PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Bash - Day 6

buzznwoodysmom
03-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Day 6 – Happy Mardi Gras, and another day off from the parks.

We were really late in getting up today. We were in the room trying to decide what we were going to do today for what seemed like forever. We were supposed to venture out to a beach today, but we waited too long to make a decision and decided it was too late to make a trip to the beach worth it. Instead we headed for the pool. This is something we could do several times every trip. My family gets so much enjoyment out of a quiet day spent at the pool. We had lunch from Roaring Forks at the pool, and Kevin and I had a few drinks. Today was one of the warmer days of the week. A perfect day for the pool. We also spent some time on the beach, my boys love the sand! We were thinking about renting watercraft, but in the end everyone was enjoying the pool and beach so much that we never made it over to the marina. Kevin tried to book a massage, but missed out on that too. By the time he walked over to the spa they were booked for most of the day.

I decided to head to the room and start getting ready for our evening. We were meeting up with Bret and Sherrie at Beaches N Cream. Some of you may remember him as Capt. Tigger. The boys came up shortly after me and we were headed to the Beach Club around 5. When we got there they were waiting at a table outside Beaches N Cream. We put our names at the podium and the boys headed for the arcade while we chatted with Bret and Sherrie. This was only the 3rd time we’ve met them, and only the second time spending a significant amount of time with them, but it’s always like meeting up with friends we’ve known forever. We were seated shortly and had a great meal at BNC. I always enjoy our meals here. We had all sorts of things between all of us, hot dogs, bowl of chili, burgers, fries, root beer float, and shakes. Everything was great!

After dinner we walked with Bret and Sherrie to the Boardwalk. When we got to the Boardwalk Bret and Sherrie went up to their room to grab some Mardi Gras stuff. We watched one of the performers on the Boardwalk and Collin was picked to be in the show. He enjoyed the attention. After the performance Bret and Sherrie rented a 6 seater surrey bike and we took a few spins around the lake playing Mardi Gras music on a CD player, throwing beads, and shouting Happy Mardi Gras. I have to admit that most people had no idea what we were doing or saying, but it was fun none the less. On our second pass around the lake we noticed that all beads had been picked up. We did run into a few people who were obviously from Louisiana and would respond to us! The boys had a blast, Kevin went crazy with the bell, and we had a really fun time! Kevin was our driver, and at one point he wasn’t paying attention and we almost had a collision with a tree. The big hill at the Swan and Dolphin was a killer to get up, and on one round Kevin and Bret actually got off and pushed to help us get up. Lots of laughs were had! Bret and Sherri had some nice beads to give us to keep, and a bag full of goodies for the boys from a big Mardi Gras crew out of New Orleans. The boys played with their new Mardi Gras football in the grass, while we chatted and watched another performer. We said goodbye to our Disney friends and drove back to WL. Back in the room I tried to start packing up some of our things for our move to AKL in a few days. It was so overwhelming. We’ve done split stays plenty of times, but for some reason it seemed like so much work this time. I think we may be done with split stays for a while.

Up Next – Happy Birthday Landon! Universal Island’s of Adventure!

mouseketeer mom
03-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh that hill on the Surrey Bike!! My husband swears he will never do that with us again!!! Harder then it looks, huh?
Thats sounds like a terrific day! Lots of relaxing,and Intercot friends!

buzznwoodysmom
03-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh that hill on the Surrey Bike!! My husband swears he will never do that with us again!!! Harder then it looks, huh?
Thats sounds like a terrific day! Lots of relaxing,and Intercot friends!

Yes, that hill is way harder than it looks, and we ride bikes around home ALL THE TIME! We live in a very flat area so we aren't used to hills. We've rented the bikes at Coronado before and I wondered why so many people claimed these bikes so hard???? We didn't have any trouble with them at Coronado. Well now I know....they must have rented them from the boardwalk, and surely they were talking specifically about that HILL!

DizNee143
03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
sounds like it ended up being a nice day!:mickey:

yjgirl32
03-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Another great post thanks for sharing.

PrettyMinnie
03-29-2011, 06:39 PM
A nice relaxing day! Thanks for the report! :minnie:

faline
03-29-2011, 07:07 PM
What a wonderful, relaxed day! You certainly had your version of a Mardi Gras parade! What fun!

pdrlkr
03-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
What a hoot - I can just picture you guys on that bike, zooming around & throwing beads. How hilarious! Good to hear you were able to hook up with Bret & Sherrie - hope all is well with them!

Packing up on the last night is difficult - but I don't envy you that you need to do it twice. Looking forward to reading about Landon's birthday at Universal! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Sounds like fun, thanks for the report

vizsla
04-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the report.

Dsnygirl
04-17-2011, 03:59 AM
What a fun, relaxing day -- even if you didn't get to the stuff you'd thought you might do! Sounds like it all was just what you needed! And how fun to meet up w/ Disney friends... those are always such special times. Love hearing the fun w/ the surrey bike... we always say we're going to rent one, but never do. :blush:

I hear you on the packing/unpacking for a split stay... we've only done it once, but it did seem like a lot of work. We were happy once we'd made the move (also to AKL, like you...) but while we were packing I wasn't so sure!

Off to read about the birthday boy's special day!

princessgirls
04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Another fun day!!

Relaxing and fun.

Julie:mickey:

MarkC
04-26-2011, 03:45 PM
We love Beach Club and Beaches n cream. Those days are so relaxing and they go by oh so fast. Thanks for the report.