PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Rumor

Belster
04-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Just saw this on a very reputable Blog site:

Mark your calendars! Disney has just given travel agents a heads up that Disney Cruise Lines will be making a big announcement on Wednesday, April 6, at 1 p.m. EDT. Expect to hear details about pricing and the Disney Fantasy, Disney’s newest ship set to launch next spring.

Now, here’s were the rumors and speculation come in. In the email that Disney sent out to travel agents, they also told us to come back on Friday morning for more big news. We’re hearing from insiders that cast members at the call center are being offered overtime that day. Could it mean the return of free dining for fall? Since hold times often average 2 – 3 hours on the days that free dining is announced, Disney typically offers overtime on those days as opposed to days when a simple room-only discount is offered. So it’s definitely looking good.

faline
04-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Only Disney knows for sure!!

Belster
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Only Disney knows for sure!!

This is true but based on th info given one can dream. After-all...isnt that the business we are all after on this site.....dreaming???? :mickey:

McLiberal8
04-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I hope they bring in free dining, again. It will be the different between going to WDW this year, or not!

Is it bad I have been making ADRs already, on the hopes that free dining will open up? :blush:

Belster
04-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I hope they bring in free dining, again. It will be the different between going to WDW this year, or not!

Is it bad I have been making ADRs already, on the hopes that free dining will open up? :blush:

Nope mine are made...lol.

Belster
04-05-2011, 01:02 PM
But before I get burned at the stake....I do have a reservation already. :thedolls:

E-OR
04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Does anyone have any ideas of what the dates might be for free dining? We are planning a trip 9/24-10/3, but would gladly switch if it meant free dining.

McLiberal8
04-05-2011, 03:49 PM
It usually stops right beforethe Epcot Food & Wine Festival starts, which it looks like is on Sept 30th, this year.

I would guess it goes from mid August - end of September (Sept 28?).

BugeyedMuggy
04-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks very much for the info...even if it is only a rumor it lets us keep an eye on that day. Some of us like to control our destiny on planning and making our own reservation.

alpro2
04-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Current WDW promotion is valid thru 8/13, so I would assume (if offered) it would start 8/14.

Bethis26fan
04-05-2011, 06:27 PM
It will be fun to see what it is.

Disney_pups2
04-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Current WDW promotion is valid thru 8/13, so I would assume (if offered) it would start 8/14.

I don't know. It seems that there have been other "piggy backed" deals recently and my Disney stock is down recently for almost the last week. :confused: If new deals have anything to do with stock going down I would say they need a new incentive now. Of course our vacation is planned for June so I would welcome that! lol.

CanadaLovesDisney
04-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Fingers are crossed!

KennyandKim
04-05-2011, 10:04 PM
If so Debbie at MJ will snag it up for us. I hope they do but I don't know if it will be moe than our current room discount at WL

Belster
04-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Good luck to all today!!! Let's all do the happy dance once we find out!!

princessgirls
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Disney DID OFFER FREE Dining for the early Fall, and right on through the Christmas holidays, IF YOU BOOKED YOUR TRIP BY 12/20!!

I took advantage.

The Free promo started 8/20. When I did my reservations 180 out, I had a hard time getting O'Hana...couldn't get it until the Saturday night of our trip 8/27...Leads to me believe that Disney is going to be crowded.

I do hope it comes out again. I know a lot of people who count on it...me included, I just happened to see it, when it came earlier.
Julie:mickey:

JenniferS.
04-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I have a travel agent friend and she said she has an idea of what is going to be announced on Fri, but she said she can't say until they release it. Bummer!! Guess I'll have to wait until Fri to find out. I hope it's free dining for the fall. We want to go in Oct/Nov.

brivers222
04-07-2011, 01:38 PM
its half way through friday... any word on what all the buzz was about?

cer
04-07-2011, 01:41 PM
its half way through friday... any word on what all the buzz was about?

