PDA

View Full Version : ADR's made but hmmm, I may change?

forever a child
03-30-2011, 11:20 AM
This trip making ADR's seems a bit stressful and I feel a bit indecisive about some of them! But I got online today and made them based on what I had planned anyway. So here is what I have....

Boma's (love this place and can't wait to return!)
Tusker House Breakfast (a new place for us but I don't really care if we keep it or not)
Les Chef de France (new for us and I am really looking forward to it. Booked at 2:30 with hopes of seeing Remy!)
The Crystal Palace (New for us and looking forward to it for DD's 17's Birthday Breakfast in MK before the park opens!)
Le Cellier (for Lunch and now with the changes...I have reservations about keeping it...but DD loved it during our first visit..so I made the reservations)

There were a few more new places that I would have loved to have made like Teppan Edo, Le Hacienda de San Angel, and a few old favorites like Garden Grill, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, San Angel Inn and 50's Prime Time....but there are just only so many places you can visit in a trip!

I still have to add the Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic! Package on. The September dates were not active either online and via phone today...so I will have to try again tomorrow.

Any suggestions to my ADR plans right now? It is for DD's Birthday...so I want to make sure she has a great time!

forever a child
03-30-2011, 11:25 AM
I forgot to mention that Le Cellier must be a lot easier to get reservations for now as well. I accidentally made lunch reservations for today (March 30th) at 1:35pm! Glad I checked and noticed I had the date incorrect and canceled but I didn't think you could make online reservations the same day! ? :blush:

tinksmom02
03-30-2011, 06:53 PM
I think your ADRs look great! I would have thought that LeCellier would be more difficult to get into for lunch with the changes they made...hopefully that won't be the case when it comes time to book for my November trip!

Anyway, we enjoyed Chefs in December (never saw Remy, though), and have been to both Crystal Palace and Tusker House, and enjoyed them both.

enjoy!

stitch34
04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Your choices look great, but if you are wanting to change one...I would definitely suggest Teppan Edo from your list! We went there are first time in 2009 and returned again last year. We will be dining there again this June. Our whole family loves it:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Great choices, yum

Disneyfirsttimer
04-05-2011, 10:34 AM
We also love Teppan Edo. We are trying Biergarten for the first time this trip. Everything looks great!

We are visiting the same dates as you except you arrive a day earlier. We are going Sept 27 to Oct 2. Have a great trip!

jonahbear2006
04-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Ive done the same thing with Tusker house breakfast a couple of times. Finally we kept it and let me tell ya, DONT get rid of it! Its amazing!!! Not only is the buffet great and one of a kind and has lots of breakfast pastries and toppings, but Goofy is soooooo much fun here! He dances with the kids and this puts the pooh-rade at crystal palace to shame! We had so much fun even grandpa said we have to do this again. Le Cellier, fantastic! We love their cheese soup, steak, and bread. We get deeply saddened by not gettin in here. I also 2nd the teppan edo. We were concerned about whether or not we'd like this place but it ended up being our favorite place and the kids beg to go back here. The food is cooked fresh. They dont put stuff on it and i think in a japanese restaurant that is most people's major concern is ...will there be teriyaki on it or will i like their seasoning but theres nothing added to it, they give you the stuff on the side to add.. Someone suggested biergarten! another restaurant we were scared of and I wish we had given in sooner! What a delightful and tasty place to be! We were literally partying here! We loved it up and down!

jonahbear2006
04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Also on the other two, Crystal palace before rope drop is a must for us for every trip! Great choice!!! Then the other, Les Chefs...My guess is this will be your least favorite. We enjoyed Remy but he was only there for 2 minutes, at our table. The food was just ok and I ordered the chicken and it was very similar to the chicken I ordered at Sassagoula Floatworks. They were both good but, again, just ok. I think that anyone who returns over and over, though, should try all the world showcase places once. The food there is top notch!

forever a child
04-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks everyone for the great feedback and suggestions! I have other ressies...but can't list it here cause DD is also on the Intercot boards and it is a Birthday surprise. :pixie:

But I think we will keep them as they are. Thanks for the feedback. We actually have 2 Reservations at both Boma's and Le Cellier which we may keep both or drop one or two of the extras...but our schedule may vary since we are planning a day at Universal as well and I wanted to make sure we got at least one visit to each.

I was completely surprised to be able to get two reservations at Le Cellier (I had 3 but only cause one was a mistake date and I had to cancel an rebook with correct date) but it got me to wondering if it was already less popular now that the prices & menu have changed. All of my booking were for lunch too which would now seem to be the more popular time for DDP people. We are paying OOP and I can't justify those dinner prices when there are so many other places to visit.

I am also looking forward to a future trip which will include Teppan Edo and Biergerten as well. We are expecting to visit more often after fall of 2012 as we are planning to relocate to Florida! DD is looking at Colleges in this area and I am going to be looking for jobs at the end of the year to go as well. Can't wait to be so much more close!!!!!