PDA

View Full Version : October Deals?

garthbarth1
04-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi everyone! We are trying to see if there is money in the budget this year to go to WDW this October. I apologize if this info is readily available, I have searched but have not been able to find anything. Are there any deals out there for the month if Oct? Either free dining or a room discout...thanks in advance so much! We have gone every year for the past four years and I will be disappointed if we cannot go this year, but it all comes down to cost! Heres hoping for a WDW vacation this year:)

BugeyedMuggy
04-02-2011, 06:34 PM
No discounts yet for October. Try the Dolphin. We got it for $152/nite. For a deluxe hotel right near the Boardwalk it is unbeatable.

garthbarth1
04-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks so much for that recommendation! I know it is not considered a Disney Hotel, but can you use EMH? Also, from what I have read, you cannot use the Magical Express or the DDP, correct?

Checkers
04-02-2011, 08:27 PM
:mickey:Another one waiting for the Oct. discounts to come out! I don't know if EMH is included at the Swan/Dolphin but I am sure the DP and ME are not available for those staying there. Read somewhere that the Fall rates usually come out mid to late April. We are hoping for a room-only AP discount. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

Belster
04-02-2011, 08:40 PM
We are also going in October and have gone every year at that time for quite some time now....every year they say that the discounts are done and that there will be none but every year we have had really great discounts released. I would book something to hold a room and then you can modify the reservation WHEN the deal comes out. :mickey: Good luck!!

MarkC
04-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Its going to depend on advance bookings and the economy. We did find a Courtyard by Marriott just a few blocks east of downtown Disney for a AAA rate of $71 a night + tax, so we did book that for our September trip. There are deals if you know where to look.

jnfr2424
04-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks so much for that recommendation! I know it is not considered a Disney Hotel, but can you use EMH? Also, from what I have read, you cannot use the Magical Express or the DDP, correct?

That's correct S/D does not participate in DME or DDP but they do participate in EMH
It's still too early for October deals. The only thingI have seen was a Pin offer for the year but that was back in Feb and of course major holidays were blocked out (we like to go around Columbus Day week)

garthbarth1
04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Well I looked in my as email and found one from2/22 that offered the room discounts-40% off Deluxe, 35% moderate, etc...but the pin code, of course, is expired by now :( But we usually dont start planning until June..so just hoping for a trip this year. Actually, we usually get a PIN code in the mail that gets us planning our next trip. The dates for Oct though were blocked out for two weeks...8/21-10/8 and then 10/23-10/29. Does anyone know why the middle two weeks are blocked out for this?
Columbus Day looks like it is Monday Oct 10.
ETA: I looked at the Swan and Dolphin and they look great! ON their website, the are advertised as a Walt Disney World Hotel...so is there a reason that they dont use the DME and DDP when that is how they are advertised. Thanks for any info!

BugeyedMuggy
04-04-2011, 09:44 AM
The S&D are on property but are not owned by Disney they are Westin resorts. The money we saved over a Disney deluxe will more than pay for a towncar ride to and from the airport with a stop at the store. As for the DDP we have the tables of wonderland card and find that alot more economical for us.

Dedivah
04-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Another waiting for October deals. We are already booked and have been since August 2010. So we are going with or without the discount but it would be really nice to get free dining at the very least.

Belster
04-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Another waiting for October deals. We are already booked and have been since August 2010. So we are going with or without the discount but it would be really nice to get free dining at the very least.

That is the exact same boat that we are in. I do hear that a lot of people will cancel without a deal though.

brownie
04-04-2011, 01:36 PM
If you plan on going regardless of a discount, I would encourage you to use Magical Journeys to book your trip. They'll apply any discounts that come up after you book to your trip if they are able to.

We booked last spring with Wendy so we could make our advance dining reservations. When they came out with the free dining during our trip dates, Wendy was able to apply it to our trip.

garthbarth1
04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Well its strange that there are two weeks in oct. the discount isnt available? Any ideas why?We have booked with Magicak Journeys before and have always had great luck!! Do they have pin codes they can apply to you or are they only available if you had one specifically? The last I believe they were snail mailed to me around June and that is when we booked. The Tables in Wonderland is a card you can only use if you are self pay, correct? :mickey:

jonahbear2006
04-04-2011, 10:21 PM
We recieved a pin code for a room discount in december, about 3 weeks ago. it was limited to animal kingdom lodge and wilderness lodge and it wasnt even that good of a deal. i think it was like 25% off.

brownie
04-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Well its strange that there are two weeks in oct. the discount isnt available? Any ideas why?We have booked with Magicak Journeys before and have always had great luck!! Do they have pin codes they can apply to you or are they only available if you had one specifically? The last I believe they were snail mailed to me around June and that is when we booked. The Tables in Wonderland is a card you can only use if you are self pay, correct? :mickey:

There are several types of discount codes that you'll see. Some are for Disney VISA holders, some for annual passholders, some for the general public, etc. A lot end up being the same deal, it's just a matter of when it becomes available (i.e. general public is usually last.)

Pin codes are specific to an individual/family. You'll get an email or a card from Disney with an offer and a pin code. That pin code can only be used by you.

Most travel agents will book your vacation for you and that will be it. If a better deal comes along, you are sort of on your own if you want to get it applied to your vacation. Magical Journeys will apply better deals, a lot of time automatically. If a discount code comes up after you've booked, they'll do what they can to apply it to your vacation. They're the experts, so they'll know about all the discounts.

nfrustaci
04-06-2011, 11:11 AM
i heard some time in august they come out with a discount. i am hoping for that as well. we booked our flight before the gas increase. we are planning on oct 11-21.... 10 wonderful days in out happiest place ever. we usually stay value but have decided to stay moderate this year. hoping that is not a mistake. we are always happy with POP. we tried a villa once and were disapointed.

crltkcagle
04-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I think we may go in October also and are waiting to hear about specials.

ransam
04-09-2011, 12:13 AM
i'm waiting for a deal in september!!! be nice Disney!