PDA

View Full Version : Dee's 1st trip to the world

Bethis26fan
03-27-2011, 09:29 AM
So who says how early is too early to start a pre trip report? I’m sure Mickey wouldn’t mind and I’m about to go insane waiting on this trip. My last trip was Nov 2009 and I’m having major Disney World withdrawals. I’m been reading trip report after trip report trying to satisfy my with drawls but it’s not working to well. So I’m going to start my trip report to see if that will help.

Ok so first who are we.

Me= Beth 30 (31 on the trip)- I am the trip planner and instigator I’m always trying to get or next trip started. My favorite characters are Donald Duck and Chip & Dale. Goal for the trip is to get my picture made with space Chip & Dale.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/DisDonald-1.jpg

Emily 31 (will be 32 on the trip)- My cousin/roommate/best friend. She enjoys Disney as much as I do and hates to plan, so she gladly hands me the reins to plan our trip. Her favorite characters are Tinker bell, Captain Jack, Peter Pan. Goal for the trip to make sure her mom has the best 1st trip ever.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/EDisney.jpg

Debbie aka Dee 50 something - Emily’s mom, my aunt. This is her very 1st trip to the world she has listened to us talk about our last 4 trips and really wanted to go. So we worked it out so she could go with us. Her favorite character is no other than Mr. Eeyore. Her goal for this trip is to get her picture made with Eeyore.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/Dee.jpg

We are hoping that we have 4 more people join us on this trip. It would be Emily’s sister’s family. As of right now they aren’t sure if it’s going to happen. They are celebrating their 10th anniversary this June and not sure if they can take to big trips in 1 year. So for now We are just going to hope they get to come and leave you with their name’s. Mark 28 (29 at trip time) Laura 29 (she would turn 30 during the trip) Logan 7 and Abby 2 (3 at trip time). Logan is my little Disney buddy and has been 4 times already in his short life, that’s 1 more time than his parents. This would be Abby’s 2nd trip. She is only 2 but she knows Disney and has already told her Mom that she is going to Disney. So we will see if Abby’s word holds true or not. Maybe she’s got some magic pixie dust we don’t know about.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/DisneyStinson.jpg

Now on to the when. Remember I asked how early is to start a pre-trip report. We are going Saturday Nov 26 – Dec 3. We are staying at Pop as of now, unless some discounts or something come along and change our plans. My Aunt thinks we are going to stop part of the way down on our 9.5 hour drive. Well we aren’t. We’ve got a room only at pop for that night.

So the plan is to get up early and be on the road by 4:00am Saturday Nov 26 we are leaving from York SC (about 30 miles from Charlotte NC) to start our drive. I figure we really want get started by 4:30 but that’s ok. Then we will drive…If you look to your left you will see nothing but dark a little later if you look to your right you will see trees oh yes and more trees. Ok so 10.5 hours later (we had to stop to eat lunch and stuff) we arrive at Pop Century. We are wondering how long it will take my Aunt to catch on that we aren’t stopping in palm coast. We are even going to take the toll road to avoid downtown Orlando to try and keep her going. We aren’t planning on much Debbie will be resting up after the long drive. Emily & I may hit the pool some then we are going to DTD for Dinner. We are thinking Earl of Sandwiches.

Now for the next part we have put together our days based on calendars that are out now and last years Nov & Dec as well as when we think they will do the taping of the Christmas parade and MVMCP. This is what we came up with.

Sun Nov 27: Magic Kingdom We are hoping to for an early breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace tonight should also be a MVMCP we have left it up to Debbie if we go to that or not. As of right now she has decided if we are doing it. We are also going to go a different way our 1st ride is always Pirates, but this year it’s going to be IASW for my aunt. That’s what she associates the Magic Kingdom with. Then we will go from there.

Mon Nov 28: DHS with dinner at 50’s prime time. I know this place gets a lot of mixed reviews but we love it. My favorite thing to get is the real cherry coke. Emily swears the fried Chicken taste just like how her Grandmother made it. So we always enjoy our time here. After dinner we will hit the Osborn lights. My favorite thing about Disney at Christmas is the lights. I’ll spend a hour walking around in there.

Tues Nov 29: Epcot Dinner at Rose & Crown. My goal is to watch illuminations. I’ve never got to watch it. This is my favorite park I love to shop so what’s better than getting to shop around the world.

Wednesday Nov 30: Magic Kingdom again Dinner at Ohana’s. This is the one thing Emily & I both agree on we can’t wait to get back there to eat. She loves the noodles and I love the pot stickers. Yum thinking about them makes me want to jump in my car and drive down just to eat dinner.

Thursday Dec 1: Animal Kingdom. This is our least favorite park and we normally skip it, but with this being Debbie’s first trip we are going. We are going to try and get in both the Nemo & Lion King shows. We haven’t seen either of them and Logan (remember my Disney buddy) says we have to see Nemo.
After AK we are going to do dinner at Whispering Canyon followed by some resort hopping for Debbie to see all the wonderful Christmas decorations.

