PDA

View Full Version : Dream deluxe stateroom ??

paragon
04-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi all.
We will be on the Dream in two days!
I have to quick and possibly silly questions.
We will be in a deluxe stateroom w/ varandah.

Are there coffee makers in the staterooms?
and
Do we need a power converter, to plug in a hairdryer? ( i'm guessing they have dryers in the rooms, but DW will be bringing her own hair dryer.

Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-10-2011, 06:30 PM
No, there are not coffee makers in the room, but you can order coffee from room service, and there is coffee available at the drink station.

I don't remember about plugs for hairdryers, I never used one the whole time on the cruise!

Ed
04-10-2011, 09:45 PM
There is a built-in hair dryer in the bathroom. I understand that there are also American-type (120 V) electric outlets and European-type (220 V) outlets.

No converters needed.

Christine
05-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Hmmmm. We cruised the Dream in March in a deluxe family storeroom with verandah and it did not have a hair dryer in the bathroom. Only one plug- in the ceiling for a shaver. But there are several outlets, a small chair, and a large mirror at the desk to plug a hair dryer, curling iron, etc.

Ed
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Hmmmm. We cruised the Dream in March in a deluxe family storeroom with verandah and it did not have a hair dryer in the bathroom. Only one plug- in the ceiling for a shaver. But there are several outlets, a small chair, and a large mirror at the desk to plug a hair dryer, curling iron, etc.

That's odd... the DCL website shows these amenities for the deluxe family stateroom w/verandah ~~

Sealy Posturepedic® Premium Plush Euro-top mattresses
Frette 100% Egyptian cotton linens
Premium bath towels
22" LCD flat screen TV on swivel arm with remote control
iPod Docking Station
Full-length mirror
Ample closet space
Refrigerator
In-room safe
Hair dryer
Phone with voice-mail messaging
Individual climate control
Couch
Desk
Chair
Privacy curtain

:shrug:

Christine
05-10-2011, 12:05 AM
The hair dryer is in the desk drawer. Not the bathroom mounted kind. :)

LorrieP
05-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Good to know. We are going next weekend and it would be a bummer to be without a hair dryer!

luvkatiebug
05-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Just noticed your cruise dates "Lorrie P" and we will be on that same cruise. Kids are marking our count down calendar each day! See you there! :mickey:

Ed
05-11-2011, 11:15 AM
We are going next weekend...

...and we will be on that same cruise.

:ditto:

Watch for a neon green INTERCOT T-shirt; yours truly will be inside that shirt !

And by the way, I found out more info on the hair dryer. It's SUPPOSED to be in a bag, hanging inside the closet, but as mentioned above you may find it in a drawer. If you can't find it, don't hesitate to ask your room steward(ess) to get one for you.

Imalismom
05-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Wish I was going to be on that cruise :(

luvkatiebug
05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
10 more days!!!:mickey:

baldburke
05-18-2011, 12:20 AM
We are going next weekend...

...and we will be on that same cruise.

:ditto:

Watch for a neon green INTERCOT T-shirt; yours truly will be inside that shirt !

And by the way, I found out more info on the hair dryer. It's SUPPOSED to be in a bag, hanging inside the closet, but as mentioned above you may find it in a drawer. If you can't find it, don't hesitate to ask your room steward(ess) to get one for you.

Double Ditto! Sailing on Sunday too!

shellyc
05-19-2011, 11:28 PM
We were on the DREAM in April and the hairdryer was in a bag sitting on top of the safe in the closet.

joonyer
05-20-2011, 12:05 PM
On our cruise on the Wonder, we got our teenagers up and went to breakfast together on the first morning, but after that we figured out room service was included in the fare and ordered breakfast in the room every morning after that. DW and I enjoyed our coffee and tea on the veranda while our boys slept in. That was one of my favorite parts of the cruise. It's made the extra cost of a veranda room well worth it!

slheflin
05-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Just came off the Dream on Thursday and they do have hairdryers in the Deluxe Family Stateroom (without verandah). They have a special plug at the desk/TV area for the dryer.

We took an extra power stip (not converter) as was mentioned in another post and it was a huge help!!