PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom

cardnl1b
04-02-2011, 11:26 AM
We just got back from a trip in the Orlando area. We spent a day at Epcot, and 4 hours at the MK. Epcot was great, we ate in England at the restaurant. It was one of our better country dinners over the years. Also, we didn't seem to have to much of a waiting time on most of the rides.

The Magic Kingdom on the other hand was very disappointing this year. Before going we already knew that the Toon area was closed permanently. But, most of the town square was under construction, Haunted House was completed yet, Peter Pan was shut down, Castle under construction. Really limiting the use of the park during such a busy time. Come on Disney...why do you do all the construction during Spring Break season, which is a peak time of the year.

We ended up cancelling Toni's, because I didn't feel like eating under the tarp. My daughter and I had no problem riding Space Mountain 3x's in the morning. But, walking over to Fantasyland was unbelievable. I've never seen so many strollers parked at one place! Adventureland was just as crowded with strollers. Wouldn't of it made sense to complete the construction areas before Spring Break season? Also, maybe holding off on closing the Toonland area until May? Than at least the kids would have a favorite area to get autographs.

Needless to say, we were very dissapointed with the MK, this year. I have to say that almost every cast member we talked to, either at DTD or the parks were very friendly. Which was a big difference from last year, when their contracts were being renegotiated (at the Spring Break time).

Dream'nDisney
04-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know when the projected date of the Main Street construction is to be completed?

In my dreams
04-02-2011, 05:27 PM
:( I know construction tarps and renovations can take away from the 'magical feeling", but the Disney company -WDW- owes it to their guests and shareholders to do upgrades. Unfortunately that means someone isn't going to be happy because it's when THEY are vacationing.
I, for one, am not going to let that dampen my time there!!:mickey:

Hopefully your next trip, everything in the MK will be new, fresh and ready for your enjoyment:thumbsup:

CanadaLovesDisney
04-02-2011, 07:31 PM
We ate at Tonys town square recently and from inside you will not notice any construction! But I know it's a bit of a pain!

ransam
04-03-2011, 12:23 AM
i really hope it's finished in September.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately there really isn't any time that is going to make everyone happy. And this is actually the slower time of the year. To close it in May would be closing it right as they are going into their peak season. Summertime is extremely busy.

I'm sorry you were disappointed and hope that your next visit will be very magical.

PirateLover
04-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Attendance is up. It's getting to the point where there really is no "slow" season. Typically, the winter through to March is indeed a time where they do a bunch of refurbs. Spring break isn't as "peak" of a season in and of itself as is Easter which is late this year. It's just just the luck of the draw sometimes. I know we were disappointed on our last trip to see so many facades over Main Street, but at the same time, the upkeep must be done. From your signature it seems like you go a lot, and hopefully on your next trip you won't face so many rehabs/closures.

KatieDuck22
04-08-2011, 01:46 PM
sounds disappointing. I'm just going to be happy to be there, whether theres one tarp or a thousand!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
04-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey, I would just be thrilled that I was in the MK :wave:

baby minnie's mommy
04-09-2011, 09:47 PM
The stroller situation is like that even without the construction. Some areas of Magic Kingdom sometimes look like a sea of strollers. :( We took one once for our then 1-yr old. Not again, took much hassle. Really, it's get in the stroller, ride for a minute, get out. Park it, do an attraction, go retrieve it, get him in, ride for a minute, and through the whole process again. And you can't move through stores and crowds very well. We prefer to just carry the kids when they need to stop walking for a while. They can't stand the stroller anyway. It's much more fun for them to be able to touch and explore things.

brownie
04-10-2011, 11:31 AM
We ate at Tonys town square recently and from inside you will not notice any construction! But I know it's a bit of a pain!

I agree. We ate there after Thanksgiving last year and you really don't notice any of the construction from the inside.