Friday Dec 2: Epcot this is our last day in the parks. Dinner at Garden Grill.

Saturday Dec 3: Time to pack up to go home. We are going to sleep in some and then hit DTD before we leave. On the way out we are going to stop at a orange grove to pick our own oranges.

So as of now on February 22nd this is our plan of attack. We get to make our ADR’s May 31st and we will see if we have to do some switching around to get everything we want. The only one I’m thinking will give us some problems is our breakfast the 1st morning.

Some side notes are we are working on a Disney bag for my aunt. She’ll get a Disney survivor bag when we first get there from none other than Mickey and little gifts left from Tinkerbell under the tinkerbell tree we will take with us. Also she’s getting little Disney surprises once a month up until the trip.

Also if you have any suggestions on how to deal with someone who snores and light sleeper please pass them along. I think there is some curse in our family that started with My grandpa and followed his children they all snore and it’s loud. While I am a very light sleeper so I’m a lot worried about not getting sleep. I’m going to take a box fan and some PM meds to help me sleep. I can’t wear earplugs due to issues with my ears, but if you have any advice please pass it along.

If you have any suggestions for our trip please feel free to pass them along as well. Thanks for reading and I’ll be back to update as plans are made futher.

Altair
03-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a plan. Try to see the Flights of Wonder Show at AK. It's worth a peek.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the report...

Wow, I thought I had Disney fever bad....we are going Dec. 17-23 and haven't been since 2008 and I have been on here and reading my planners almost every day since I booked in Feb.:read::geek:

faline
03-27-2011, 05:26 PM
This certainly is an early trip report! Happy planning! :mickey:

Jillirose
03-27-2011, 05:29 PM
You'll see Chip & Dale at the Garden Grille :thumbsup:

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Sounds like you have a really good trip planned. Have fun and let us know how it went.

Bethis26fan
03-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks everyone. We are really excited. "Mickey" has been brining my aunt diffrent things each month to prepare her for the trip.

Then eeyore is going to leave her gifts each day we are there. :)

princessgirls
03-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Sounds great!!! Now, just the wait! No worries...it will be here before you know it!!!

Julie:mickey:

magicman
03-29-2011, 02:02 PM
I love you restaurant choices. You are going to have a blast!!!

Bethis26fan
03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
We are now thinking about (if we get some kind of discount) maybe throwing in a extra day so we can add a relaxing day. Just a day to sleep in and hang out. This would be something new for Emily & me both we always want to go go go on vacations. With my aunt though we think she may like the day to rest up some.

mouseketeer mom
04-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I love your enthusiasm! And we all can relate, so who cares if the trip report is early? I loved reading about your plans, and I too, have also thought about how I'd love to drive down to Ohanas just for dinner!! Enjoy!

Bethis26fan
04-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Disney should come with a warning lable. Could be addictive.

vizsla
04-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
04-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-13-2011, 12:56 PM
So some updates on our plans.

We are now going to leave on Black Friday after we shop :spend:(of course) we are going to drive to kingsland ga which is about 6 hours from here. Stop for the night then drive the last 4 hours on saturday to Pop we are now staying Nov 27 - Dec 4 and have 8 day tickets.

We are going to take a break on Wednesday but I'm going to slip in to DHS to catch the lights :tree: that night the others may or may not.

We also are going to do MVMCP we just aren't sure of the night yet. :)

So that's our updated plans, just waiting on MJ to get back with me that it's all confirmed.

Bethis26fan
05-03-2011, 09:21 AM
So we've made a few changes to our trip.

We are going to go to MVMCP :santa: on Tuesday Nov 29 so we've switched some days around.

We will arive at Pop sometime around noon on Nov 26th. We are going to check in and head to Earl of Sandwiches for lunch and a little DTD shopping (not much this time) then we are going to hit MK sometime just to see the castle lights and maybe wishes.

Sun Nov 27 - Disney Hollywood Studios

Mon Nov 28 - Epcot

Tues Nov 29 - MK (MVMCP):santa:

Wed Nov 30 - is our off day. We get to sleep in after the MVMCP. That afternoon I'm headed to DHS to check out the lights one more time

Thurs Dec 1- Animal Kingdom

Fri Dec 2 - Epcot

Sat Dec 3 - Magic Kingdom

Sun Dec 4 - we are going to do a late breakfast at Kona Cafe before heading home.

So that's our changes now. I'll get to make our ADR's on Memorial day oh the the things we do for Disney. We are off from work that day & I'll get up early to make ADR's. :)

Disney-4-Me
05-04-2011, 12:11 AM
I am VERY impressed with the amount of planning you have completed already!

