PDA

View Full Version : Aulani

DVC2004
03-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Long story but I think we're going to go in October. We've had to change plans several times regarding an Alaska cruise booked with points and lost some due to cancellation . Is anyone else booked here yet?

A couple questions:

-I know the resort will not be complete, what is going to be open in October (restaurants, water features/pools)?

- I read there is a tax imposed at check in based on how many points are used (per State of Hawaii). Does anyone know how much that is or equates to?

We're probably going for the Island View studio. I'd rather stay longer than use more for a view since we won't be hanging out in our room all day for the view.

Any input from anyone would be great- thanks!

DVC2004
03-31-2011, 05:51 PM
If anyone is interested, here is what I was able to find out: The tax is very mininal. I was given an example of $34 for a weeklong stay using 174 points.

Also, all restaurants and pools will be open when the resort opens August 29th. Not all rooms will be open.

There will be apearances by Mickey and Minnie, but only for the first 3 months. The longterm plan/theme is to be a Hawaiian resort rather than a Disney themed resort.

VWL Mom
03-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the info, good to know :thumbsup:

Ed
03-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Somewhat unrelated, but FYI...A friend who lives not far from Aulani tells us that the resort was not at all affected by the tsunami after the tragedy in Japan. She says that part of Hawaii received only minor higher-than-normal waves.

DVC2004
04-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Somewhat unrelated, but FYI...A friend who lives not far from Aulani tells us that the resort was not at all affected by the tsunami after the tragedy in Japan. She says that part of Hawaii received only minor higher-than-normal waves.

Good to know! Thanks. We are looking forward to visiting in October. We plan to stop at Disneyland for 2 days then head on to Aulani.:mickey: