PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan

coastiechic
03-29-2011, 09:59 AM
I absolutely love this site and I know I will get plenty of feedback from the wonderful people here! :mickey: Okay here is my question. My DH and I are going to Disney in Sept. We have invited the parents (DHs). They want to come, but only stay for a couple of nights. Is it correct that if we add them to our magic your way package that we will have to purchase 7 nights of dining to match ours even though they are staying 4 nights? :cool: If that is true can we use their unused meals? Thanks for all of your help!! :confused:

DizneyRox
03-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Everybody on the reservation must have the same package, tickets and dining plan included.

princessgirls
03-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Same reservation is correct, and NO transferring meals that are unused. The unused credits expire at midnight of the day you check out.

Your inlaws would need to make a separate reservation with their own package and add the DDP to it.

Julie:mickey:

Jared
03-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Same reservation is correct, and NO transferring meals that are unused. The unused credits expire at midnight of the day you check out.

Your inlaws would need to make a separate reservation with their own package and add the DDP to it.

Julie:mickey:
Actually, if the original poster booked her in-laws on the same reservation, she would be able to use their unused dining credits. The dining plan does not divvy the meals per person. Instead, guests have a bank of credits encoded into their tickets that they can use however they like. That means that when the in-laws left, they could, in theory, use those extra table service meals to try a few signature restaurants and load up on extra snacks.

That said, this strategy isn't the best use of money. I haven't done the math, but I'm sure you'd come out way behind. It seems you'd be better off if the in-laws booked a separate package.

WishingStar2006
03-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Actually, if the original poster booked her in-laws on the same reservation, she would be able to use their unused dining credits. The dining plan does not divvy the meals per person.

In my experience, this is not correct. The dining credits ARE assigned per person. For example, if I have a MYW with three people but have an extra credit and want to buy a 4th person's meal, I cannot use my credit.

During a recent trip I had my reservation with a MYW for 1 person. My sons had another room/reservation with their dining plan. When we ate dinner, it was easier just to give one card and once all my meals were used up we would start using the boys' meals. We were not permitted to do that as my meal plan was only for 1 person, as indicated on my KTTW.

That has been my experience, in the for what-it's-worth department:mickey:!

#1donaldfan
03-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Actually, if the original poster booked her in-laws on the same reservation, she would be able to use their unused dining credits. The dining plan does not divvy the meals per person. Instead, guests have a bank of credits encoded into their tickets that they can use however they like. That means that when the in-laws left, they could, in theory, use those extra table service meals to try a few signature restaurants and load up on extra snacks.

That said, this strategy isn't the best use of money. I haven't done the math, but I'm sure you'd come out way behind. It seems you'd be better off if the in-laws booked a separate package.

I agree with you, in that when in inlaws leave you can soak up some very nice signature meals, or even character meals if you choose !!:mickey:

coastiechic
03-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Thank you so much for all of your responses. If we could use their extra for special meals that would be great :thumbsup:

clausjo
03-29-2011, 12:48 PM
During a recent trip I had my reservation with a MYW for 1 person. My sons had another room/reservation with their dining plan. When we ate dinner, it was easier just to give one card and once all my meals were used up we would start using the boys' meals. We were not permitted to do that as my meal plan was only for 1 person, as indicated on my KTTW.

I'm not completely sure, but I think this is because you had a separate reservation. If her in-laws are on the same reservation, she should be able to use those credits.

magicofdisney
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
I believe if you add them 3 days or less before you check-in, they will not be required to have the DDP. If you were looking for them to have the dining plan but with fewer days, they will need their own reservation.

cer
03-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Everybody on the reservation must have the same package, tickets and dining plan included.

This is where it would break down for me. Their park tickets would also have to match yours if they were on the same reservation. And I am pretty sure the park tickets are not transferrable. Right? You can only get the dining with a vacation package which includes the room and park tickets and it all has to be the same for all on the reservation. Isn't that how it is?

WishingStar2006
03-29-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm not completely sure, but I think this is because you had a separate reservation. If her in-laws are on the same reservation, she should be able to use those credits.

You are probably correct...that is a difference. But I do know that "officially" the dining credits are per person and not per room. :mickey:

DizneyRox
03-29-2011, 01:21 PM
In my experience, this is not correct. The dining credits ARE assigned per person. For example, if I have a MYW with three people but have an extra credit and want to buy a 4th person's meal, I cannot use my credit.

That has been my experience, in the for what-it's-worth department:mickey:!I believe the problem you had was trying to purchase more meals than there were people on the reservation. This is not allowed (I didn't know it was enforced, but it is a rule). For example:

If you have 4 people on the reservation, two adults, two children. You SHOULD be only able to buy 2 adult meals and 2 child meals at a time. If it's signature dining, it would be more credits, but only 4 meals.

I think this applies to CS and TS meals, although it's easy enough to get back in line at a CS location.

There's nothing stopping you from eating 4 or 5 times a day to use up all the credits on your KTTW card. As is no way to stop a 10 year old from buying 30 snacks in one day and using everyone's allotment. With the dining credits tied to a reservation, eating with other people also on the dining plan can get confusing. I think in your case it was handled as it should have been.

ransam
03-29-2011, 04:43 PM
the credits are per the reservation. everyone on the reservation has the same amount of crdits...for instance, if there are 3 people 4 nights you have 12 snacks. if i watned i could use all 12 by myself the same day....

DizneyRox
03-29-2011, 09:04 PM
the credits are per the reservation. everyone on the reservation has the same amount of crdits...for instance, if there are 3 people 4 nights you have 12 snacks. if i watned i could use all 12 by myself the same day....Yes, you could eat at 12 TS places, but you couldn't order 12 meals at once. 3 would be your limit. Snacks are handled differently.

renecat
03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
With the MYW package you do have to have the same amount of days purchased for each person. So if they are sharing a room with you and your DH they leave 3 days before you they still have to purchase park passes for the full stay and I believe if more than 2 adults in a room there is a 25.00 per person per night charge. Your dinning plan is connected to how many nights your stay is for. They might be better off making their own reservations for the days they plan on being there. If you contact someone at MJ they could give you all the correct answers you need. Hope you have a great trip.