Um, it's only Thursday....I am so sorry if you are "feeling" a Friday. I hate it when that happens. :(

brivers222
04-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Um, it's only Thursday....I am so sorry if you are "feeling" a Friday. I hate it when that happens. :(

LOL oh man... yeah i guess i am... got a day off tomorrow for our ducts to be cleaned... just feels like a friday ;)

Bethis26fan
04-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Disney DID OFFER FREE Dining for the early Fall, and right on through the Christmas holidays, IF YOU BOOKED YOUR TRIP BY 12/20!!

I took advantage.

The Free promo started 8/20. When I did my reservations 180 out, I had a hard time getting O'Hana...couldn't get it until the Saturday night of our trip 8/27...Leads to me believe that Disney is going to be crowded.

I do hope it comes out again. I know a lot of people who count on it...me included, I just happened to see it, when it came earlier.
Julie:mickey:

I booke my trip for Nov/Dec on Oct 12, 10 that offer didn't go that far in to 2011.

steamboat willy
04-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Is it Friday Yet ? ? ?
Our September 24 - Oct 1 sure would be GREAT with Free Dining.
Debbie @ MJ will hook us up!

:fingers: :tasty: :eat: :eat: :tasty: :fingers:

E-OR
04-07-2011, 10:29 PM
We'll be there 9/24 - 10/3, staying at POFQ. Waiting patiently. You on the east coast will hit friday before us. Can't wait to see what is going to happen!

Belster
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Cannot wait to hear about it!!:mickey:

tcswife
04-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Nothing YET!!!!:mickey:

Disney_pups2
04-08-2011, 02:37 AM
I got this off of many other sites. These were released I guess back in 2010.. so I am wondering if they won't be reissued dates?... dates are supposedly Jan 1 – 5 • 9 – 13 • Jan 21 – Feb 3 • Feb 11 – 17 • Feb 25 – Mar 3 • May 27 – Jun 2 • Aug 19 – Sept 29

PeachyGal
04-08-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm dying over here!! Can't wait to hear. Sure would be nice for my 9/9-18 trip!!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Wasn't it around 1:00 ET when the info on wednesday was relased?

r4kids
04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
I am a travel agent and it said check Friday morning! I have been checking and it's driving me crazy it's not out yet!!

BugeyedMuggy
04-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Yesterday we got an E-MAIL from Disney (not a pin code) for discount on vacation packages thru mid Dec . Since we have AP and ToW card and it was not a room only discount it was not good for us. It didn't have our name attached to it so I guess anyone could use it. I have not seen this offer on Disney's site.

Daisy'sMom
04-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Keeping fingers crossed! Family needs one for Oct 6th thru 12th.

Bethis26fan
04-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I think the big wigs have to have some fun, so they get on the diffrent boards to watch everyone guess and watch them wait.

Daisy'sMom
04-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I think the big wigs have to have some fun, so they get on the diffrent boards to watch everyone guess and watch them wait.

Can't you picture Tom Staggs sitting at his desk reading intercot and laughing. :mickey:

brivers222
04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Come on Dec 10th - 18th!!! you had it last year, make daddy happy!!!

Bethis26fan
04-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Can't you picture Tom Staggs sitting at his desk reading intercot and laughing. :mickey:

lol they got to have fun some how. :) And what better way.

Tink1
04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Hate to burst every ones bubble, but the email that said to "watch for announcement" was an email from Operations, not marketing. Operations was announcing the NYC/Galveston sailings so the new announcement would be something on that caliber (think Shanghai)

Disney Marketing has never and will never send an email about an upcoming promotion. They announce offers to the general public once they are bookable, not before. And they don't "hint".

Nanc

Daisy'sMom
04-08-2011, 11:09 AM
I didn't know an email was involved. I thought this discussion started because the reservation center was told they could have overtime today if they wanted.:mickey:

KylesMom
04-08-2011, 11:19 AM
The original post starts out by saying they read the info on a "very reputable blog site".
Now, here’s were the rumors and speculation come in. In the email that Disney sent out to travel agents, they also told us to come back on Friday morning for more big news. We’re hearing from insiders that cast members at the call center are being offered overtime that day. Could it mean the return of free dining for fall?

Guess this should have been put in the rumors forum to begin with!

