PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using points/miles/rewards for perks?

Aurora
03-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Trying to plan a vacation this year has been very ... well, trying. Our money has to go a lot further than at any other time. So we're looking for ways to use miles or rewards points that we have piled up.

I know Hilton Honors offers WDW park hopper tickets, but you need a bajillion points to redeem for them. (OK, really 190,000 points, which is a lot.) Also we saw that Chase Ultimate Rewards offers tickets for Universal.

Anyone use rewards points (other than Disney VISA) for tickets, restaurant meals, etc.?

tinksmom02
03-29-2011, 09:05 AM
We're very fortunate that DH's work allows him to make purchases using his own credit card, and then they cut him a check each month. (He's a shop manager so purchases equipment and supplies quite frequently.) So we're able to get rewards points for that. He had been using the Disney visa, but we switched to a Bank of America card, which gives you 1 point per dollar spent (Disney is 1 point per $100, I believe).

Anyway, I trade the points in for checks several weeks before our vacation. I found that checks gave us the most "bang for our buck" whereas if we got a gift card or something, it would have cost us more points, but we would have gotten less of an amount.

As for frequent flier points, I know zilch about that, sorry.