PDA

View Full Version : On-Line Check-in

Tink33333
03-29-2011, 02:38 PM
We will be in WDW this Sunday.....CANNOT WAIT...should I use the on-line check-in? What are the advantages of doing this? Are there any disadvantages?

disneymom15
03-29-2011, 03:47 PM
We've used it several times. Most times it's been a time saver. The CM's don't go through there normal speil about the resort (where things are located). If you've stayed at that resort before, I'd say do the on-line check in.

Strmchsr
03-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I don't know that it saves a ton of time, but it does save some since your packet is ready and you don't have to wait on them to enter all your info. It doesn't cost you anything to do it, so it's worth it.

LisaP
04-05-2011, 10:19 PM
The only disadvantage (in my case) is if you have a split reservation ... I am checking-in in person so I do not have to change rooms during my stay :(

brownie
04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
The only disadvantage (in my case) is if you have a split reservation ... I am checking-in in person so I do not have to change rooms during my stay :(

Our neighbors had a split stay on our trip last year. They did the online check-in and the cast members were able to move them to our building and make sure they were in the same building. I don't believe they did the online check-in for the second reservation of the split, though.

aabshagen
04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
How far out can or should you check in online? Or does it not matter?

alpro2
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
What about building requests? Can you request a specific building with online check in?

brownie
04-13-2011, 06:30 PM
How far out can or should you check in online? Or does it not matter?

You can check in online up to 10 days in advance of your arrival.

brownie
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
What about building requests? Can you request a specific building with online check in?

I'm not sure about making a request during the online check-in since I haven't used it. It would be better to make any requests when you make your initial reservations and then follow-up when you arrive at the resort. Even with online check-in, you still have to talk to a cast member at the resort to pick up your stuff.

LudwigVonDrake
04-17-2011, 11:07 AM
You should make your room request when you book the trip. I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) your room is assigned a day or two BEFORE you arrive.

Online check-in will just make your physical check-in that much quicker because your tickets will already be printed when you arrive.