PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass and Dining Plan?

jaredkari
04-03-2011, 08:32 AM
I was just curious, if you have an annual pass and you stay at a WDW resort can you still get the dining plan. I always thought you had to purchase a package, tickets and room in order to get the dining plan. So how does it work with annual pass holders?

MarkC
04-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Yes, you should be able to purchase the dining plan as a separate package. You won't get any discounts for it, but we did this last year and we were even staying at a DVC resort. I think the only stipulation is you have to do it for your entire stay at the resort, but check with member services to be sure. Someone else on this board may know for sure.

Scar
04-03-2011, 09:46 AM
As an AP holder, you are also eligible for Tables in Wonderland where, for $75, you get 20% off all Table Service meals, including all drinks (alcohol and non.) You may want to crunch the numbers to see which is a better deal.

Daisy'sMom
04-03-2011, 10:07 AM
We actually went with the dining the past two years, and did not do TIW this year. The DP was alot better for us.

1EeyoreFan
04-03-2011, 10:15 AM
We just added the dining plan to our room but we had to wait until they announced a AP room special before we could add the dining to it. We had existing ressies at Pop but had to cancel that ressie and make a new one for the same room when the AP rates came out to add the dining.

We are now good to go for May 1-7 with dining ADRs in place!

megustamex
04-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Yes, you can add dining to a room if you have an AP. The only difference is that instead of just paying a one night deposit, you have to pay for the whole trip at the time you add the dining plan (at 45 days out or closer - just like a normal package). However, as I remember you can add the dining plan to your room just 3 days prior to arrival (no later). I would check that date with Disney though just to be sure; I'm going off memory!

Daisy'sMom
04-03-2011, 01:41 PM
We made ressies last month which included resort and dining plan. We only had to put deposit of 200.00 down. We have FL Resident APs and do this all the time.

Pete Olsen
04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I thought you needed at least a one day MYW package to use the dining plan.

KylesMom
04-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I thought you needed at least a one day MYW package to use the dining plan.

They changed this to allow A/P holders to be able to utilize the dining plan - I believe the technical term is "Annual Passholder Package with Dining".