PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order from Garden Grocer or take a cab

tinkerbell0902
04-02-2011, 02:14 PM
My mom is a diet Pepsi addict and the last few times we have been down to the World we have pre-ordered a delivery from Garden Grocer but have had to spend $50. We usually end up leaving half of what we bought when we go home. Does anyone know of a cheaper, less wasteful way to get Diet Pepsi?

NJGIRL
04-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Instead of ordering $50 worth of diet pepsi why don't you order enough diet pepsi for your mom and spend the remaining balance on other things that you will use. Maybe water bottles, sun screen, snacks or breakfast foods. It doesn't take much to spend $50 at the grocery store and whatever you order from Garden Grocery doesn't have to be packed in your luggage.

Disney4us2
04-03-2011, 02:05 AM
We have an order in for our spring break trip. Thought about renting a car or taking a taxi. It doesn't take a lot to make up the $40-00 minimum. Ordering from Garden Grocer will save a lot of time and money in the long run.

Just to note: In addition to the delivery fee & tip. There is a fuel surcharge of $1.99 until the gas goes under $300/gallon.

Dream'nDisney
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
We have used Garden Grocer twice, and are planning on using them again for our upcoming trip. We don't usually spend much more than the $40 minimum. We usually get a case of water, gatoraid, bannanas, a few snacks, a gallon of milk, cereal, a 12 pack of beer, and a styrofoam cooler. It is SOOO worth not having to drive and buy the stuff ourselves. Plus, if we would waste our vacation time shopping for food, I am positive we would spend much more than $40. :blush: Plus, think about the money you are spending on either a cab or a rental car, when you could arrive in style with DME!:thumbsup:

LisaP
04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
I have not used Garden Grocer in the past, but I plan to do so later this month.

During our last trip to Disney, I was dumb enough to pack our sunscreen with carry on and had to surrender it at the gate, so DH had to take a cab to Wal Mart and the cab fare alone was $50! We needed a specific brand of sunscreen due to allergies, so my $30 in forfeited sunscreen ended up costing us about $120 when all said and done :bang:

I agree with others that I do not want to spend a minute grocery shopping on my Disney vacation :mickey:

Ilovemesomedisneymom
04-04-2011, 05:54 AM
:clappy:I haven't heard of being able to buy groceries and have them delivered. How does it work and where do I go to get this done? I will be there in May traveling with my son and two of his friends. These three are money poor college students and if I can get a few items for the room to help save them money that would help me.:clappy:

faline
04-04-2011, 08:59 AM
There are several grocey delivery services in the area including Gooding's, Wegoshop and Garden Grocer. Typically, you complete an order form before your arrival which also indicates when you will be arriving and when you want your grocery delivery.

biodtl
04-04-2011, 11:38 AM
I would personally use Garden Grocer before I'd take a cab. I would hate to spend valuable time traveling to a store, plus I think the cab fare would end up costing you about the same as the grocery delivery anyway. We usually buy pop, water, some individual cereals, milk, snack bars, and a case of beer (so DH and I can have a drink after we come back to the hotel at night without paying WAY too much at the hotel bar.

Dream'nDisney
04-04-2011, 01:10 PM
:clappy:I haven't heard of being able to buy groceries and have them delivered. How does it work and where do I go to get this done? I will be there in May traveling with my son and two of his friends. These three are money poor college students and if I can get a few items for the room to help save them money that would help me.:clappy:

Garden Grocer has a website. They are very reasonable in price. Also, if you don't see an item that you want, just call. They have never let us down.