PDA

View Full Version : What sit down restaurants (yeah these kind)

luvdiznee
03-28-2011, 06:46 PM
do you wish were in your area where you live? I wish we had places like; Chili's, Olive Garden and Red Robin. Granted they are in the next town over (45 mins away) but I dont usually like to drive that far just for a meal, I geuss.

Even a Cheesecake Factory would be nice, but that is 1.5 hours away. Get that on our way to/from the airport, though. :secret:

But I would even love to have a Joe's Crab Shack here. :marg:What about you.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Olive Garden all the way!! We have to drive to Buffalo, so we only get to go a couple of times a year.

sassafras
03-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Red Lobster, Chili's and Ted's Montana Grill! To get to a decent restaurant around here, we have to drive an hour and forty-five minutes!

akaDisneyDreamer
03-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, Bubba Gump's and Cracker Barrell!

We have these 45 minutes to 2 hours away ... but I wish they were here in my town so I didn't have to make plans to go eat there! At least we finally got an Olive Garden!

magicofdisney
03-28-2011, 07:35 PM
I'd love a Joe's Crab Shack and a Cheesecake Factory. PF Changs would be nice, as well. The closest ones are about 2hrs away. We have most of the others mentioned plus many more, maybe because we live in a college town.

JPL
03-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Joe's Crab Shack so I can finally go and get the "Eat at Joe's" Jingle out of my head!!!! I pretty much have everything else within a reasonable distance.

eam
03-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Carabbas - and to borrow from Red Robin - YUM! (or to borrow from Dora - Fantastico!)

paragon
03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
All I would like is a Red Lobster! There was one here about 5 minutes away when we first moved here, and it closed that year :(
We have just about evereything else mentioned here very close by, except Red Robin and Joes, But I coudn't toss a rock twice without hitting Chiles, Texas Roadhouse, Longhorns, Uno Chicago Grill, Bugaboo Creek, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden, Carabbas, Bertucci's, Friday's, and just about any other "menu by picture" restaurant there is!

Oh, and another I would really, really, really like is a Cape May cafe-just like the one at Disney's Beach Club!!!

RedSoxFan
03-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Olive Garden, Red Robin and Ruby Tuesday would be nice. Have to drive an hour to Syracuse or 45 minutes to Elmira to eat at these places.

DVC2004
03-28-2011, 08:38 PM
We're pretty lucky. We have most of these places and even a Rainforest cafe by us. I would love a Carraba's (closest is over an hour). I wish I could could give you some of our Chilis, Applebees, and Buffalo Wild Wings- we have several in very short distance from us. Of course since we have them we never feel like eating there. :blush:

BrerGnat
03-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Wow, nothing like some perspective to make one feel fortunate.

The only restaurant I wish we had here is...'Ohana. :D

We have almost too many restaurants (like, in the thousands) within about a 10 mile radius...

Cry me a river, right? ;)

luvdiznee
03-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Olive Garden all the way!! We have to drive to Buffalo, so we only get to go a couple of times a year.

I know the feeling.

I'd love a Joe's Crab Shack and a Cheesecake Factory.

Would love to have these also.

Joe's Crab Shack so I can finally go and get the "Eat at Joe's" Jingle out of my head!!!! I pretty much have everything else within a reasonable distance.

I always say on our next Orlando or Vegas trip that we would go here. Havent yet.

All I would like is a Red Lobster! There was one here about 5 minutes away when we first moved here, and it closed that year :(
We have just about evereything else mentioned here very close by, except Red Robin and Joes, But I coudn't toss a rock twice without hitting Chiles, Texas Roadhouse, Longhorns, Uno Chicago Grill, Bugaboo Creek, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden, Carabbas, Bertucci's, Friday's, and just about any other "menu by picture" restaurant there is!

Oh, and another I would really, really, really like is a Cape May cafe-just like the one at Disney's Beach Club!!!

I will gladly trade you a Red Lobster for a Chili's.

Olive Garden, Red Robin and Ruby Tuesday would be nice. Have to drive an hour to Syracuse or 45 minutes to Elmira to eat at these places.

They closed our Ruby Tuesdays as well, now we have to go to Carousel Mall if we want to go there.

We're pretty lucky. We have most of these places and even a Rainforest cafe by us. I would love a Carraba's (closest is over an hour). I wish I could could give you some of our Chilis, Applebees, and Buffalo Wild Wings- we have several in very short distance from us. Of course since we have them we never feel like eating there. :blush:

I hated when they put 3 Applebees in our area.

luvdiznee
03-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Couple more; Bubba Gump and Johnny Rockets. We went to NYC and we passed right by Bubba Gump. But we did endup eating at Dave & Busters and that was a nice one.:marg:

mook3y
03-28-2011, 10:42 PM
IN-N-OUT burgers.:thumbsup: ( heck even Disneyland had them cater the finish of the "Great Goofy Pursuit" for employee's).

