PDA

View Full Version : Party of 6 - Day 3 - Hoop-De-Doo

JakeontheCob
04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Cast includes:

Me (41 - 42 year old man and full time Disney freak)
DS - 11
DD - 7
Father - 70 (his second trip in two years with us)
GF - age less than me :secret:
GFD - (girl friends daughter) age 4

We left the AK at about 3:45 and made the short trip to FW for our dinner ressies at the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue. We had gone to this for the first time on our last trip 2 years ago, but this would be a first for my GF and her DD.

My GF's DD and my DD both fell asleep for a short nap on the car ride to FW, which was probably a good thing. There had been a few temper tantrums thrown this day and a nap was certainly in order. It amazes me how much a 10 minute power nap can charge a kid or an adult.

We parked the car and took the campground bus to the Trail's End area so we could sign in for the dinner show. Before we caught the bus my DD and I walked over by the Circle-D-Ranch to see the horses and must have seen 20 different geckos running around, if not more. I know, most people think nothing of the little lizards, but we love seeing them as up north we barely ever see anything like them.

We signed in and waited for the seating to begin. We were seated at table 111 which was up in the balcony. Our previous dinner we were seated on the main floor, so the balcony offered a different, yet still enjoyable view, of the show. Our server was great and the food was wonderful as always. Who can knock all you can eat ribs, fried chicken, baked beans, the world's best corn bread, and all the other fixings. We ate a lot of food for dinner for sure.

Now, let me say this about this show....it is now a MUST see for us. I find it incredible that this show has been around for as long as it has, has not really changed any, and still is hilarious to kids and adults alike. The jokes are sometimes over the kids heads, but the laughter is infectious and everyone is rolling for the entire show. The laugh of Claire is beyond contagious, and you must experience it to understand. I still smile when I think about this show.

Let us not forget the wonderful strawberry shortcake for dessert. YUM! :thumbsup:

After the show, we headed back to the front of the park to get our car and by the time we got back to the hotel it was close to 8 pm and time for everyone to hit the beds.

Tomorrow was another long day. Chef Mickey's and all day at the MK to include the Main Street Electrical Parade and fireworks.

faline
04-01-2011, 11:34 AM
The Hoop de Doo show is lots of fun! I think I first saw this show in 1979!!!!

dbright
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm curious...why did you drive to the parks each day...instead of using the Disney transportation?

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the report...HDDR is my son's must do

JakeontheCob
04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm curious...why did you drive to the parks each day...instead of using the Disney transportation?

We have done both during the two times we have driven to WDW. To me, it is just easier to load up in the car each morning, and make the drive. We are on our own schedule and if while driving back, we decide we want to go somewhere we can. I am not against using Disney transportation, just prefer driving myself around.

You can say I might be a bit of a control freak I suppose. :blush:

mouseketeer mom
04-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm with you on the Hoop de doo! Love it (and we love the Luau too)...Both my son and I were picked the last two times we saw it...first my son was little Davy Crockett, and then I was the Can Can girl! A wonderful day, thanks for sharing!

yjgirl32
04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I think I will have to try the show on one of trips- already booked our meals for our trip in Sept but maybe for our trip in 2012. Another great report. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
04-04-2011, 12:12 PM
It amazes me how much a 10 minute power nap can charge a kid or an adult. :ditto:

So glad you had a great time at HDDR! Hope you didn't have too long of a wait for the internal bus before you were brought down to the settlement.

We too drive everywhere except MK and find it works better for us - that "control" thing can only be contained so much! :D

Another super day - thanks for sharing with us all! :mickey:

KatieDuck22
04-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Disney does the dinner shows so well i think they should make more!

DizNee143
04-04-2011, 04:29 PM
i totally understand what you mean about the naps..no matter the lenght..lol..
dinner sounds like it was very good..i have yet to go there..but with your description i will look into it for our next trip!!! just hope my 2 year old will be ok there..:mickey:

Momto3littlemice
04-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Love how early you hit the sack -- all the better for being up for opening! :mickey:

vizsla
04-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
04-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Great time at the Hoop-De-Doo!

Yes, a power nap while in Disney can make a world of difference!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

artyboy
04-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the Report!