PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - April 29-May 15, 2011

Strmchsr
04-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Each day in April, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp). Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Friday am, April 29, 2011
Hey, everyone. Due to the extreme tornado damage in Alabama on Wednesday I will be a little sporadic in the upcoming days. I coordinate disaster response for the United Methodist Church and that is keeping me very busy. Fortunately, I and my family are okay, with one of the tornadoes barely missing our home.

The high today will be around 85, so a little cooler. Tomorrow and Sunday will be 86-88 and less humid. Monday and Tuesday highs will be around 90. Wednesday could see some scattered thunderstorms as a weak front approaches. The high will still be 88-90. Thursday and Friday will be 85-87 with isolated pop up showers possible.

Long range...May 7-9 actually looks cooler with highs in the low to mid 80s. We'll have to see if that stays on the maps as we move out of voodooland. By May 10 temps warm into the mid to upper 80s. May 11-12 highs will be around 90, but another round of strong thunderstorms moves in on May 13. May 14-15 should be clear and in the low 80s.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
No delays at 8:30 am CDT. For tomorrow, severe weather could, again, be a problem over OK, east TX, and AR.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iblog/B80495344/C2128971884/E162746321/index.html) and here (http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iblog/B80495344/C2128971884/index.html) to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

cuteduck223
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
reading about the weather brings back memories of our trip with awesome weather, and all my worry leading up to it, stalking this post and making back up plans. :mickey: We're planning our next trip for late February next year...any thoughts on the weather? :party:

Strmchsr
04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
We're planning our next trip for late February next year...any thoughts on the weather? :party:

:D My only thoughts on the weather for next February right now is that I'm pretty sure there will be some. In all seriousness, it's generally in the fall when we can get a handle on the basic patterns for the winter.

WDWFanatic
04-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks Chris, your reports are always spot on. But if I could ask you to move the storms out for the 13th that would be great. :thumbsup: We will be in FL around that time and need some sunny warm weather. No more snow and cold rain for us!

Strmchsr
04-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks Chris, your reports are always spot on. But if I could ask you to move the storms out for the 13th that would be great. :thumbsup: We will be in FL around that time and need some sunny warm weather. No more snow and cold rain for us!

Well, that is still in voodooland, so that's a real possibility. I'll send a memo to the Boss about your request. Either way, it won't be snow or cold rain!

Scar
04-04-2011, 06:15 PM
How about some humidity reports Chris? 8th - 14th. Humidity, you know that's all I care about! ;)

Strmchsr
04-04-2011, 06:18 PM
How about some humidity reports Chris? 8th - 14th. Humidity, you know that's all I care about! ;)

Jeff, it's on the rise. Won't be horrible, but I think in the 10-14 time frame you'll see a heat index in the low 90s.

WDWFanatic
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Well, that is still in voodooland, so that's a real possibility. I'll send a memo to the Boss about your request. Either way, it won't be snow or cold rain!

First off :party:Happy Birthday! :party:

Yesterday was my DS b.day, great time of year.

It's so nice when your weatherman has an in with the big guy:thumbsup:. And since you're asking....how about pushing that thunderstorm off a few days;).

Strmchsr
04-05-2011, 05:55 PM
It's so nice when your weatherman has an in with the big guy:thumbsup:. And since you're asking....how about pushing that thunderstorm off a few days;).

Thanks! And, yes, while I'm asking I'll pass that along. But, remember, I'm just public relations, not management. :D

Disney4us2
04-10-2011, 04:09 PM
My dates (April 16-22) are finally starting to come out of voodoo land. Hoping :fingers:for sunny :sun:weather, please no rain.:rain:

cruzrmomma
04-20-2011, 02:21 AM
thanks for the update-we always go this time of year-bring a $2.97 mister spray bottle from Home depot, and bring a folding stroller (we have no babies) for backpack with stuff. People are begging us to 'mist' them! So glad we have it! my tip for the day...

Strmchsr
04-20-2011, 07:41 AM
thanks for the update-we always go this time of year-bring a $2.97 mister spray bottle from Home depot, and bring a folding stroller (we have no babies) for backpack with stuff. People are begging us to 'mist' them! So glad we have it! my tip for the day...

Those mister bottles are a life saver! After a low to mid 90s trip in May 2009 we brought a mister last year and were much happier.

EpcotFanatic
04-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Is May 3rd still voodooland? That's our first day at the parks. I hope it's not all day rain.

Strmchsr
04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Is May 3rd still voodooland? That's our first day at the parks. I hope it's not all day rain.

Yep. More than 7 days is voodooland.