PDA

View Full Version : Cali grill/fireworks

moe513
04-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I made a 9:30 adr at cali grill. Will II be able to see the fireworks at 10pm from MK. I tried to get 8:30pm adrs but none were available.

They did have 7:40pm adrs availabe but I thought that was too early for the fireworks.

Thx

SBETigg
04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
7: 40 might have worked. You're not seated right away and dinner at the California Grill is an experience that can take a few hours. It's a place where you're meant to linger and enjoy your meal. You're welcome to enjoy the observation deck if you have dined at California Grill at any time. So dining early means you can still come back or stick around and take advantage of the view on the deck.

Dining late, on the other hand, means you might just be getting seated as the fireworks are about to start, and might mean adjusting somewhat to see the fireworks depending on where you are seated. A good portion of the tables at CG do not have a fireworks view, and this means heading out to the observation deck anyway. Not to worry, though-- they are very accommodating and will work your seating around the viewing and I prefer the view on the deck to the view from the tables anyway.

MNNHFLTX
04-06-2011, 03:24 PM
You'll be fine with the 9:30 p.m. time. Many people head out to the observation deck anyway, once the fireworks start. The servers expect it and will hold your table for you (and will even re-heat your food for you, if you want them to). If you would rather dine earlier, you can always do as Sherri mentioned and come back later to watch the fireworks on the observation deck--they allow early diners to do that.

mudpuppysmom
04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Last time we ate there we ate an earlier dinner and came back and watched the fireworks from the platform. Amazingly we were the only people out there, so it was our own private showing of Wishes!! It was a bit windy though.....but nonetheless a wonderful experience!