Tinkerfreak
05-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Sounds like a great trip! There is nothing like experiencing Disney with someone on their first trip.

Bethis26fan
05-31-2011, 10:12 AM
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.
So we made some changes right before we made our ADR’s Monday. So I’m just going to list the new plan with our ADR’s. Now we are pretty much set we won’t change anything else.

Friday Nov 25 we plan on leaving around 1:00pm. We are going to do the whole black Friday shopping thing. We will stop over in Kingsland Ga for the night. This will only leave us a 4 hour drive to get to Disney.

Sat Nov 26 I want to be on the road by 8:00am so that we get to Pop around noon. The plan is to get checked in if the room is ready we will unload the car then head down to DTD and grab some lunch at Earl of Sandwiches and do some shopping. Around 5:00 or so we are going to head over to DH to check out the Osborne Christmas lights. :santa3::snowman::tree:

Sun Nov 27 is our first full day in the parks. We have a 8:10 ADR at Crystal Palace so we will spend the day at MK. This is what my aunt is looking forward to breakfast with Eeyore. Emily & I are betting on many tears from my aunt this morning of course happy tears but still. After breakfast we are going a different way normally it is left to POTC but my aunt wants to ride IASW so we are heading over there 1st this year. Then we will just kind of glow with the flow. The park closes at 7:00 this night. Depending on my aunts energy level will determine what we do. We may go over to the Grand Floridian and check out the ginger bread house, may go swim at the resort if it’s not too cold or may head to DTD for some more shopping.

Mon Nov 28 we are heading over to Epcot I hope to be there pretty close to opening. This will be my aunt’s first really long day the park is opens at 9:00 and doesn’t close till 9:30pm. We have a dinner ADR at Via Napoli at 7:00pm. We are looking forward to seeing if this is as good as everyone says. We are going to try and catch the Christmas story tellers and see Journey with Figment we’ve never done this one and even though everyone says it’s lame I would still like to see it.

Tues Nov 29 is our Animal Kingdom day. Not my favorite park in fact if my aunt wasn’t with us we would skip this park all together. No worries thought there are things we like it’s just not a favorite park so we will still have fun. We were informed my nephew that we “HAD” to watch the nemo show so since he couldn’t come with us we are going to do that and just kind of go with the flow here. We will head out around 4:00 and catch the bus to wilderness lodge for our 5:00 ADR at Whispering Cannon. Which we are little bummed the bourbon pecan pie isn’t on the menu anymore :( Emily was looking forward to that more than the meal. After dinner we are going to catch a boat over to MK for MVMCP. At the party we are going to try and do just party stuff and not ride so many rides. We will close down the park at 12:00 and head back to POP.

Wed Nov 30 is our off day. The only plan that is set is a ADR at Ohana’s for 5:15. We are going to sleep late (I hope) and just relax some. We’ve talked about going to walmart and the outlets. Then we’ve talked about swimming and heading to DTD. So who knows what we will do. We also have an extra park ticket we could use after dinner if we wanted to head into one of the parks for a few hours. If we haven’t down the resorts on the monorail loop yet we will do that as well.

Thurs Dec 1 we are headed back to MK. I’m not sure if they will be doing any of the parade taping this day or not if they are the plan will be to avoid the area around the castle till later in the day. We will probably go left this time to POTC. Since my aunt was so excited about breakfast with eeyore and Emily & I have wanted to try CP for dinner we have a dinner ADR at CP for 5:35. The funny thing when we made this reservation it said they may split our party of 3. It didn’t matter what time I picked it said. I don’t think they will split 3 people so no worries. 

Fri Dec 2 we are headed back to Epcot. The calendar is out yet but it should be extra magic hours here and the park should be open till around midnight. I know we would stay that late but I just like that we have the option to if we want. We have a dinner reservation at the Garden Grill for 5:35. I love me some Chip n Dale.  Today we will try to catch the rest of the story tellers and just take our time looking around.

Sat Dec 3 we are finally going to make it for a full day at DHS. So of course we will have to be there when the park opens so we can do Toy Story mania. We have dinner at 50’s prime time for 5:20. I know this place gets mixed reviews but we come here every time we love. We’ve had good and bad service but the food is always good. I do hope we get a cousin that wants to play along since it’s my aunts first time. I know that I will close the park down hanging out in the Osborne lights.:tree: :santa: :sleigh:When we get back to the room that night we get to start the dreaded task of packing up.

Sun Dec 4 check out day. We have a late breakfast set for 10:45 at Kona café. So we will load the car up and check out before heading to the Poly. I’m leaving the car at Pop and we will catch a bus over to MK then take the monorail or boat to the poly. When breakfast is done we made head to DTD for a little bit or may just **** it up and head home. Either way I would like to be on the road by around 2:00 we will have a 9 hour drive home.

