PDA

View Full Version : Wait times now compared to third week of May

RBrooksC
04-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Ok. I was just fooling around and decided to look at my wait time app on my Droid. It is telling me that Splash Mountain is 80 min, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, and Peter Pan are 55 Min, Space Mountain, Speedway are 50 min and the rest of the major rides are 30-40 min.

Is this just a factor of Spring Break or will this be the waits for mid-afternoon in late May?

Strmchsr
04-04-2011, 02:37 PM
This is spring break season, but those specific rides are all slow movers and often have long lines year round. I saw Peter Pan, for instance, with a 55 min standby in the supposedly slow month of January this year. Most rides will be 20ish min (some a little less, some a little more), but the ones you listed are the most popular and tend to be slow moving and you could see those kinds of wait times in May. Doesn't mean you necessarily will, but those numbers look about right for those specific rides compared to what I saw in May the last 2 years and it still wasn't insanely crowded. I would guess Splash will be 30-45 min and BTMRR usually runs 20-30 min in May.

RBrooksC
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I know many of those rides are notoriously slow but, good grief, some of those waits are crazy. And many, imho, aren't worth those wait times. Peter Pan is a great ride but 60 minute wait for a 2.5 min ride is a little excessive.

Strmchsr
04-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I know many of those rides are notoriously slow but, good grief, some of those waits are crazy. And many, imho, aren't worth those wait times. Peter Pan is a great ride but 60 minute wait for a 2.5 min ride is a little excessive.

I agree 100%. That's why we either FP it or skip it. I have discovered that hitting those rides first thing in the morning or later in the evening will often produce better wait times.

PrettyMinnie
04-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Never been during the spring break season, but have been in mid-late May, at never waited in stand by longer than 40 minutes for the major rides you listed. Of course, that was just my experience and every year is different. I agree about waiting an hour for Peter Pan though! Never!

javamama
04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Peter Pan wait is torture..........it's my favorite movie, but I refuse to wait more than 30 minutes, and it's always a big wait even in May(every single year) I just walk by fast with my kids:blush:

AXOAlum
04-04-2011, 08:06 PM
In order at MK:

Dumbo
Peter Pan
Many Adv of Winnie the Pooh

Always in that order - always every trip - always first thing in the morning! We save the FP's for the "mountains" later in the day.

We are also going mid-late May - maybe we'll meet for a Dole Whip (I'll stop by every day at least once just to check if you are there) heehee :mickey:

twinboyz
04-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Always FP Peter Pan. The standby line is bad every time we've gone. April, May, and August. Cool ride!:mickey:

WLfans
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
We did May in 2005. The crowds were very manageable. Fri. Sat and Sun. were more crowded. At the time they were having Grad nights and I really didn't mind it. I did notice some, not many, high age kids around, but it wasn't bad.
The WL sent out a note to all the rooms that you may hear fireworks late at night due to Grad, Night.
Overall, May was a good time to go. Weekend can get busy but not like it is in mid-summer. I think at the time Dumbo was maybe 45 mins. were in the Summer its 90mins. I use crowd levels of September or October as a guide to May.

WLfans
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
I've been checking my iphone app for wait times and I agree they too have been high. Some boards have said this March was crazy down at the World.