PDA

View Full Version : Party of 6 - Day 5 DHS and DTD

JakeontheCob
04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Cast includes:

Me (41 - 42 year old man and full time Disney freak)
DS - 11
DD - 7
Father - 70 (his second trip in two years with us)
GF - age less than me
GFD - (girl friends daughter) age 4

Today was yet again beautiful. Sunny and high of about 85. I don't think the weather gets much better than what we have had.

We did not have anything early planned so we slept in this morning. We left the hotel at about 8:30. :thedolls:

We got to the park and through security just as the finished opening up the park to the FastPass Dash to Toy Story Mania. My DS and I grabbed the tickets from everyone and ran off with the crowd to get our FP's for TSM while everyone else went on a character meet and greet under the sorceror's hat.

Having TSM FP's in hand, we met back up with everyone and went on the Great Movie Ride. Next up was The Muppets and then the Indiana Jones Show.

My biggest gripe with DHS's is the timing of everything. If you can't make one or two times that some of the shows are available, you will not see them. This was the case with the Car and Stunt Spectacular this time. We had 12:45 lunch reservations at the Sci-Fi and the car show was at 1:20 and 4 pm. Well, we didn't make the 1:20 as we were eating a great lunch of burgers and shakes at the Sci-Fi and there was not enough other stuff to keep us at the park until 4pm.

After lunch we used our FP's to TSM and then left shortly after to go to DTD.

We always spend a good 3 - 4 hours at DTD during our trips and this was no different. remember how I spoke about how selfless my DS is? Well, when we got to DTD he went to the pin store (the big one outside of the toy store), and bought a pin for everyone on the trip with his own money that he had saved. He spent $50 of his $80 that he had on pins for everyone else. He just made me so proud. It was a shining moment of my life for sure seeing my DS being so good. :cloud9:

We had some great dessert at Ghiaradelli's and then spent our money at the stores. Nothing too much to make not of for this portion of our trip. Just a great kid showing the girls how to act.

Tomorrow is our long day at Epcot and is also our last full day of our vacation at the parks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the report...what a sweet child to buy everyone a pin

faline
04-01-2011, 04:23 PM
It can be difficult to work your day around the show times.

What a generous boy your son is!

mouseketeer mom
04-01-2011, 07:21 PM
That is so sweet of your son!:thumbsup:
I agree about the show times. No matter how many times we've been there, I always find it difficult to coordinate show times/lunch times etc...I always end up missing something!

DizNee143
04-04-2011, 09:17 PM
nice day at MGM and DTD..and that was so extremely nice of your son!! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree about DHS, you definitely need more than a day there if you want to hit each of the shows. Timing truly is everything here! Hope that all enjoyed the delicious shakes & ambiance at Sci-Fi!

when we got to DTD he went to the pin store (the big one outside of the toy store), and bought a pin for everyone on the trip with his own money that he had saved. He spent $50 of his $80 that he had on pins for everyone else. He just made me so proud. It was a shining moment of my life for sure seeing my DS being so good Now that's a Proud Papa moment for sure. Good job on raising such a thoughtful son, Gary! :cool:

No way. I'm in denial. Tomorrow can't possibly be your last full day in the parks. :( I'm having too much fun traveling with you! :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

forever a child
04-10-2011, 03:08 PM
You should be very proud of your son! What a thoughtful young man! :mickey:

vizsla
04-11-2011, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
04-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Your son is a nice kid.:thumbsup: He will make a good husband/father one day!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble juggling shows and things in the studios...we usually miss a few things. My girls could just ride ToT and RnR all day, they do not really care to do the shows!!!

Thanks for a great report!!

Julie:mickey:

artyboy
04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the Report!

emerzmom
04-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports. You must be doing something right to have a son that spent most of his own money to buy everyone a pin. What a great kid!
I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.