PDA

View Full Version : Trip planned in 2 days and now my kid is sick!

mamamarie
03-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Kid #2 began throwing up early this morning. Our worst nightmare. I am guessing it will pass to my older daughter and she will have it when we go to leave for Disney and take the 7 hour drive there. Anyone have experience with sick kids for a Disney trip?

faline
03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Sorry to hear that! It's dificult to wait all that time for a vacation to find that your kid(s) are sick! Many folks have reported dealing with sick children while on vacation at Disney which often involves parents splitting up - with one parent staying in the room with the sick child while the other parent takes healthy kid(s) to the park(s).

Hope it passes quickly and you get to enjoy your trip!

princessgirls
03-31-2011, 09:17 AM
That is a bummer. Just pray and hope it passes through the kids quickly.

Julie:mickey:

Dsnygirl
03-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Yipes... keeping my fingers crossed and sending :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: to you and your kiddos that your son feels better quickly & it bypasses your daughter and you and your DH!! I guess the best part is that your driving... you certainly wouldn't want to have to deal with it on a plane!! :blush: Good luck!!

MarkC
03-31-2011, 09:40 AM
We had one that had a 104 degree fever-- nothing you can do until it passes other than take care of them properly. As parents, you can take turns staying with a sick child and the other parent taking the healthy one to the parks. Don't punish the healthy one by staying in the room.

mamamarie
03-31-2011, 09:47 AM
We already figured we would take the healthy one out to the parks. Definitely not going to waste the day away!!

mouseketeer mom
03-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Yes. PLENTY of experience with sick kids. And a sick MOM, ME! This past September I started with a fever and vomiting 24 hours before our plane was to leave for Disney. I kept away from everybody, and luckily it worked out, no one else got it..LOTs and lots of handwashing for you guys from now till you leave. And keep eating light for everyone till then too. One trip my son got sick with fever the day we arrived, as we were sitting in Ohanas. It lasted 3 days, and we had to keep it low key and bring him back to the room to sleep while it passed. It will work out..stomach bugs are usually short lived. The trick is to keep everyone else well from now until then. Your sick child should be fine in two days!!

BrerSchultzy
03-31-2011, 11:32 AM
I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather be when I was sick than in Disney World!