PDA

View Full Version : Cameras in Universal Studios

Zawadi
04-05-2011, 08:40 AM
A friend is off to Florida next week and the smallprint on his Universal Express Plus Pass tickets says "No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, controlled substances, cameras, recording devices or bundles and containers of any kind can be brought into the park."

I can understand no cameras on rides for either health and safety or copyright (Spiderman, Simpsons, Harry Potter, Shrek etc) but no cameras in the public park areas is very odd for a family centric location!

Any thoughts?

WDWfanatic742
04-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Now THAT'S a new one. I checked my old tickets and such and nothing like that is on the back...

White Rose
04-05-2011, 10:34 AM
This ridiculously confuses me. I had a camera with me when I was in IOA back in January and was snapping pictures everywhere in the WWoHP. I DO think it's really stupid, especially as Universal has characters in a similar manner like Disney. :confused:

Maybe it's just a typo? I saw LOADS of people with cameras back in January and no one ever said anything to any of them! Maybe they're referring specifically to rides? It just seems like this would be something difficult to regulate. Not to mention, I would be angry after paying that much money for the parks, only to be told I'm not allowed to take pictures of anything!

Ed
04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
That sounds more like the standard language you find on concert and some theater tickets rather than park tickets. Methinks somebody goofed when they printed those Express Passes. I can't imagine Universal trying to prohibit "cameras and recording devices" throughout the parks. :nono:

NJGIRL
04-05-2011, 11:55 AM
I have been to Universal many, many times and have never had that printed on the back of any of my tickets, so I though it must be a misprint. But, it made me curious so I just called Universal customer service and I was told that she had never heard of that and cameras are allowed. She believes it may be a misprint also.

Mogie
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
We had our own backpack, cameras, water bottles etc...no one ever said anything to us. Maybe this was specifically for Forbidden Journey.

Magic Smiles
04-06-2011, 09:27 PM
I know that photos are NOT allowed to be taken on certain rides due to copyright items. I was told before loading Pteranodon Flyers and in certain areas of Jurassic Park River Adventure an announcement would come over the speaker system saying to put cameras away. That would have been 4 years ago.

WDWfanatic742
04-06-2011, 09:50 PM
The one thing I'll say is that Universal is more strict than Disney over taking pictures/videos/audio while in attractions. Usually if you ask the CM at Disney they will let you record pretty much almost anything, even on the rides and shows in which you aren't supposed to be able to. Universal has the no camera spiel on most attractions and they will tell you that you can't record or to put the camera away pretty often.

murphy1
04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
It's only inside the ride FJ, I snapped pics all over the place, including in the little show in Olivanders. We took pics with cast members who looked like the Weasley's, it was hilarious, one guy looked just like Mr. W and there was a girl who looked just like Ginny Weasley working FJ line.

brownie
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
We took plenty of pictures at Universal Orlando last year, along with a lot of other people.

DisneyFr33k
04-26-2011, 07:18 AM
I took tons of pictures when we were there last October. Maybe they mean not to videotape while on the rides? This seems silly not all allow pictures! :confused:

NJGIRL
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Pictures are allowed in Universal. Either there was a misprint on the ticket or the ticket holder misunderstood the ticket.

NJGIRL
04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
OK, I finally got around to looking at the back of my tickets I have for Oct. Nowhere on the back does it even mention the words "pictures" or "photographs". I know that there are different versions of tickets out there depending on where you purchased them, but mine do not say anything about taking pictures.

goofygirl67
05-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Brought mine yesterday and took a ton of pictures.;)

Magic Smiles
05-27-2011, 06:46 AM
We got back last week and when the CMs saw my camera out on Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls and The High in the Sky Suess Trolley Train Ride, I was told to put it away that pictures were NOT allowed.
Took tons of pictures in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter area though. Go figure :confused:

WDWfanatic742
05-27-2011, 10:15 AM
We got back last week and when the CMs saw my camera out on Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls and The High in the Sky Suess Trolley Train Ride, I was told to put it away that pictures were NOT allowed.
Took tons of pictures in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter area though. Go figure :confused:

It's just whether or not you run into a strict employee or not. I think they have the rule in place for all rides that no photography or film can be taken, it's just a different story of it being enforced...