So there you have it our new and shouldn’t change plans for our trip. Now we’ve just got to wait the 179 days 1 hour and 50 mins to get there. Not that I’m counting or anything.

faline
05-31-2011, 11:12 AM
The plan is really coming together now!

KylesMom
05-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Looks like you're ready to go - now only if the calendar would agree with you! Great plans in the making - you'll have a blast, I'm sure! :mickey:

Suz36
05-31-2011, 02:21 PM
You sound like me - as soon as we get home from a trip, I sit down and plan out the entire next trip! Sometimes I'm even a trip or two ahead! Crazy, I know, but that's what a Disney obsession is all about! Your plans sound wonderful - we loved the parks at Christmas time and can't wait to get back to see the beautiful lights and decorations!

Bethis26fan
09-27-2011, 11:49 AM
2 months till the trip. Wow So I guess it's time to get into the real pre trip report now. I mean I’ve given you pretty much what we are doing, but w/ everything planed that early things change.

So the cast will only be
Me= Beth 31 I am the trip planner and instigator I’m always trying to get or next trip started. My favorite characters are Donald Duck and Chip & Dale. Goal for the trip is to get my picture made with space Chip & Dale.

Emily 32 My cousin/roommate/best friend. She enjoys Disney as much as I do and hates to plan, so she gladly hands me the reins to plan our trip. Her favorite characters are Tinker bell, Captain Jack, Peter Pan. Goal for the trip to make sure her mom has the best 1st trip ever.

Debbie aka Dee 50 something - Emily’s mom, my aunt. This is her very 1st trip to the world she has listened to us talk about our last 4 trips and really wanted to go. So we worked it out so she could go with us. Her favorite character is no other than Mr. Eeyore. Her goal for this trip is to get her picture made with Eeyore.

Our fellow DDFL (Disney Dork's For Life) club members aren't going to get to come this year.

We are going Saturday Nov 26 – Dec 3. We are staying at Pop in a standard room with the regular dinning plan.

We are leaving on Nov 25 (Black Friday) I'm not sure of the time but I know I want to be on the road about 1:00 we will drive 7 hours to palm coast fl and stay for the night at a hotel there for the night. hoping it won't be to dark to take my aunt down to see the red sand beaches, if it is well do it in the morning before we leave.

Saturday Nov 26 we are leaving the hotel at 9:00am for short 1:45 min drive to Pop. we will get checked in and if the room is ready unload if not we are heading down to DTD to get some lunch at Earl of Sandwiches. Then we will shop till we drop or till our 7:15 ADR at Raglan Road. This is a 1st for us and I'm looking forward to it. The fellow DDFL ate their this summer on the annv trip and really liked it so we thought lets give it a try. After dinner it will be back to the room to settle in our disney beds for a good nights sleep. (I hope)

Sunday Nov 27th 1st park day and you can't take someone to disney for their 1st trip w/ out starting at Magic Kingdom right? And when said person can't wait to see eeyore what better way to start it off than with a early 8:10 ADR at Crystal Palace. The goal for today is to hit the rides it's a MVMCP night so the park closes at 7:00 so no fireworks or parades. Depending on everyone's energy level we may go check out the gingerbread house at GF before heading back to the resort.

Monday Nov 28th Epcot day. This is my favorite park I just love everything about it. We have a dinner ADR @ 4:45 at Garden Grill and other than that we are just going to go w/ the flow. We do want to get in the behind the seeds tour on one of our epcot days.

Tuesday Nov 29th Animal Kingdom. I'm just not a fan of AK I don't know why but I’m not. Emily isn't a fan either but w/ it being Debbie's 1st trip we've got to take her. We are going to try and get in both the Nemo & Lion King shows. We haven’t seen either of them and Logan (nephew) says "we have to see Nemo". After AK we are going to do dinner at Whispering Canyon at 5:00. Then the crazy people we are and pushing things to the limit have a MVMCP to get to after dinner.

Wed Nov 30th is our off day. We are going to sleep till we wake up and then maybe go to the outlets and look around some. We have a 5:15 dinner at Ohana's and after we are going to try and get to DHS just for the lights.

Thursday Dec 1st back to Magic Kingdom (yes we know they may be taping the ABC christmas parade but it's really the only way we could work 2 days of MK in without doing back to back days) so the goal to avoid main street at all cost and just enjoy our time. We have ADR's w/ eeyore again at 5:35 that evening then we are going to catch the parade and wishes before heading out.

Friday Dec 2

Is our 2nd epcot day again no big planning going on here. We have a ADR at5:45 for Via Napoli (a first for us)

Sat Dec 3rd
DHS finally I know we've probably jinxed ourselves into rain and more rain because we've only got one day at this park. We have a 5:20 adr at 50's prime time

Sunday Dec 4th we have a late breakfast ADR at Kona for 10:45 then we will start the long drive back home.