PDA

View Full Version : Unused points

disneymom15
03-29-2011, 11:37 AM
What do you do if you have a few unused points left? We're new owners (bought in Jan) bought 220 points and was given an additional 220 from previous year that we banked. We have 2 trips planned in which we used almost all of our allotment. We have 3 points remaining. Do we just let them expire? How do you handle this?

azcavalier
03-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Probably. You can rent them out to others who need points, but the going rate is only something like $10 a point (or it was last time I checked, which has been a year or two), so 3 points may not be worth it.

DizneyRox
03-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Typically they use banked points first, and then current year points. You might want to look at banking those 3, you never know when you might need a couple. If you can, I'd bank them, next year you would have 223. At some point, you may have enough "leftovers" to stay a little longer, or upgrade accommodations.

We have not lost even one point in the last 10 years of ownership. Well, we did give up like 15 in "builders points" at SSR from a contract purchase, but they were special case points and frankly, I wouldn't go back to SSR to use them regardless.

MinnieMommie
03-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Yes I agree - bank those 3 pts. They may come in handy at some point. :mickey: