PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs Question?

Martino
04-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi folks!;)

For our forthcoming vacation we have booked 14 days at the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. Its not until end Aug/early Sept, but can anyone offer any advice of which is the best block to stay at, and also, is there a way of nicely requesting that particular block.

We have booked the trip from UK via tour operator and not directly with Disney, however I do have our Resort reservation number as they gave it to me when I called Disney Dining to make some reservations for dinner:thumbsup:

We are party of 6

Organiser and chief Disney fan -(me) 44
Wife - 44
Daughter - 21
Son - 18
Sister in law - 50
Brother in Law - 50

I have already had some views that the Grandstand area would be good?

Any views would be most welcome.

And thanks!:blush:

faline
04-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I haven't stayed at Saratoga Springs so can't offer any opinions on the various areas. However, once you decide where you want to stay, I'd suggest you have your request noted on your reservation

Basket Mommy
04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
The Springs is the closest building to check-in, Turf Club (TS restaurant) and the Paddock (CS restaurant), plus the gift shop. It's also just across the street from the best pool. I requested it the last time we stayed there.

laprana
04-06-2011, 10:45 AM
If you want to be close to Downtown Disney, I'd recommend requesting the Congress Park area. It's only about a 5 minute walk to the DTD Marketplace from there!

nfrustaci
04-06-2011, 10:58 AM
we stayed there once... we were accross the lake, not a really long walk to the main area, maybe about 10 min. the grounds are beautiful. i found the rugs to be very dirty. never would have noticed it if i didn't have a one year old crawling. didn't care for the fast service food area. the gift shop is not that great. plan on going to dtd for gifts. the boat to dtd was nice. the main pool is wonderful, they show movies every night, it was nice to be in the pool and watching a disney movie. the quiet pools were also very relaxing. the bus service is basically the same but i found that i waited longer at the villa resorts but they were not as crowded as the regular resort buses. we enjoyed the steak house too. i did find that the hallways to the rooms didn't seem to get as much attention to cleaning as the main resorts. but all in all it was a nice place. have a wonderful vacation. also keep in mind that you can request a certain area but it is not quaranteed.

MyDisneyworld
04-07-2011, 08:56 AM
We have always stayed in the springs on the corner facing the bus stop, pool and lake. You go right out the door and your at the bus, cross the street and your at the pool to swim or refill your mug. Plus the main building is on the otherside of the pool if you want to shop or get something to eat. Always seemed to work out best for our needs. We have also stayed at the tree house villas which is part of it and really enjoyed that. The kids keep asking to go back. It does take a little longer to get around if you don't have your own vehicle but it was very relaxing and the kids loved all the space. Enjoy your stay......