PDA

View Full Version : Party of 6 - Day 3 - Before Dinner

JakeontheCob
04-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Cast includes:

Me (41 - 42 year old man and full time Disney freak)
DS - 11
DD - 7
Father - 70 (his second trip in two years with us)
GF - age less than me :secret:
GFD - (girl friends daughter) age 4

Today was going to be a long one. AK in the morning for EMH and Hoop-De-Doo revue for dinner. We were in the AK parking lot by 7:45 so that we could get the most of the morning since we would need to leave by 3:30 to make sure we could get to the Fort Wilderness area in time for our 5 pm dinner ressies.

Another non-eventful pass through security and on our way we went. We stopped for some more Photopass pictures and then made a bee-line with everyone else for the Kilamanjaro Safari Ride. There was only a 15 minute wait when we got there, so no FP's and into the stand by line we went. I have ridden this many times before but today we would see more animals than I remember seeing on previous trips. All the animals were up and active. the giraffes were especially close to the road when we went by and we were able to take some great photos. Also very active were the cheetahs, rhinos, and most of the grazing animals. The only animals that were not really visible were the Hippos and the elephants.

After this ride, we headed off to Dinoland to ride Dinosaur (1st time for us). My DS was very apprehensive about riding this and I did not know what to expect so couldn't calm his fears much. The girls decided to skip Dinosaur and instead went on Triceratops Spin and the playground while my Dad, DS and I rode Dinosaur. The ride itself was not bad, but my DS is very sensitive to sensory type rides (a side effect from his epilepsy as a child) so he hated this ride. He was yelling "I am going to kill you Dad" the whole ride. We laughed later about this but while on the ride, he did not find it funny. We will probably not ride this one again, ever.

Everyone met back up and we had some quick pictures with Goofy and Pluto and then it was off to Kali River Rapids. We all LOVE this ride, but all hate being the one that gets soaked. Well, with there being 12 seats (I think there is 12 seats per raft), we stood a 50/50 chance of having someone in our party getting drenched. My GF and her daughter had not ridden this before, so this was all new to them. The line was 30 minutes and the fast passes were for after 3:30 which was too late for us, so into the stand by line we went. It proved to only end up taking about 15 minutes and we were on the ride. We hit the drop and the majority of the water hit my Dad and my DS. :thumbsup: I was barely touched at all, which stunk as it was hot outside and the water would have felt great. After the ride, we hit Yak and Yeti for lunch. We had never eaten here before and I was rather impressed with the size of the lunch for a CS meal.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that we were on the Dining Plan. Not much to mention about this other than I love having had most of my food paid for before we even arrive which is why we try to always do the dining plan on our trips. I know we could probably save more if we didn't do this but I like knowing most of my food is paid for.

After lunch, we headed to the Finding Nemo show. We all love this show, and it did not disappoint the GF and her DD who were seeing it for the first time. We had nice seats up close to the stage and just enjoyed the show. We then caught the Its Tough to Be a Bug show before our final ride of the day.

We had time for one more ride. My DS begged us all to do Kali River Rapids one more time. The girls said, no thanks and headed for Dinoland instead while the boys headed for Kali. This time there was a 30 minute wait that turned out to take closer to 40 minutes. Oh well, the law of averages was against us this time. My Dad and DS stayed dry this time, and I got moderately wet, but not soaked. The girls had caught up with Lilo and Stitch and also gone to the boneyard and had some fun while waiting for us. We met up with them afterwards and left AK just before the parade.

Off to FW and the Hoop-De-Doo!

faline
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Never say never about Dinosaur - you may find your son loves it in a few years!

No Expedition Everest riders in your group?

JakeontheCob
04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Nope, no one wanted to ride it except me and my GF and her DD wouldn't let her out of her sight, so no EE for us this trip.:mad:

faline
04-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Nope, no one wanted to ride it except me and my GF and her DD wouldn't let her out of her sight, so no EE for us this trip.:mad:

Sorry. I didn't get to ride on my last trip either! Maybe next time!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the report

mouseketeer mom
04-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Nice day at AK!

yjgirl32
04-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Another great post. Glad to hear you liked Yak & Yeti- hoping the Table service meal will be just as good.

KylesMom
04-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Lucky you - it's always been a rare event for us to catch the cheetah on the safari.

Yes, Dinosaur can be a very intense attraction for the unsuspecting. Glad you made it through & moved on to Kali, one of our favorites. Maybe because we tour in the summer time and it's always so darn hot at AK, but we're always begging to be the ones that get soaked! :D

A nice day at AK - hope that your evening at HDDR is just as good! :mickey:

KatieDuck22
04-04-2011, 01:38 PM
i always joke around and say ill finally live my dream of working at disney.....but ill be stuck on the dinosoar ride(THE ONE RIDE I WILL NEVER RIDE AGAIN)

DizNee143
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
a pretty good day at AK!!

vizsla
04-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
You guys had a great day in the Animal Kingdom!!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

artyboy
04-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the Report!