PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours 2.0 (Destinations and 50 Different Combinations)

WDWfanatic742
04-02-2011, 05:16 AM
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/star-tours-where-in-the-galaxy-are-we-going/

It won’t be long now before Star Tours re-launches and “The Adventures Continue” at both Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California! But where in the galaxy are we going?

We know a lot of you have been wondering and asking, and today we are happy to reveal the final destinations you can expect to visit when Star Tours resumes service. You already know we’re going to Tatooine for the Boonta Eve Podrace and to Coruscant.

Additional destinations include a visit to the beautiful planet of Naboo, a rare tour of the Wookiee planet of Kashyyyk, and a trip to the icy planet Hoth.

Of course, no Star Tours adventure would be complete without an unexpected visit to the Death Star, this time above the planet Geonosis.

In addition, we’ll be departing from a spectacular new Spaceport, created just for the new Star Tours voyages.

As revealed earlier, these destinations will be combined in more than 50 different story adventures, so you’ll never know where the Force will take you!

MarkC
04-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the update. This sounds awesome and I can't wait to try it in September. Will probably try and ride it a few times.

exvagirl
04-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Awesome!!! It'll give me an excuse to ride more than once! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
04-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks for sharing the news. Great to see all the different destinations. This gives the attraction great re-ride value. I always did it once, maybe twice per visit but now there's reason to ride it over & over. Not to mention this could potentially relieve the long lines a bit from TSMM. Hopefully the lines for ST aren't real long in Sept.

MarkC
04-02-2011, 12:32 PM
My thought is it may take some of the lines away from ToT and RNRC as well, since those rides are frequented by the same demographics. We shall see.

PirateLover
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
SO excited!!!! It will be nice to enter a refurbished cabin that doesn't smell like wet wookie, too!:chewy:

lettripp
04-03-2011, 11:26 AM
This is the first I've heard they are creating multiple adventures!!! I can't wait to try it in August!!!!! (oh man, and to share with my fiance because he is an even bigger Star Wars fan than I am!)

Stitchahula
04-03-2011, 11:31 AM
We can't wait, my sons' wish was to go down for the Star Wars weekend was just granted. He's so excited I don't know if he's going to get a full nights sleep for the next 2 months.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
My nephew William is going to want to go on this over and over again, I just know it. He and his family will be lucky enough to be there not too long after it reopens.

Mousemates
04-04-2011, 08:54 AM
glad to see what will hopefully be some exciting new blood transfused into what had become a somewhat "tired feeling" ride. If done well (and I expect it will be) the multiple ride scenarios will definitely put it back on the must ride list for many visits to come.

Victor Kelly
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Sounds interesting. I always liked Star Tours, even in the old form even though it was dated. This sounds like it will be somewhat like the end of Horizons where you picked the trip, majority ruled.

lioness8978
04-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Whoohoo! Cant wait!

MrPeetrie
04-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the update. This sounds terrific!!!

My wife suffers from motion sickness, so she cant' ride this. I haven't been on it since 2001. But on our next visit in October, my DD8 will be able to ride it with me and she is SOOO excited. And for me, not riding it in more than a decade, it will be like a brand new experience. My wife and DS1.5 can go see Muppet Vision 3D, which ironically frightens my daughter because she hates 3D attractions. And my daughter and I can ride Star Tours 2.0. Great!!!! Thanks for the info again!!!!

My incessant typing tells you how excited I am to return to WDW!!!!

joanna71985
04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Just a heads up though- Star Tours will be in 3D

AXOAlum
04-04-2011, 07:44 PM
SO excited!!!! It will be nice to enter a refurbished cabin that doesn't smell like wet wookie, too!:chewy:

hahaha - LOVE IT! Always wondered how best to describe that smell... now I know! :mickey:

We are there in May (bookending our trips between both Star Wars weekend events) - guessing it will be open, but doubting I'll be wanting anywhere near those lines! YIKES!

ryca1dreams
04-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Really? I always thought it was from an Ewok that had an "accident".

Anyway, this will be cool and make me want to do it lots of times. I remember when there used to be lines on ST - I'm sure they'll be back for this.

brivers222
04-05-2011, 09:58 AM
man when i was a kid i used to ride this at least 25 times during the fireworks over the chinese theater... now as an adult i am going to have ride it at least 60 time throughout my trip in Dec so i can try to get all the experiences.

I loved this "ride"

Imagineer1981
04-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I just hope the simulator is more updated. That tech is so old. I really hope its something state of the art