Sorry everyone is disappointed . . . :(

Tink1
04-08-2011, 11:21 AM
this is a copy and paste of the TA email with the URl edited out

Exciting things are on the horizon for The Walt Disney Company. First, you'll want to chart a course to ...... at 1 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 6, for a big announcement from Disney Cruise Line®.

Also, check back on Friday morning, April 8, for more news from Disney.

No more, no less.

Nanc

Daisy'sMom
04-08-2011, 11:43 AM
ohhhhhh! If something does not come up soon for the fall, my two sisters and their families will cancel and I am sure the rest of us will follow.:(

TheFunBunch
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
so, did Disney release any other news this morning? Since they said to check back for other news, did they release other info instead?

Tink1
04-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Yes, there was a special announcement banner early this morning on the groundbreaking in Shanghai.

The Walt Disney Company and Shanghai Shendi Group, its joint venture partner in China, have broken ground on the Shanghai Disney Resort following approval from the Chinese central government in Beijing. Both companies marked the start of construction on the first Disney resort in mainland China at a groundbreaking ceremony held April 8, 2011.

"Today marks a significant milestone in the history of The Walt Disney Company," said Robert A. Iger, President and CEO of The Walt Disney Company. "Our Shanghai resort will be a world-class family vacation destination that combines classic Disney characters and storytelling with the uniqueness and beauty of China. Working with our Chinese partners, the Shanghai Disney Resort will be both authentically Disney and distinctly Chinese."Nanc

McLiberal8
04-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Wasn't that announced yesterday on their blog, to the public?
Are we sure that is it? :/

KylesMom
04-08-2011, 12:10 PM
The Shanghai announcement/full press release regarding the groundbreaking is the lead story on Disney's press site. It is dated today, April 8.

It's also recently been posted in our News forum.

I've experienced time and time again Magical Journey's incredible speed of updating their client files when specials are released, and I promise you that if a Free Dining offer was announced, there would be many members thanking their MJ agent for getting it done for them early this morning. :)

McLiberal8
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
This is dated yesterday :
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/breaking-ground-on-shanghai-disney-resort/

Just as a side note - does anyone know who's castle this is supposed to be?

KarenP
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I didn't know an email was involved. I thought this discussion started because the reservation center was told they could have overtime today if they wanted.:mickey:

There also was no mandatory overtime as far as we know. It was just shift bid day for CMs.

Belster
04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I am so sorry about posting that. Usually this "blogger/Disney News Site" is VERY good about their information. They have posted a formal sorry on their FB page.

I was very excited about this. I truly am sorry for posting. :(

Daisy'sMom
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I am so sorry about posting that. Usually this "blogger/Disney News Site" is VERY good about their information. They have posted a formal sorry on their FB page.

Nothing to apologize for.

Bethis26fan
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM

I agree nothing to be sorry for. It said rumor. :)

KylesMom
04-08-2011, 02:59 PM
You're a rebel, Belster. :D

Seriously, don't worry about it. You generated some excitement, that's for sure!

I hope that an offer comes out soon for all who are waiting. :mickey:

Belster
04-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Awww...thanks guys!!! You made me feel much better. :mickey:

brivers222
04-08-2011, 03:52 PM
yeah who cares lol i thought yesterday was today... we all make mistakes, just some (like this thread) are way worse than others ;) just kidding... eventually maybe they will announce free dining for December, but I can't book anything till June anyways so, eh!

thanks for staying on top of things!!

lovinmesomedisney
04-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Hmmm, maybe this is why we teach our kids not to spread rumors!

ransam
04-09-2011, 12:38 AM
this is a copy and paste of the TA email with the URl edited out

Exciting things are on the horizon for The Walt Disney Company. First, you'll want to chart a course to ...... at 1 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 6, for a big announcement from Disney Cruise Line®.

Also, check back on Friday morning, April 8, for more news from Disney.

No more, no less.

Nanc

"No more, no less"....
or you could have said something like "nothing's been anounced yet, but hopefully something wil come in the future"

Tink1
04-09-2011, 09:27 AM
"No more, no less"....
or you could have said something like "nothing's been anounced yet, but hopefully something wil come in the future"

We are always hoping for something in the future!

Nanc