PDA

View Full Version : First Time Cruising

hannahandkalebmom
03-31-2011, 09:00 AM
We are looking to go on a cruise in November this year. What are the pros and cons of going on a seven day cruise? My husband is especially aprehensive of being "cooped up" as he puts it. Is there lots to do for all ages? We have 4 years to 61 years going on this trip. Thanks!

sara114
03-31-2011, 09:23 AM
I have only done the 4 day cruise. So here is my take on this question:
- there are several activities to do while on ship , many which are outside. I never had the feeling of being cooped up and I stayed in an inside cabin.
-the programs they have for the children are wonderful ! They keep them entertained so the adults can have "kid free" time.
- the age range should not matter.
- I believe with the 7 day cruise, you get 2 stops at Castaway Cay.....this is great. I really enjoyed the day at the beach.
-what I like best about a cruise is that you really relax....not rushing to ride something, or dashing to ADR....I felt revived after my cruise.

DisneyPrincess21
03-31-2011, 10:13 AM
We are looking to go on a cruise in November this year. What are the pros and cons of going on a seven day cruise? My husband is especially aprehensive of being "cooped up" as he puts it. Is there lots to do for all ages? We have 4 years to 61 years going on this trip. Thanks!

I haven't been on a 7 day cruise yet, but I am going on one in January! I have been on the 3 day Bahamas cruise, and it was tooooo quick! We were constantly running trying to fit everything in. I think the major pro to doing a 7 day cruise is actually having time to explore the ship. On our 3 day cruise we were so busy exploring the ports of Nassau and Castaway Cay, that you didn't have enough time to explore everything the ship has to offer.

I really don't think your husband will have the time to feel "cooped up" on the cruise, there is so much to do, and there is never a time where you will feel bored.

There is tons of outdoor space on the ship, and my personal favorite is sitting on my private verandah watching the waves and just relaxing!

I personally think that kids have a blast aboard the Disney cruise. There is a ton for them to do. Character meet and greets, dance parties, swimming, movies, etc

Adults have shopping, bingo, movies, nightlife, and the ever popular lounging by the pool soaking up the sun.

If you love Disney, and you enjoy the cruising lifestyle, then you'll love a Disney Cruise.

Ed
03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
- I believe with the 7 day cruise, you get 2 stops at Castaway Cay.....this is great. I really enjoyed the day at the beach.

Sorry - that's not correct. Only one stop at CC, and that's on the last full day of your cruise. That night, you head back to Port Canaveral.

We've been on two 7-nighters, and never got an opportunity to feel "cooped up". There is so much to do onboard that we stayed entertained all day, even on the days at sea.

baldburke
04-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Plus it sounds like you've got a larger group, some adults and some kids. Either way there's lots of opportunities for everyone to have their own "alone time." I can't speak for the kids, but the adults only areas are great and very relaxing. But I also agree with the other comment, plenty to do but not like WDW plenty where you feel you need to be rushing off to the next activity. Very relaxing!

DisneyFr33k
04-02-2011, 11:05 AM
I have been on the 3 day Bahamas cruise, and it was tooooo quick! We were constantly running trying to fit everything in. I think the major pro to doing a 7 day cruise is actually having time to explore the ship. On our 3 day cruise we were so busy exploring the ports of Nassau and Castaway Cay, that you didn't have enough time to explore everything the ship has to offer.

:exactly: We've been on two 7 night and one 3 night and we 100% agree. On the three night it wasn't even worth unpacking. And, after a 7 night, you really feel like you've gotten to know the ship and all it as to offer. You really fall in love with it. 3 night, not so much.

exvagirl
04-02-2011, 11:13 AM
7 night cruise is absolutely great! Never once did we feel cooped up, cabins are pretty spacious (for a cruise ship) and theres TONS of onboard activites and excursions to do that you wont get bored. Have fun!!!

DisneyPrincess21
04-02-2011, 01:12 PM
:exactly: We've been on two 7 night and one 3 night and we 100% agree. On the three night it wasn't even worth unpacking. And, after a 7 night, you really feel like you've gotten to know the ship and all it as to offer. You really fall in love with it. 3 night, not so much.

Can't wait to go on my first 7 day cruise! :thumbsup:

Donald_Quackers
04-02-2011, 11:32 PM
I agree. I've been on a 4 night and a 7 night eastern. The 4 was done with, it seems, too quickly, the 7 night was beautiful.

I can't wait for my next one, the inaugural 7 night eastern on the Fantasy next year.

AllDisney
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
We did the 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise with Disney and it was fantastic. There is ALWAYS something going on and never felt bored.