1300+ mile drive for me.....

Sorry, Five guys come close but doesn't cut it!

For non burger joint - Northwoods Inn.

mook3y
03-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Wow, nothing like some perspective to make one feel fortunate.

The only restaurant I wish we had here is...'Ohana. :D

We have almost too many restaurants (like, in the thousands) within about a 10 mile radius...

Cry me a river, right? ;)

oh yeah - your in a great location for some kick butt food!

within 10 miles...... how abou the end of the newport pier! yum!

luvdiznee
03-29-2011, 07:07 AM
IN-N-OUT burgers.:thumbsup: ( heck even Disneyland had them cater the finish of the "Great Goofy Pursuit" for employee's).

1300+ mile drive for me.....

Sorry, Five guys come close but doesn't cut it!

For non burger joint - Northwoods Inn.

How could I forget Five Guys. Guess it doesn't have that nice so appealing comfortable colorful inviting look. But their burgers are great. Never went to In N Out. And California Kitchen. Missed that one in Vegas, too. But plan to do it in FL, later this year. :secret:

RedSoxFan
03-29-2011, 07:27 AM
They closed our Ruby Tuesdays as well, now we have to go to Carousel Mall if we want to go there.

I usually eat at Ruby Tuesdays (or Johnny Rockets) when we go to the Carousel Mall. Love the salad bar!!

Ian
03-29-2011, 09:15 AM
We're relatively fortunate (depending on how you look at it) in that we have pretty much every major chain restaurant known to man in less than a 3 mile radius from us.

But there's a few Southern chains like Sonny's BBQ I wish we had. At the top of my list would be In-and-Out Burger and Waffle House.

When I used to go out to Costa Mesa a lot for work, we always ate lunch at In-and-Out ... I miss their burgers.

And really, where else can you get your home fries scattered, smothered, covered, chopped, chunked, and diced???? I need me some Waffle House around here.

Mickey'sGirl
03-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Like Natalie, I could spit and hit a dozen restaurants. We're not so big on chains, but I would KILL for a real deli. That would be pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

.... ooohhh! Ian's post made me think of one ... IHOP! Pancakes are good!

JanetMegan
03-29-2011, 09:42 AM
My parents out west and some other relatives up north have Culvers-which we don't have-although how fattening that stuff is-it's probably a good thing!

princessgirls
03-29-2011, 10:18 AM
We have pretty much EVERYPLACE known to man around here, and a lot of good diners, to get good breakfasts at! No complaints.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Outback, hands down their $9.99 Outback special with choice of two sides is the best deal going. It's a filet, it's delicious!!

A Joe's Crab Shack might be nice to have close...I guess that would be my only want!

I live 30 minutes from NYC, and an hour from the Start of the Jersey Shore, so we really all kinds of options.
My DH is not against taking a ride for a good meal!
Julie:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2011, 10:25 AM
We have a huge variety of chain restaurants near us too in Houston. However, I would love to have a Don Pablos--despite all the authentic Mex and Tex-Mex places here, sometimes I just want a margarita from Don Pablos! :tasty:

I am surprised at the number of times Joe's Crab Shack has been mentioned in this thread. We've tried eating at various Joe's Crab Shack restaurants at least three times and were not impressed. What is everyone's favorite dish there?

Hammer
03-29-2011, 11:35 AM
We're relatively fortunate (depending on how you look at it) in that we have pretty much every major chain restaurant known to man in less than a 3 mile radius from us.

But there's a few Southern chains like Sonny's BBQ I wish we had. At the top of my list would be In-and-Out Burger and Waffle House.

I would love for Sonny's to be up here; really I would love any place where I can get good barbeque and hush puppies!

And really, where else can you get your home fries scattered, smothered, covered, chopped, chunked, and diced???? I need me some Waffle House around here.

We also go to Waffle House every time we visit the family in Tampa, as well as Village Inn (better pancakes than IHOP in my opinion). There is a Waffle House in Allentown, but according to my sister, it isn't the same as the ones down South.

I also like Sweet Tomatoes, but no one else in my family likes it, so I don't get to eat there when I am in Florida (no Sweet Tomatoes up here).

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I also like Sweet Tomatoes, but no one else in my family likes it, so I don't get to eat there when I am in Florida (no Sweet Tomatoes up here).Christine, I like Sweet Tomatoes too, but have a hard time convincing my guys to go there with me, even though we have one just a mile from our house.

