PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues...Should we try it?

ldc12377
03-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Thinking about trying out the House of Blues on our next trip. There will be eight of us...5 adults and 3 kids(5, 10, and 12). We have neve eaten at a House of Blues and aren't real sure what they are like or what to expect. Any info would be great.... Thanks

faline
03-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Personally, I think they used to be better in the past then they are now. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

jillluvsdisney
03-31-2011, 09:48 PM
I think the food is pretty good. The food tends toward southern specialties like chicken, catfish, po'boys, cajun ect. To me, it's a nice get away from the resorts and the parks

ElenitaB
03-31-2011, 10:08 PM
We went for the first time last summer so I can't compare it, but my DS (14 at the time) both really liked it.

catkrazy
03-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Very delicious but everything we eat is spicy. The Elwood is my personal favorite!!
:thumbsup:

Crow
03-31-2011, 11:18 PM
we went this last trip because i had a certificate to use ($25 that only cost me $2) jambalaya was good. i dont think i would go out of my way to eat here though.

LudwigVonDrake
04-03-2011, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't make any kind of effort to eat there. It's okay.

Christine
04-03-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree- get the restaurant.com coupon!! Amd try the pepperoni flat bread!! Pretty darn good! We get the coupon and go at happy hour (appetizer happy hour) and our bill for the 3 of us AFTER 18% included gratuity is just at $19! Pretty good value for a different experience!
:thumbsup:

Belle_0717
04-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Corn bread is to die for. I usually order one of the day's specials. I have never had a bad meal there.

TheRustyScupper
04-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Our Ratings of House of Blues: (rev 1/21/11)
. . . food price value: B+
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C+
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTES: It has close to "street" HOB prices which means
good pricing for a WDW eatery, earning it a "B+" for value.
Sometimes it can be kind of loud inside. The Sunday Gospel
Lunch is good (make ressies!) Buy a restaurant.com certificate
and save up to 60%. We were quite happy with the 1/2-rack of
ribs for taste, size, tenderness and price.

MarkC
04-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Just ate at the HOB in New Orleans last week, although I was on expense account so that doesn't really count, does it? Food is decent but very pricey-- $12 for a burger. You can get it for about 1/2 that at a counter service at Disney if you factor in drink and tip.

If you want to look at a menu, go to their online site and check it out.

mouseketeer mom
04-04-2011, 06:22 AM
We did the Sunday brunch at the House of Blues and found the food delicious. I have to say though, we have never gone back, not something we would be so excited to repeat.