PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only Trip April 30-May 4 Pre Trip Report

Dopey's Girl
04-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Yippee! I didn't think I would be writing a pre trip report this year so I'm really excited!!!

I swore that 2011 was going to be my year off. I was going to go to one of the other million places that I want to see. Well that was just not in the cards. I got to mid Feb. and couldn't take it any more. I had some airline miles that we set to expire, so I emailed Wendy @ MJ to see what she could find for room rates. It wasn't so bad, so I had her hold a room.

But I didn't really want to go alone this year. I love my solo trips, but I wanted a buddy to keep me company. I polled all my friends, but only got one bite. One of my best friends and former college roomates decided that she wanted to take her first trip ever to WDW with me! Yeah.

It will just be a short trip, but hopefully a fun one. We land at MCO at 7:00 on the 30th, and will head to Pop via Magical Express. We won't do much that night, but will unpack a bit, and maybe explore the hotel a bit.

Sunday is Epcot. I can't wait! I think Pam (my friend) will really like it. Plus I managed to score a lunch reservation to Le Cellier...heaven!

Monday is an off day as of right now. That might change if we decide we can't leave Orlando without seeing AK. I need to do some serious damage to the shopping list, so I think we will head to downtown disney to get our shop on! I'd also like to show her around some of the resorts. I'm sure she would love that!

Tuesday is Magic Kingdom day...we couldn't get to WDW without a visit to MK. We have lunch at LTT, but other than that, we don't have many real plans...Pam's not much of a thrill rider, so it will just be a fun, relaxing day at MK!

Wednesday is going home day. BOO! If we don't end up at DtD on Tuesday, we will head there before leaving for the airport. We are picking up a car at the Dolphin on Sunday, so we can take our time getting to the airport.

So that's the basic plan. I can't wait to have some time with one of my best friends in my favorite place on the planet!

I will have my iPhone with, so I'm sure I will post live mini updates while we are there!

mouseketeer mom
04-02-2011, 07:49 AM
That sounds great! I would love to see live mini updates!

faline
04-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Fun trip! How lucky - Pam gets an experienced guide to introduce her to Disney World!

Dopey's Girl
04-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Fun trip! How lucky - Pam gets an experienced guide to introduce her to Disney World!

That is what she keeps saying! She's never reallly thought she would get to go, so going with someone who knows the ropes was a real bonus! She also likes that she isn't having to make any of the plans! Usually when she travels with her hubby, the planning falls to her, and I'm covering this one!

Dsnygirl
04-05-2011, 03:45 AM
:mickey: Have a wonderful trip -- I bet it will be so fun to show someone new "the ropes"!! And it's funny how that need to go just creeps up on you, isn't it?? Gets me every time.... ;)

DizNee143
04-05-2011, 09:14 AM
sounds like its going to be a fun filled trip with your friend..hope you guys have a blast!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Have a great time

KylesMom
04-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Congratulations on getting a short trip in - I think you're going to be a great tour guide, Meg! :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
04-13-2011, 05:11 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

MinnieMommie
04-13-2011, 05:59 AM
It will be fun to be going with someone who will be experiencing Disney for the first time. How exciting it will be to watch her reactions to all the magic! :mickey:

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 09:17 AM
yippee !!!! i can never not go to disney world each and every year. my husband always says "disney again" and i say yup !!! and when we get off the plane and head down to magical express the smile on his face says it all.....enjoy your girls vaca !!!

princessgirls
04-13-2011, 10:15 AM
A fun trip you have planned!!

Good for you! Relax and Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks all! I can't believe that in two weeks I will be settling in for my last sleep before I go!!! Work has been really stressful the last few weeks, and the only reason I haven't totally lost it is knowing this trip is coming soon!

Dopey's Girl
04-29-2011, 12:56 PM
In honor of my 2,000th post, I just have to say...one more sleep!!!

I'm home from work today getting packed and getting a pedi. 12 hours from now, I'll be getting ready to head to the airport! :mickey: