PDA

View Full Version : Good meals close to Disney

chrisie703
03-27-2011, 01:36 AM
We will be leaving on Tuesday for a week in Disney. We are staying at Pop and my parents are staying at CBR. We always stay on site so we don't have to drive anywhere, so I really don't know the area outside of Disney. This time my parents are renting a car, so I would love some suggestions on some good places to eat that are close and a good value. I don't necessarily want to eat super cheap, but I want a bang for my buck, which you obviously don't get IN Disney.

We will also be having some meals in Disney, I actually got a reservation for Cinderellas Royal Table just a couple of weeks ago :joy: But after paying $45 pp for breakfast I would love to save some money on other meals. I would also like to know if there is a website(s) where I can get coupons for restaurants near Disney, if that's allowed on this site. if you can't post maybe you can PM me.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that you can offer some suggestions.

I realize that this might be better posted under "dinning", but I only see Disney restaurants discussed there. Moderators please move if necessary. Thank you.

Altair
03-27-2011, 03:17 AM
Wow, I moved the thread without crashing the system. :blush:

Anyway we like to find places we don't have at home. Reynold's Roadhouse is a chain, but not near us, and it's a fun place to go. It's on US192 along with all kinds of other places and not far from Disney property.:mickey:

Ed
03-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Wow, I moved the thread without crashing the system. :blush:

Way to go, Dave. You've just earned your first Mod raise - - 10% over what you were making before. ;)

I always tell folks that if they can't find a restaurant they like around WDW, they just ain't looking.

A few of our favorites in the immediate area:

Bahama Breeze, at SR535 and Vineland Road
Sweet Tomatoes, in the Crossroads shopping center at SR535 and Hotel Plaza Blvd
Joe's Crab Shack, also on 535 about a half-mile north of Hotel Plaza Blvd

If you feel like driving a little farther, take 535 North just about five miles from Hotel Plaza Blvd to Sand Lake Road; turn right. The next few blocks of Sand Lake are known locally as "Restaurant Row". You'll find everything from drive-thrus to five-star dining. A favorite of ours in that area is Too Jays Gourmet Deli in the Marketplace at Dr. Philips.

spinnerf
03-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow Ed, I was just going to say TooJays on Dr Phillips also. Love that place. Unfortunately there are few non-chain choices in the area (even TooJays is a chain, but excellent). On Dr Phillips we also like BoneFish (NOT FishBones that all the cabs advertise), there is a Mortons steak house, and many other restaurants, you even pass a WholeFoods on the way.

iloveokw
03-27-2011, 01:40 PM
These are all in Lake Buena Vista:

Bahama Breeze (most $$ of my list)
Orlando Ale House
Sweet Tomatoes
Flipper's pizza
Giordano's for deep dish pizza

There are chains in this area:

Red Lobster
Joe's Crab Shck
Chevy's
Perkin's
Buffalo Wild Wings
Chili's
Panera

and a lot more

BowTie7
03-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I like the nearby Panera Bread. Great for soups, salads, sandwiches, coffee, and pastries. Plus free wifi.

spinnerf
03-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Panera bread is always good, great point with the wifi, we have kept in touch with home from Disney using Paneras wifi.

magicalmom
03-29-2011, 08:21 PM
You can find off-property restaurant coupons in the Entertainment passbook for Orlando, and discounted gift certificates on Restaurant.com. I have even found certificates for restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin on Restaurant.com.

Also, don't overlook the coupon books at the airport and train station. (You can also find them at the Tourist information place on I drive.) You can use those coupons to score some of the dinner shows for the price of a reasonable dinner.