PDA

View Full Version : Booked very first cruise Fly in day or or day befor

Gayle
04-05-2011, 10:13 PM
DH and I have booked our very first cruise:captain: We booked the maiden voyage of the Fantasy:mjump: What would be best a very early flight day of or coming in the night before. :D:mickey:

Ed
04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Congrats on scoring the Maiden Voyage! :thumbsup:

If I wasn't a local who lives an hour from the port, I'd definitely plan on arriving the day before the cruise. Why gamble on the possibility of flight delays/cancellations ? You could book a hotel room at the Hyatt right in Orlando Int'l, have a nice breakfast in the morning, then go right on down to the first floor to catch the DCL bus to the port.

:captain:

DizneyRox
04-06-2011, 06:36 AM
If you are arranging flights, always at least the day before. The boat will take off without you.

CanadianWDWFan
04-06-2011, 06:39 AM
:ditto:
By flying in the day before, you are giving yourself extra time for any unforeseen delays that may arise. It might cost you a bit more but you will be refreshed in the morning and will be ready for the adventures that await you!

Congrats on your cruise!:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
:ditto: with all of the above.

For our cruise last summer, we arrived the day before, spent the day at Kennedy Space Center and were all ready to go bright and early for the cruise.

vicster
04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Luckily when we went on a cruise we decided to spend the weekend in South Beach before the ship left on Monday. As luck would have it someone took my husband's suitcase in error. It was delivered to our hotel in South Beach on Sunday, otherwise, my husband would not have had any clothes on the cruise.

I definitely would not fly in on the day the ship is leaving- you never know.