Ed
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
And therein, folks, lies one of the great things about living in :mickey: territory - - just about every type of restaurant you can imagine, including almost every one mentioned above.

I do wish we had In-N-Out though. I've eaten there in Cali, and it was quite good.

badkitty
03-29-2011, 02:57 PM
All of this talk is making me hungry! I am also very fortunate to have practically every chain close by, especially IN-N-OUT Burgers. I remember only being able to eat there when we drove to Disneyland but mom always said once they made it over the "grapevine" there was no stopping them. Sure enough, I have several within 10 minutes. Yum! I'm off now for my favorite: IN-N-OUT fries, animal style (fries covered in grilled onions and special sauce). Oh boy!

Ian
03-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I live 30 minutes from NYC, and an hour from the Start of the Jersey Shore, so we really all kinds of options.Ooooh ... that's a good one. I would kill to have a Mack n Mancos Pizza nearby!

I'd weigh like 600 pounds if I did, though. :blush:

luvdiznee
03-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Either I'm in the wrong city, or I just have to start cooking more. Maybe I will take another look at my book, "Top Secret Recipes". :secret:

ElenitaB
03-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Not the fanciest, but I wouldn't mind having a Cracker Barrel nearby. And DS would definitely like to try Joe's Crab Shack. And like Christine, I'd like a good BBQ place too.

Ian
03-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Not the fanciest, but I wouldn't mind having a Cracker Barrel nearby.You know it's funny ... we have two Cracker Barrels reasonably close to us and we never go even thought we really like their food.

Why? YOU CAN NEVER GET IN THE DOOR! I swear, you'd think they gave the food away. I've never been when there wasn't at least a 30-45 minute wait. :eek:

TheMartellFamily
03-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Chick Fil A not one to call close enough to even try to drive. I dream of the day I can have a chicken sandwhich, waffle fries, and sweet tea sometime soon. That is not going to happen but a girl can dream can't she?

luvdiznee
03-29-2011, 10:08 PM
And what about the Ground Round? Ours closed a while ago.

princessgirls
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
All great food...

I think what makes Joe's Crab Shack appealing is that it's usual found in a tourist type area, and is fun...maybe not the food is amazing, just the whole overall experience.

Kind of like Margaritaville too...fun!!

Julie:mickey:

cer
03-30-2011, 02:52 PM
We like El Chico's. Miss it. Closest one to us is in Waco. Bummer.

DisneyDog
03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't live too far from Ian, so I can second that we are pretty lucky. But, I do wish we had a Red Robin nearby. The closest one is about 40 minutes away. We recently got a PF Chang's and Olive Garden 10 minutes from my house, so I'm happy about that (although, I was pretty dissapointed with Olive Garden when we went there.) We used to have a Friendly's within walking distance. I would love to have that back.

Sylvia
03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
I know the question is about "sit down restaurants", but there are a few others that I wish were close by.

When I moved to West Chester from South Philly last year, I left behind some favorites, which were all within walking distance - good Italian bread from Sarcone's (across the street), Isgro's Pastries (a block away), Ruby Tuesday, and the Reading Terminal Market (Dutch Eating Place), just to name a few.

Although West Chester has some great restaurants and I've found a few new favorites, I still miss the old ones. But, South Philly seems to be following me. Several weeks ago, a Sarcone's Deli opened just a block and a half from where I live. The first chance I had, I bought a cheesesteak on a Sarcone's roll and a loaf of Sarcone's bread. It was heaven!!!!

BellesRose
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
I live near almost all of the above restaurants. Don't care for most of them. There is a Cheesecake Factory about 35 minutes away that I do love, but the drive isn't a big deal to me at all. I also like PF Changs (Also 35 minutes away) but Pei Wei is so much better. One thing I do wish we had is not a restaurant but a cupcake shop - GiGi's! The closest one is 45 minutes away but I would love to own one here.

What's funny is when I'm in Orlando, Atlanta, or Indianapolis, I usually LOVE these places! The food is a million times better. I'm convinced that the local restaurants are disgusting but other locations are great.

luvdiznee
03-31-2011, 06:16 PM
I live near almost all of the above restaurants. Don't care for most of them. There is a Cheesecake Factory about 35 minutes away that I do love, but the drive isn't a big deal to me at all. I also like PF Changs (Also 35 minutes away) but Pei Wei is so much better. One thing I do wish we had is not a restaurant but a cupcake shop - GiGi's! The closest one is 45 minutes away but I would love to own one here.

What's funny is when I'm in Orlando, Atlanta, or Indianapolis, I usually LOVE these places! The food is a million times better. I'm convinced that the local restaurants are disgusting but other locations are great.

