PDA

View Full Version : Fort Walton Gulfarium?

CosmicRay
04-04-2011, 10:50 AM
We go to Fort Walton/Crestview, FL every time we are on our way to WDW. We stop and go to the same beach and eat at the same restaurant on the beach. There is the Gulfarium there too, and we have never been. Anyone tell me more? I looked at their website, just wondering if it's fun or more on the lame side. Of course I find lame to be funny, so we might enjoy that too. But if someone can give me a review!

SBETigg
04-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Ooh, I was there like 20 years ago. In 20 years, they might have expanded or improved.

It's on the small side, very small tank and I felt bad for the animals. But they put on a good show and I loved seeing them. You can get very close to the dolphins. I just felt bad they were in a tank and not out in the ocean. I don't remember much else, but they probably had more displays and things to see-- but it was on the small side, like I said. A little tacky. Not sure if you would be amused or let down.

CosmicRay
04-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I hope it has gotten better. We will most likely go because we are traveling in November and the water will probably be too cold to play in. We will have five children that will need something to keep them happy for the day. Here's to hoping it's improved and that they gave the animals more space.

SBETigg
04-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I hope so, too. I went to the website, and it definitely looked like a new tank-- bigger. When I was there, it was a round one surrounded by some bleachers. Now it looks more rectangular, so I'm glad it seems they went bigger. There have to have been some improvements in twenty years, I think.