PDA

View Full Version : No More Disney Reward Dollars with Debit Card

Dyanna
04-01-2011, 01:12 PM
I just read this article about Chase Bank no longer going to offer Disney Reward Dollars by way of Debit Card as well as the discounts they have been offering. So far they are keeping the rewards program for those utilizing the Chase Disney Credit Card.

Scott C
04-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Not surprising as the fees that banks charge on debit cards are decreasing.

magicofdisney
04-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I never knew that was an option anyway.

SuzieBell
04-01-2011, 02:00 PM
My bank is doing the same thing. After April 15th, no more points for a debit card. Have to use their CC. So, on April 16th, I'll cash out for a $75.00 visa card! That will pay for 1 meal!(In 68 days!!)

brownie
04-01-2011, 06:22 PM
The Huffington Post posted the letter Chase is sending out to those with Disney VISA Debit Cards. The Disney VISA Debit Cards will stop earning rewards dollars after July 12, 2011 and any accumulated rewards dollars must be transferred to a rewards card by October 31, 2011. The card perks will also be ending on October 31, 2011.

Chase said they are doing this in response to the Durbin Amendment. About the only good thing I saw in the letter was that the annual fee was being eliminated.

I wouldn't be happy if I was a Disney VISA Debit Cardmember. However, from a security and identity theft/fraud prevention perspective, it's much better to use a credit card than a debit card. I try to avoid using debit cards as much as I can.

TracyL
04-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I got a letter from my bank (not Chase) about changes to their rewards program that parallel this change. No more rewards for debit cards or for activity on "free" checking accounts. This must be a response to a law change if it's happening across multiple banks.

As the old saying goes, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch....

crltkcagle
04-21-2011, 09:59 PM
This just stinks!!!!