We are going to hit Cheesecake Factory on our way back from vacation next month. :secret: Since we have to drive 1.5 hours for our airport.

Ed
03-31-2011, 07:34 PM
But, I do wish we had a Red Robin nearby.

:ditto:

They keep advertising on Orlando TV stations, but the only ones even close are in Tampa or Port Orange - each over an hour away. :(

luvdiznee
04-01-2011, 08:29 AM
:ditto:

They keep advertising on Orlando TV stations, but the only ones even close are in Tampa or Port Orange - each over an hour away. :(

Yumm...

DisneyDog
04-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Sylvia, there is a Ruby Tuesdays off of 202 in Great Valley. I know that's still a bit of a drive. We are near King of Prussia but have to go to Plymouth Meeting for the closest Ruby Tuesdays.

Ian, we also love Cracker Barrel but hardly ever go also because of the wait times. We go maybe once a year.

Kennywife
04-09-2011, 08:00 AM
We live in Tulsa, Ok, but it should be called Restaurant City. :number1: We have:

Cheesecake Factory.....a treat for b-days and anniversarys. Expensive!!!!!!
Dave & Busters
Chilis
McAllisters Deli (looove their baked potatos)
Freckles
Outback
Red Robin....we don't go there very often. It's ok.
The Incredible Pizza Company
Jack in the Box
Carl's Jr, Mickey D's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Mazzios, Papa Johns, ARBYS, Whataburger
El Chico
Carabbas
Romanos Italian Grill
Ruby Tuesdays
We have a Cracker Barrel here too. I hate it. The wait is long. Also several IHOPS.

Our fave places here:
Dave & Busters, Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP.

We don't have my fave steak place ever.....Tony Romas. We eat there when we are in Anaheim. :cloud9:

luvdiznee
04-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Neat to be in Tulsa.

magicofdisney
04-12-2011, 10:12 AM
We live in Tulsa, Ok, but it should be called Restaurant City. :number1: We have:

Cheesecake Factory.....a treat for b-days and anniversarys. Expensive!!!!!!
Dave & Busters
Chilis
McAllisters Deli (looove their baked potatos)
Freckles
Outback
Red Robin....we don't go there very often. It's ok.
The Incredible Pizza Company
Jack in the Box
Carl's Jr, Mickey D's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Mazzios, Papa Johns, ARBYS, Whataburger
El Chico
Carabbas
Romanos Italian Grill
Ruby Tuesdays
We have a Cracker Barrel here too. I hate it. The wait is long. Also several IHOPS.

Our fave places here:
Dave & Busters, Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP.

We don't have my fave steak place ever.....Tony Romas. We eat there when we are in Anaheim. :cloud9:
In my town they call it Romano's Macaroni Grill. This reminds me of Edy's Ice Cream which goes by a different name in different parts of the country. I don't recall the other name but I think it begins with a "D".

EDIT: Just looked it up and it's called Dreyer's Ice Cream in some areas.

luvdiznee
04-12-2011, 06:14 PM
In my town they call it Romano's Macaroni Grill. This reminds me of Edy's Ice Cream which goes by a different name in different parts of the country. I don't recall the other name but I think it begins with a "D".

EDIT: Just looked it up and it's called Dreyer's Ice Cream in some areas.

Is that the same as Breyer's Ice Cream? And I love Edy's Double Fudge Brownie!

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Is that the same as Breyer's Ice Cream? And I love Edy's Double Fudge Brownie!

No, Breyer's is different from Dreyer's. West of the Mississippi river, it's called Dreyer's. East, it's called Edy's. Same thing with Hellman's mayonnaise (which is called Best Foods in the west). This was quite confusing to me when I moved from New Jersey to California.

Oh, and restaurant wise: Hardee's in the east, Carl's Jr. in the west!

Sweet Tomatoes in the east; Souplantation in the west.

luvdiznee
04-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Wow. I need another cup of coffee.

Donald A
04-13-2011, 08:11 PM
I moved from Indianapolis to Pittsburgh and was surprised that Indy had some good places that I can't get out here. Some that come to mind include: Cracker Barrel, O'Charley's, Abuelo's, McAlistair's Deli, Macaroni Grill, a local BBQ called Squealers, and a local mexican chain called El Rodeo.

I really can't name a place in Pittsburgh that I would miss if I moved back to Indy. They seem to have everything there that we have here that I like.

jennbunn
04-16-2011, 02:46 AM
for me it is earl of sandwich. I wish we had one at the mall of america. :(

luvdiznee
04-16-2011, 07:49 AM
for me it is earl of sandwich. I wish we had one at the mall of america. :(

Huh...I wish I was near Mall of America. Only been able to get there once. :( So far. :D