PDA

View Full Version : Muppets

LVT
03-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Has anyone seen the Muppets characters outside of the MK parade? I would like to see Kermit and Animal, while my sons want to meet the Swedish chef and see something blow up.

Greenlawler
03-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Currelntly no Muppets are doing Meet N Greets. Their last appearance as full sized characters was at the Disney Marathons in 2007, and 2008. The last time I saw Kermit and Piggy doing meet n greets in the parks for the public was back in 2004. Gonzo and Fozie among others used to appear but that was long ago. Sweet Ums is the only Muppet who still appears as a full character (during the 3-D movie), although you cannot meet him (we have tried). This is due to contractual stuff. Beaker and Honeydew did appear for a very brief stay with the Mobile Muppet Lab in like 2008 I think(?)

According to what I have read, the Henson people want the Muppets to be represented by puppet likenesses instead of the full size characters. According to rumors there are some things in the works for Kermit and Piggy to appear in their puppet forms somewhere. But details have not been confirmed for certain, as this is only rumor.

I am certain the Muppets will soon have a re-boot at Disney as a "big time" new movie featuring them is in the works. Unlike the last few Muppet movies which have either been television debuts or movies with little fanfare. This one seems to have the Disney push behind it. We shall see.