PDA

View Full Version : ADRs....

Dedivah
04-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Here are my ADRs, I have not made the actual reservations as yet but this is the
plan. These are all dinner reservations, we plan to eat breakfast at the hotel and get lunch at whatever park we are in.

Sunday:
Breakfast - Cinderella's Royal Table
Dinner - Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner

Monday
Wolf Gang Puck

Tuesday
Fulton Crab House

Wednesday
Marrakesh

Thursday
Coral Reef

Friday
Kona Cafe or OHANA's

I'm a little iffy about Friday's dinner plans. This would be our first time at either one that we choose. I am open to suggestions.

faline
04-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Both Kona and O'Hana's are very nice though they provide very different experiences.

Kona provides pure table service and you order what you want off the menu. O'Hana's offers an all-you-can eat option (without the fuss of running up to a buffet). Some items, like salad, appetizers, and dessert are essentialy served family style. The main course (skewers of meat and shrimp) are brought to your table. This resaturant is essentially a fixed menu. They do offer some entertainment for the young ones so that may or may not be a consideration for you.

Dedivah
04-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Faline!

Our 7 year old daughter will be with us. So the entertainment would be nice the night before we leave WDW.

stitch34
04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I've never been to Kona's but with a 7 yr old, I would definitely suggest O'hana's:mickey:

BrerGnat
04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
If you want 'Ohana, you might have to take whatever night they have. It's a busy place, and books up fast!

I actually love Kona cafe. It's a good lunch spot too, so don't rule that out!

RedSoxFan
04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
We had a great meal at Kona Cafe in December. Great service, atmosphere and food. Loved it.

Dedivah
04-04-2011, 09:38 PM
We are not going until October and my 180 day mark is on the 11th so I pray that I am one of the first ones online or on the phone that morning. ;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Good luck with those!

Belle_0717
04-06-2011, 04:39 PM
O'hana for breakfast or dinner is fabulous for kids - or big kids. The big kids like the cocktails!

Love Kona too! It is not as intimate as I would like it - it is an open restaurant so there is a little noise. With kids, there is always noise but for our anniversary it was a little loud without kids.

Jared
04-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I enjoy both restaurants at the Polynesian and rank them among my favorite places on property. I often waffle when trying decide which I like more! With young children, I think 'Ohana may be the better option, assuming you can secure a reservation. The menu is simple and basic enough to appeal to most palates, and the entertainment is exciting for kids (though grating for adults, I should add).

Kona serves unexpectedly tasty food, but it has no particular theme and doesn't scream "Disney!" like 'Ohana.

Hope this helps!