added transfers and insurance. I'll have to see if they will accommodate transfers from the train station, or Newark airport for folks living in NJ but not willing to drive into Manhattan.
We even got a cat 10 sph cabin on deck 5.

chrim
06-15-2011, 01:24 AM
There are currently three locations where large cruise ships dock in the greater NYC area. There is no single area where "most cruise ships leave from."

It looks like Disney will be joining NCL, Carnival, and Holland America by using the Manhattan piers (on 12th Avenue from roughly 51st street to 55th street), which are next door to the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space museum. Here is a link to a related press release:

http://www.nycedc.com/PressRoom/PressReleases/Pages/BloombergAnnounceDisneyCruiseLine.aspx

The other two dock areas are Red Hook in Brooklyn, NY (currently used by Cunard and Princess) and Bayonne, NJ (used by Royal Caribbean and Celebrity).

Here is a link to driving directions for the dock Disney will use in NYC:
http://www.nycruise.com/documents/Directions_MTN.pdf