PDA

View Full Version : Photo Scavanger Hunt

Frog
03-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Our Local high school band is heading down soon for a trip. Some of the kids have told me they would love to bring me back something...
I don't think I want them to spend money, however I thought it would be fun to give them a Photo Scavanger Hunt to do, then bring back some pictures...
Anyone done one of these that they would be willing to share??

cather74
03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Make a paper doll of yourself for them to bring along. That way you are in all the pictures. We did that when my friend Beckie couldn't go on a trip to the Bahamas with us. We even put her in a ziplock bag for underwater pics!:mickey:

brownie
03-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Make a paper doll of yourself for them to bring along. That way you are in all the pictures. We did that when my friend Beckie couldn't go on a trip to the Bahamas with us. We even put her in a ziplock bag for underwater pics!:mickey:

I like this idea! :thumbsup: It wouldn't necessarily have to be a paper doll; you could use something special as a totem like a plush doll or even the mascot.

sassafras
03-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Our Ed Jones rep gave us a stress reliever pig to take on trips with us. His only request was to have some photos taken of it in different locations and given to him for his office. We had a blast. Took photos of it and my husband at Epcot with the belly dancer behind them and in Le Chefs de France. Our waitress had a ball with that one! Had other photos too, but it was fun and the pig didn't take up much room and would fit in DH's pocket!

Jasminegirlsmom
03-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Select a theme for pictures from each park like music related things, things that are your schools colors, things that start with the letters in your schools name, etc.

Frog
04-01-2011, 09:37 AM
love that idea...
I teach us history... maybe a history theme?
Maybe even use it for a grade to help with make up work for when they get back!!
I think i may start another thread and get some ideas for us history realted picture ideas!!
good stuff guys, thanks!

Frog
04-01-2011, 04:15 PM
After combining all of your input, here is what I came up with...
If anyone would like to throw in other ideas, I am still open to suggestions!
Thanks again!
WDW Historical
Photo Scavenger Hunt

Rules:
Collect photos and assemble them in your favorite viewer program (power point, photo story, etc.)
Each picture is worth points.
I will use the points awarded to you for a grade (up to a 100) to use to replace missing work while you are gone.
When you return to class, plan on presenting a “slide show” for a second opportunity to earn a grade to replace missing work.
Remember to be respectful of other guests while getting completing your scavenger hunt. Families have spent lots of money on their vacations, don’t be the nightmare in there story when they return…
Some rides and show areas will ask you to not use flash photography. Obey the park rules!
Remember, you are representing your school!
1. Find “Liberty Tree” with 13 lanterns hanging from it. A group photo of you plus band members standing in front of the Liberty Tree with the lanterns lit might be pretty nice (bonus of ten points for being at night). (10 pts)
2. Transportation old with Transportation new… Shoot a Steam Train and a Monorail. If you can get them in the same shot, I will add five points. (10 pts)
3. Outside of the American Pavilion in Epcot you will see a building that demonstrates architecture typical of our American Heritage. (bonus of ten points added for a group shot of band members with the Drum and Fife Group that performs outside) (10 pts)
4. Any Historical display inside the American Pavilion Museum has got to be worth something! (5 Pts up to 20)
5. For Every Scene inside the American Adventure Show (inside the American Pavilion) that you include I will give five points (up to 30). Be ready to tell us what era each scene was from.
6. A Picture of you and a CM inside the Hall of Presidents with the Presidential Seal Visible (10 pts)
7. From the Liberty Square Paddle Boat, snap a picture of Native American Life as it may have been. (20pts)
8. Main Street of Magic Kingdom represented Walt’s Memories of Marceline Mo. where he grew up… Find a Photo op typifying what the typical American City may have looked like. (10 pts)
9. Space Ship Earth takes you on a ride through time… Find a scene depicting the development of the modern computer in the ride and get points (no flash allowed, so fix your camera early). (10 pts)
10. Find a “Rock and Roll” Reference in one of the parks and get a picture with you and some one you just met in the fore-ground. (10 pts)
11. Find one of America’s pass times (Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie) represented anywhere in the park. (10pts)
12. Find 10 Fellow Unicorns, and get them to pose in front of Mt Everest with the “Unicorns Up” hand sign. (20 pts)
13. Find a CM that has been to Schliterbahn Water Park and get a picture with the two of you with the “thumbs up” hand sign (10pts)
14. Get picture(s) of Fireworks (or fire) reflecting in water. (10 pts)
15. While at the Studios, if you can get a picture looking out a window from the inside of an elevator, I will give you lots of props! (25 pts)
16. Can you get a shot of you and Mickey while you are wearing a shirt that represents NB High? (20 pts)
17. While riding a “Runaway Mine Train from the West”, snap a shot of anything “westerny” while the ride is moving. (10 pts)
18. Find a couple of pirates who like to play chess. (20 pts)
19. Get a picture of fellow unicorns dropping from a mountain on their way to getting wet (20 pts)
20. Make Chuck Yeager Jealous and get a picture of yourself after riding Mission Space Orange. (10 pts)
21. Take a group picture with three or more Unicorns in Frontier-land wearing coonskin caps. (10 pts)
22. While at Disney Studios find any example of classic American Hollywood History. (10 pts)
23. Get a picture of and be ready to explain why all of the shutters on the windows in Liberty Square are leaning. (10 pts)
24. Get a picture of and be ready to explain why there's a brown pathway on the streets in Liberty Square. (10 pts)
25. Without using a flash, get a shot of any scene as our country makes “progress” and looks forward to a “Great Big Beautiful tomorrow”. (20 pts)
26. Get a picture of a CM in costume that once went to NB High. (Hint, he is your principal’s nephew and works in a show at Animal Kingdom). (35 points)
27. For Each animatronic dog you get in your slide show, I will add five points… (remember no flash photography in dark rides)
28. Any picture with you and Walt smiling will score! (10 pts)