PDA

View Full Version : Have you celebrated a bday for a child @ WDW?

Disneymamaof5
03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I am thinking of Making some Disney Decorations and "party" things for my 5 y/o bday @ WDW.
But I need some Ideas!

I know about the Disney Florist, and have checked out their site, but they are TOO costly for many things.

I am thinking of decorating the room the morning of his bday or hurrying on to the room to do this as soon as we arrive. and have some gifts for him the morning of his bday.

I would really like to see any pictures of what all of you have done to make a special bday @ WDW!!

THANKS!! :mickey:

Joannelet
03-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Make sure you put it on your hotel ressie so that they leave a surprise in the room for you! I agree Disney florist is expensive. Do your own thing. Decorate the room with streamers and balloons. Make up a scavenger or treasure hunt-pirate themed if he likes pirates etc. He can do this in your room with small prizes or treasure hidden etc. Can lead him to his gifts.

LisaP
03-29-2011, 01:52 AM
How about making him a custom t-shirt to wear the day of his bday in the park? You can buy the Avery iron on decals and a white t-shirt at Wal Mart :mickey:

Check out the Disney Junior website, they may have some printable items. Look for his faves.

I would personally just buy anything Disney you can find at home and decorate the room yourself. A special character meal may be fun too :party:

I'm sure whatever you do will make for a magical memory for your little guy :cloud9:

SuzieBell
03-29-2011, 06:42 AM
:ditto: with LisaP! We're celebrating my son's B'day too! Make sure you get a Happy Birthday Button from your resort or the park! I'm planning on making matching t-shirts too - DH is so thrilled! Also decorating the room after he falls asleep. Don't forget to decorate the window too! B'day breakfast with characters is also planned, as well as a dinner (on another day - I can't do 2 buffets in one day!) Let the restaurant know you can note it on your ADR. Special cakes can also be ordered by calling 407.827.2253. I believe the least expensive one is $21.00. Some restaurants have a small treasure chest cake for about $15. Sky's the limit!!:party:

wdwaggie
03-30-2011, 03:24 PM
We took my DD on her 4th B-day and although it was back in 2002, she was treated like royalty. The icing on the cake was late one evening at DHS (MGM then), we walked up to the GMR and thought it was closed and asked a CM if they were open and they said they were and noticed my DD birthday pin, they told us it would be a brief wait. After a minute or two, we made our way through the queue and arrived at our seat only to see a hand-written birthday card on the seat for my DD. We were the ONLY ONES on the ride and it was like they opened up just for her. I'll never forget that magical night or how Disney made us feel.:cloud9:

clausjo
04-01-2011, 01:23 PM
We'll be there in October and both my son's (will be 12) and daughter's (will be 9) birthday's are in August. I was thinking of making this a birthday celebration for them, even though it's 2 months later. Has anyone done this so far after the fact? I thought it would be a nice surprise for them.

iwannagotodisneyworld
04-01-2011, 10:59 PM
There's a company that's local to WDW that employs "pixies" to put gifts/decorations in your room before you arrive. Can't post the link but you can do a search. They're pricey too but it would be memorable and you wouldn't have to be frazzled. ;)