PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to DLR from LAX?

cavfam52601
04-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Just found out today that it's going to cost my family of five $91 to take the Disneyland bus to DLR from LAX. Ugh! What's a better option? I've been looking at cars, etc. - problem is, there's another party traveling with us (9 total). If we're arranging for a car, we're gonna need one to fit nine. Should we just pony up the dough and take the DL bus? Thanks for your help!

DisneyDINK
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
With a group that size I don't thing you're going to do any better. Renting a van that will hold 9 is going to cost you. Doing it on transit is possible, but it takes like 4+ hours and still winds up costing like $40 or so, plus you have to halu the luggage around. You'd need 2 cabs and I'm guessing they'd be about $100 each. If you fly into Orange County airport, it is closer, but the access isn't much better and the flight is usually more expensive. I don't think you're going to do any better.

I taken a shuttle a couple of times from LAX to DLR. It is probably you're best bet.

Carol
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I agree.

The Disneyland Express is most likely your best option. That doesn't sound like a bad price to me for that many people - traveling that far. :)

vicster
04-04-2011, 04:52 PM
WOW - Disney's Magical Express is sounding better and better to me - it's free!

BrerGnat
04-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Is that a round trip price? If so, that's a good deal for a family of five! it's under $20 per person. Most shuttle services charge about this much. I think it's a good deal, personally. And, without much hassle on your part.

mouseketeer mom
04-04-2011, 08:19 PM
It is the cost for round trip on the Disneyland Express bus from and back to LAX. Its also less expensive to take the bus from SNA airport, which is even closer to the hotels. Our family of five took the Disneyland Express bus for our transfers to and from the Disneyland Hotel last August and will definitely use it again this coming August. It was sooo easy and we felt affordable.

DryCreek
04-06-2011, 03:13 AM
WOW - Disney's Magical Express is sounding better and better to me - it's free!

I like to say "it's included in the package price".
just nitpicking.